Light-O-Rama Forums

Fun and Giggles: What is the WORST song for use in any Display?

Guest guest

caniac wrote:

garyfunk wrote:
I am thinking "In The Garden of Eden" by Iron Butterfly.
you have a good one though that is my all time favorite rock and roll song. 17 minutes long so for those using incandescent in their display they might be replacing some mid song!! lol

OUCH! 17 minutes!!! I do well to get a song done that's just under 5 miuntes, I don't think I'll ever want to tackle one that long!

It's bad enough doing several short songs and get them done, but ONE song that length? Not for me! Nor do I think our audience would stay put for a song that long.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• caniac

• Steven

• Ryan Johnson

• Jim Saul

Orville wrote:

caniac wrote:
garyfunk wrote:
you have a good one though that is my all time favorite rock and roll song. 17 minutes long so for those using incandescent in their display they might be replacing some mid song!! lol

OUCH! 17 minutes!!! I do well to get a song done that's just under 5 miuntes, I don't think I'll ever want to tackle one that long!

It's bad enough doing several short songs and get them done, but ONE song that length? Not for me! Nor do I think our audience would stay put for a song that long.
it is a classic though and would definitely be at the top of "If I wanted to sequence a 15+ minute song then what would it be" list.

MikeH wrote:

garyfunk wrote:

IN-A-GADDA-DA-VIDA
Unless you are talking about the Bart Simpson version in which Gary would be correct (episode where he replaces (with modified lyrics) the normal church tune with his version of this).

testraub wrote:

It gets my vote for #1 too! Now it may not be appropriate for a Public Display, but now I have JUST GOT TO SEQUENCE this for MY OWN AMUSEMENT and CLOSE FRIENDS!:D That is INSIDE or (if I had one) BACKYARD USE ONLY!

That song is HILARIOUS! Although inappropriate for our Public consumption!

And I really think this comes a close 2nd:

Frosty the Pervert:shock:

Here's a good 'un by Rodney Carrington:

And another good(bad?) one:

Santa was Stoned at Christmas by Kevin Bloody Wilson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5xQV0tKuc8&feature=related

And another by Kevin Bloody Wilson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLPzytr56-c&feature=related (sick!):shock:

And yet another one by Kevin Bloody Wilson:(this guy is something else!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEe55NxFSSU&feature=related

Hope you enjoy these NON Display useable songs!:cool::D:P

Jeff Millard wrote:

...South Park's Mr. Garrison singing Merry F_____g Christmas...

That would be bad...

Jeff

I will be putting together a quick sequence on this song this summer. I will be testing the lights to it in begining of Nov.....this is my cousin's favorite song....and her and her husband are my child's godparents......

rmjohn99 wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
...South Park's Mr. Garrison singing Merry F_____g Christmas...

That would be bad...

Jeff

I did that three years ago. Once! I thought it was funny and did a (very) quick sequence for it. My wife said "No way". So one night, middle of the week, we ran it one time, at 11:30 or so. Just us and our neighbors across the street. Beer, Christmas lights, swearing, and friends. Could it get any better?

We thought it was very funny but I wouldn't do it for the public show. I suppose there could be FCC issues as well if someone heard it and filed a complaint, although I could be wrong about that.

any chance you still have the sequence? would save me a lot of time if I could modify one for my cousin....

This is a family forum so I'm not putting any direct links but the worst possible song for a display would have to come from Dr Dirty - John Valby.

And Yes, he does have Christmas Albums

Dale W wrote:

Not Christmas songs, but bad to sequence nonetheless in no particular order:

dead puppies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O79EN3z6IpU

DOA by Bloodrock

Fish Heads

I've been seeking that one song for a LONG TIME now, DOA by Bloodrock, couldn't remember the group name and every time I tried a search of DOA I'd get everything but the song I was looking for!

Not Christmas, but I still think DOA may be a good one for Halloween, at least it doesn't have vulgar language like the others posted here! (Maybe we should post a warning with these links: "WARNING DON'T VIEW OR LISTEN WITH CHILDREN PRESENT!")

I have the other two songs already, Dead Puppies and Fish Heads, but had been looking for DOA to add to my collection of twisted and sick humor songs for years!

So thank you for posting that particular link! Still thinking of doing DOA for Halloween because I don't see it being as bad as a lot of others I've heard! Plus I don't like airplanes or flying! I'll drive or take a train if you don't mind!

BTW: I sure don't recall that song being over 8 minutes long on the radio when I first heard it back in the 60's!:shock:

Is there another version of this song?

After listening to it, it just doesn't sound like the DOA I remember listening to in the '60's. The one I heard actually sang the letters that they arrived D.O.A and even stated they were Dead On Arrival, I also don't recall the song I heard mentioning flying, but driving, having an accident, ambulances, police, and fire arriving and arriving DOAl That's the one I'm looking for and it was very, very eerie and creepy sounding.

Is there another version of this song? No.

DOA was on Bloodrock II. It did come in at 8 minutes, which meant that it got more airplay than usual so that DJ's could take smoke/bathroom breaks.

As to driving/flying, that has been subject to interpretation of the listener. But the song clearly(?) states, in my opinion, that they were flying low.

DOA is to emo and depressing to ever program and put on a low range radio.

Dale W wrote:

DOA was on Bloodrock II. It did come in at 8 minutes, which meant that it got more airplay than usual so that DJ's could take smoke/bathroom breaks.

As to driving/flying, that has been subject to interpretation of the listener. But the song clearly(?) states, in my opinion, that they were flying low.

I won't argue that, was one of my favorite tunes when it came out but wouldn't exactly call it uplifting or spiritual!! lol

O Fortuna by Carmina Burana. I did this song the first year I used LOR. Thought it would be a great Christmas Song. Instead, it sounded like "Death Would Become You...Sung by Blowmold Santa Clauses and Snowmen"! I noticed the visitors didn't seem to enjoy it either.

Never used it again...although I have considered it for my Halloween display.

Dale W wrote:

Guess I just don't remember the song as I thought it was.

As to Flying Low, I learned a new thing about that just the other day from a medic, what that means is during those times when the speed limits were set at 55 mph, flying low was referrenced as speeding at over 100+ mph:shock: during those times, hence the term "Flying Low", was coined for speeding, because at those speeds you were considered "Flying"!

Now who all learned something they didn't know? :)