Light-O-Rama Forums

ETA of CCB's or Not

Ralph A

I have read many post on the new products such as the CCB's. I believe they were to be released this year. Did I miss a post somewhere, or have we had any official word from Dan or others as to when they are coming? Or will they not make it this year? It is not my intention to push as I do understand there are many problems associated when production of a new product. I just need to know very soon as I have started with the beginning stages of putting up the display. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Don

• displaysinmotion_will

• ItsMeBobO

scubado wrote:

They are in the mail or still on the slow boat from overseas.

a more accurate update is that they were released to The first automated production run 1 month ago and will arrive soon....

displaysinmotion_will wrote:

scubado wrote:
They are in the mail or still on the slow boat from overseas.

a more accurate update is that they were released to The first automated production run 1 month ago and will arrive soon....

And, how did that "first automated production run 1 month ago" go? Have there been any testing of the CCBs from this "first automated production run"?

one update i would like to share with the user of Easy Light Linkers:

CCBs and ELLs (Easy Light Linker data radios) don't mix because of a power supply difference, ELLs need to be powered from another source.

cost? with ribbons on last day of sale one has to wonder... Is it worth waiting or am I gonna end up with a second mortgage for the CCB strands?

shredocaaster wrote:

cost? with ribbons on last day of sale one has to wonder... Is it worth waiting or am I gonna end up with a second mortgage for the CCB strands?

Rumor has it that they will be $200 for 100ct and $150 for 50 ct. I was debating CCR vs. CCB. I'll take my chances and wait on the CCB's. It's kind of late for either one for me as I still have to learn how to sequence these bad boys. If they come out soon, maybe I'll be able to get by with a simple sequence. Either way, I'll have a whole year to learn.

MikeH

MikeH wrote:

Rumor has it that they will be $200 for 100ct and $150 for 50 ct. I was debating CCR vs. CCB. I'll take my chances and wait on the CCB's. It's kind of late for either one for me as I still have to learn how to sequence these bad boys. If they come out soon, maybe I'll be able to get by with a simple sequence. Either way, I'll have a whole year to learn.

MikeH

I've mentioned this before ... the lack of hardware shouldn't keep you from programming said device. The CCB's should (with 99.9% certainty) program just like the CCR's. Both are 50 RGB unit strings.

Don wrote:

MikeH wrote:

MikeH

I've mentioned this before ... the lack of hardware shouldn't keep you from programming said device. The CCB's should (with 99.9% certainty) program just like the CCR's. Both are 50 RGB unit strings.

Yep, I remember you saying that before. But to me, it's just not the same as having the hardware there to look at.

MikeH

Don wrote:

Then you wind up like me with Sequences for CCBs and crossing your fingers you can get them (and some controllers) in time for Halloween setup. :(

We received the first production run of CCBs. We now need to run about 500 strings through a QA cycle to see if they have the quality we expect. Will report in about a week.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

We received the first production run of CCBs. We now need to run about 500 strings through a QA cycle to see if they have the quality we expect. Will report in about a week.

Dan

WooT!

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Open box special!