Light-O-Rama Forums

Pictures from Expo

Don

Thank's Logan...Been programming for CCF and CCB's so end of July not too bad. $200 for 100 CCB's may make me rethink CCR's..Program will work the same..Maybe not so fragile..We'll see !!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrownOut

• Donny M. Carter

• Don

• ItsMeBobO

Very interested in the floods and info or video would be appreciated.
thanks don c.

BrownOut, thanks for the pics of the CCB's. I will order several sets when they come out.:)

expo_05.jpg

Keep in mind this is in a convention center, not in the dark, but here is a picture of the CCB's in action. Two CCB strands here. This is running a chase type effect of various colors. I think the other side is going into another effect right as the picture is taken.

I have video, but will have to wait to get home to post. Too large a video to upload over the various wi-fi's.

Thanks for the pics. In the above on the upright pole.
The spacing seems much less than 6 inches.
That would make that pole 25 feet tall?

ItsMeBobO wrote:

It is less than six. Zipties were used to make the spacing between each one less than 6".

I'll probably forget, but I'll try to get a close up picture tomorrow.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

This is easy... standard "Pipe an drapes" used in these centers are usually 8 feet tall x 10 feet wide ( I have helped put up enough of these drapes)...

in that photo the drape top is almost to the center. That pole is around 20 feet tall..

from what it looks like in the video... its 2or 3 peices of 2" aluminum tubing joined together.

JHolmes wrote:

Does anybody have the Official PDF for the Cosmic Color Bulbs?
I need to show them to a potential client on Wednesday and I can't find it anywhere!

Shoot me an email. If no one else posts it by tomorrow I'll get one scanned in for you. (LOR had them at the booth.)

Thanks for the videos brownout. It's always nice to see the latest toys!
One question - where were all the people in the vendor room??? I would have thought it would have been much busier than what your videos captured...

Greg Young wrote:

Thanks for the videos brownout. It's always nice to see the latest toys!
One question - where were all the people in the vendor room??? I would have thought it would have been much busier than what your videos captured...

That brings up a good question for those that attended -- approximately how many people would you estimate were at the expo (non-vendors)? 50, 500, 5000?? (Multiple people might have different insight on this based on their exposure throughout the weekend.)

Surfing4Dough wrote:

That brings up a good question for those that attended -- approximately how many people would you estimate were at the expo (non-vendors)? 50, 500, 5000?? (Multiple people might have different insight on this based on their exposure throughout the weekend.)

In my opinion, foot traffic seemed to be up/down, depending on the time of day. There were times on Friday/Saturday where the venue seemed to be quite busy with foot traffic. Of the vendors I talked to, many (3/4?) were pleased with the weekend.

(Of course, each vendor is going to have a different definition of pleased ...)

So the CCB brochure above says CCB's will be C7 with 6 inch spacing. A few months ago, Dan said they would be C9 with 8 inch spacing. I think I also heard somewhere else that only one size would be available this year. Does this mean that C9 CCB's will not be available this year? Bummer.

Kent Stutzman wrote:

So the CCB brochure above says CCB's will be C7 with 6 inch spacing. A few months ago, Dan said they would be C9 with 8 inch spacing. I think I also heard somewhere else that only one size would be available this year. Does this mean that C9 CCB's will not be available this year? Bummer.
It sounds like they are still going to make multiple sizes, just not this year. The ones they had at the show had green wire, 6" spacing to bulb center and were C7 style. Dan said they were the ones for order this year.

When they say that you can have 50 or 100 count strings...

Are the strings just 50 count strings and they can get attached to each other? Or does one controller support 2 separate strings?

Does anyone have a picture of what controller looks like? Does it look like the CCR controller?

Did anyone ask how much the data over power line injector would cost? I'm guessing it is not included with the CCBs.