Light-O-Rama Forums

Strangest use of ??

shfr26

steve synek wrote:

Maybe not strange............but I used plastic drywall J channel to make 4 color stars..........

Steve

Steve, Do you have a "How to Build it" for your stars? I would love to add something like that to my show in the future.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• shfr26

• steve synek

• Tim Herberger

jldavis1969 wrote:

Steve, Do you have a "How to Build it" for your stars? I would love to add something like that to my show in the future.

look at the post right above yours... :)

steve synek wrote:

Maybe not strange............but I used plastic drywall J channel to make 4 color stars..........

Steve

Love your stars Steve! We'll all be looking for your how to on this one! I'd love to build some of those for both my Halloween and Christmas Displays!

Those are extremely nice and from your photo don't look to be too difficult to construct.

jimswinder wrote:

did someone mention "strange Christmas decorations"?

look close what is UNDER the elf....

I figured when I saw that it wasn't in any malls in the USA!

And I can just bet dollars to donuts if a Mall in the USA did that, well there'd be a very large massive outcry to GET RID OF IT!

Even though in another country, it is still somewhat unbelievable, even though it's true!:shock:

jimswinder wrote:

jldavis1969 wrote:

look at the post right above yours...  :)

I know it was made from J channel. But I would like the dimensions, a closeup of how the lights are arranged, how many channels per star. stuff like that. even a pic of the star from face on not just a side view.

jldavis1969 wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
jldavis1969 wrote:

look at the post right above yours... :)

I know it was made from J channel. But I would like the dimensions, a closeup of how the lights are arranged, how many channels per star. stuff like that. even a pic of the star from face on not just a side view.

LOL...No Steve said:

Thanks you guys for the kind comments. I will get some information posted under a new thread............maybe this weekend.

Steve

shfr26 wrote:

What ??? No wiper motor ideas??

Give me some time, I have lots...

Old cloths hangers cut in strips, bent in a U to hold wires down to the ground.

Had about 1000 lights left over at the end of last years show, so I used the rod I use to hang lights for a mega tree and took a soft plastic salsa bowl, drilled holes in it, added hooks and used it as the topper.

My kids loved it and told everybody.

I use a propane fire pit with an electric valve to turn the propane on and off and a battery powered grill ignitor hooked up to a transformer to provide spark.

at my old house I used to take my kids playhouse onto the front lawn and decorate it.
I would also take the scarecrow and put it in a cheap santa suit with a blow mold santa head for the face.
I'll look for some photos tonight

• 2 weeks later...

Steve synek wrote:

Dan C wrote:
steve synek wrote:
Maybe not strange............but I used plastic drywall J channel to make 4 color stars..........

Steve

Steve! We'd love to see more on how you made those, they look great!

Thanks you guys for the kind comments. I will get some information posted under a new thread............maybe this weekend.

Steve

My apologies for not doing what I said I would do...........I have turned this into a project. I have pictures stored all over the place ( 3 computers, some SD cards, a back up drive) and have taken on organizing and labeling all my pictures (1000's). I feel so guilty lurking when I should be doing what I said I would do. I will get this info posted................
Do I need to copyright my pictures before posting? :P These will be my pictures of my work!!!!!!!!

Steve