Light-O-Rama Forums

Sale/No Sale???????????

Ralph D

jimswinder wrote:

rikerz wrote:

I always tell my Mom that I will grow up when they throw that last shovel full of dirt on me!

what's your address???

Easy, not ready to go quite yet.....:D

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Arnoldc

• LORi P

• BrownOut

I'm going to throw this out there, and will probably be ridiculed for even asking, but I am wondering if anyone has an "extra" controller they'd be willing to rent out this year if I cannot get one because they sell out. I've put so much time into programming this year, the additional controller is a must. From the sounds of it, everything is on back order, and I'm not confident I'll be one of the lucky few to get one. If I need to put my name on a list for renting i'll do it! I JUST NEED ONE....

Ineedmorelights wrote:

I'm going to throw this out there, and will probably be ridiculed for even asking, but I am wondering if anyone has an "extra" controller they'd be willing to rent out this year if I cannot get one because they sell out. I've put so much time into programming this year, the additional controller is a must. From the sounds of it, everything is on back order, and I'm not confident I'll be one of the lucky few to get one. If I need to put my name on a list for renting i'll do it! I JUST NEED ONE....

I might be interested in trying this out since I have several extra controllers this year...

Just can't get my head totally around in terms of payment, shipping and a way to guarantee the cost of the controller just in case "something happens" and I don't get it back...

thoughts?

jimswinder wrote:

Ineedmorelights wrote:

I might be interested in trying this out since I have several extra controllers this year...

Just can't get my head totally around in terms of payment, shipping and a way to guarantee the cost of the controller just in case "something happens" and I don't get it back...

thoughts?

Rental Agreement with twice the amount of the cost to replace...I would think that's good insurance + a binding contract. But prolly too expensive.

Or...he can send you his wife for deposit. On second thought that wouldn't work, he might let you keep her.

MikeH wrote:

Rental Agreement with twice the amount of the cost to replace...I would think that's good insurance + a binding contract. But prolly too expensive.

Or...he can send you his wife for deposit. On second thought that wouldn't work, he might let you keep her

Just because you have an agreement doesn't mean they will honor it...

I guess if they want it that bad I will charge the cost of the controller and refund them any money (less rental and shipping) on it's return and in one piece...

jimswinder wrote:

MikeH wrote: 

Or...he can send you his wife for deposit. On second thought that wouldn't work, he might let you keep her

Just because you have an agreement doesn't mean they will honor it...

I guess if they want it that bad I will charge the cost of the controller and refund them any money (less rental and shipping) on it's return and in one piece...

What I would suggest is cost of controller plus shipping sent to you first (plus rental fee) then as soon as you get the controller back, send a check back for the cost of controller

That sounds fair. Of course this is all contingent upon my inability to acquire a controller this year. I just want to have a contingency plan.

I understand your apprehension renting out controllers, I'd feel the same way.

I think it's a risk to send out any controler to people to rent you don't know. or across a state line.

I know that in my time of troubles, members did ask and wanted to help my wife in any way they could. but it was for my display, not there's.

If anyone is going to send out a controller, sell it. you have nothing to lose but a controller. and you can alway try the summer, winter sale.

evan.a wrote:

If anyone is going to send out a controller, sell it. you have nothing to lose but a controller. and you can alway try the summer, winter sale.

if I ask for a down payment equal to or more than the value of the controller, and I don't get it back, then I am basically selling it...and without a loss...

yes, I don't have the controller...but I would not rent it if I truly needed it.

jimswinder wrote:

LORi P wrote:
Now, now, honey, calm down. Oh wait! Is 'honey' considered calling you a name??? :shock: Now, now, sweetie... darn, another name..... Now, now, darling...... Uugh... I give up!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

No, No...keep trying!!! :D

..... cutie pie ...... sweetheart ..... baby cakes ...... Nope, can't do it, still all names! :D:P:P

LORi P wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
LORi P wrote:
Now, now, honey, calm down. Oh wait! Is 'honey' considered calling you a name??? :shock: Now, now, sweetie... darn, another name..... Now, now, darling...... Uugh... I give up!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

No, No...keep trying!!!  :D

..... cutie pie ...... sweetheart ..... baby cakes ...... Nope, can't do it, still all names! :D:P:P

how sbout "hey you"?

Arnoldc wrote:

LORi P wrote:
Arnoldc wrote:
how about "hey you"?

Like that's real romantic. No wonder I left you for Jim! :D :D :D

ouch... But as i recall i let you go..

Details, details... :D

LORi P wrote:

BrownOut wrote:
...Cuppy Cake...

Hey! You tryin' to move in on my man?!? :X

WOW!! never been called a "man" before!!!! :)