Light-O-Rama Forums

Fun and Giggles: What is the WORST song for use in any Display?

Guest guest

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Hmmm..I'm thinking Weird Al's "Christmas At Ground Zero" maybe. =)

That one has been part of my display since my first year! By request of my wife! It's my nephew's favorite Christmas song! The explosion in the beginning was fun to sequence.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• caniac

• Steven

• Ryan Johnson

• Jim Saul

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Hmmm..I'm thinking Weird Al's "Christmas At Ground Zero" maybe. =)

Don't fioget Weird Al's other one, which is much worse than "Christmas at Ground Zero", Weird Al's "The Night Santa Went Crazy" is definitely much, much worse than the Ground Zero song.

Both are funny in their own way.

I've actually considered sequencing both, but always "chicken out". LOL

Guest guest

Phil Dinan wrote:

:D "Bud The Spud From The Big Red Mud" by Stomping Tom Connors just listen and you will know why

Had to go look that one up on youtube and take a listen.

Now that didn't sound too darn bad too me. Pretty cute actually.

Unlike a lot of the others mentioned here that are, by far, much, much worse than "Bud the Spud" which sounds more like a children's song to me, more than anything else.

• 11 months later...

I'm glad to see that others here actually appreciate "Weird Al" Yankovic as much as I have for the past 25+ years. His songs mentioned not 1 but 4 times (although only the 2 for being inappropriate. But I too am tempted to try the Extra Gory version of the Night Santa Went Crazy, but the wife says no. Maybe just for late night when friends are around. But am cosidering a medley of some of his parodies, or at least a polka of his to break of the Christmas themed music of the show.

Okay so who wants to try and sequence this one?
This has to rate up there as one of the worst songs period, much less for a display!

I've sequenced Eric Cartman singing "O Holy Night"
there's no cussing or adult themes... just some improvised lyrics

Crazydave wrote:

I've sequenced Eric Cartman singing "O Holy Night"
there's no cussing or adult themes... just some improvised lyrics

Here is a link to the version of Cartman singing "O Holy Night" that I used in 2010.

Bucket wrote:

I'm glad to see that others here actually appreciate "Weird Al" Yankovic as much as I have for the past 25+ years. His songs mentioned not 1 but 4 times (although only the 2 for being inappropriate. But I too am tempted to try the Extra Gory version of the Night Santa Went Crazy, but the wife says no. Maybe just for late night when friends are around. But am cosidering a medley of some of his parodies, or at least a polka of his to break of the Christmas themed music of the show.

I have sequenced "Nature Trail to Hell in 3D" for Halloween this year. It was probably not the best choice for a novice, but I got through it.

Torqumada

Earlier in this thread the song "Another One Bite's The Dust" was brought up and I couldn't help but laugh at this old commercial. One of the best uses for this song I have seen.

beeiilll wrote:

Okay so who wants to try and sequence this one?
This has to rate up there as one of the worst songs period, much less for a display!

If I'd paid to see {or hear} that, I do beleive I'd be demanding a refund and the cost of some hearing aids for BOTH ears!:shock: ROFLMAO

pikadroo wrote:

My problem is the very end of the song ...

I assume you're talking about: "Right next to... Gentleman's Club." :)

pikadroo wrote:

I am seriously considering sequencing this one this year:

My problem is the very end of the song even tho I could hack that off... The movie it's from is rated R, the TV show I think is rated adult... so I dunno to me I think I might be a little twisted if say my kid (which don't have any) heard it and then maybe was singing it at school and got in some kinda trouble. Then if I found out what the song was from, I dunno I think I would be annoyed... might be some kinda boundary I don't wanna cross there.

I think it would work good tho with all the blow mold candy canes, ginger bread men, and soldiers dancing around.

Drew

Naw, that's not as bad as some songs I've heard. I like LMFAO's music, but some of it I would never put in a display element because of the content. I don't really see anything all that wrong with the ending, so he sings it's next to a "Gentlemen's Club", I don't see a big deal in that. And I only heard one curse word in the song, a$$ {I think it was}, other than that, song isn't bad, but not sure it's one I'd use because I'm just not fond of the singers voice or the musical score. But I'm not going to torment myself and listen to this song again!:)

I like more updeat music, like the old {dare I say it?} DISCO days.{Yep, I said it!}:shock::)

Orville wrote:

I like more updeat music, like the old {dare I say it?} DISCO days.{Yep, I said it!}:shock::)

Disco? Like this?

Steven wrote:

Orville wrote:
I like more updeat music, like the old {dare I say it?} DISCO days.{Yep, I said it!}:shock::(

Disco? Like this?

Ahh, MECO, the best damn version of Star Wars as far as I am concerned{yep, I loved their versions better than the Original soundtrack!}. I have that CD {and an outdated audio cassette} somewhere, along with the Original Score. Hope I can find my old MECO CD, I just may have to try sequencing some of their versions for my Halloween Display. I think their style of music would go very well with our light displays.:cool:

Steven wrote:

Orville wrote:
I like more updeat music, like the old {dare I say it?} DISCO days.{Yep, I said it!}:shock::P

Disco? Like this?

Beavis-Spits-Coke-in-Buttheads-Face.gif