Light-O-Rama Forums

Fun and Giggles: What is the WORST song for use in any Display?

Guest guest

After seeing all the different songs we do and try to do, even some a lot of us haven't heard before or even knew of, so I just had to bring this one up:

What is the VERY WORST SONG that you think shouldn't ever be used in a display?

And why do you consider it the VERY WORST SONG?

I'm just curious to see what songs folks will pick out as the very worst and what makes them so.

Have at it everyone.....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• caniac

• Steven

• Ryan Johnson

• Jim Saul

Well here's one I think would definitely be a no-brainer NOT to use in your display:

Although this is Hilarious, I wouldn't dare put it in my display!

Peter Griffin (Family Guy) sings the "Freaking FCC" song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NDPT0Ph5rA

Why? Because I think the folks at the FCC would definitely hunt you down and BLOW your FM Transmitter up, not to mention give you a hefty fine or maybe even haul you off!:shock:

And because I was *always* told the FCC folks have absolutely NO SENSE of HUMOR!:P

No Offense to our friends here that work for or do work with the FCC!

Don't know about Christmas display BUT my bro in law had the band play "another one bites the dust" for his sisters and my wedding (it was her second marriage)!! That went over about as well as you could imagine.

caniac wrote:

Don't know about Christmas display BUT my bro in law had the band play "another one bites the dust" for his sisters and my wedding (it was her second marriage)!! That went over about as well as you could imagine.

I'm talking about ANY display for any occasion!

Another One Bites The Dust, I love that song, but for a wedding?!? NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!

Actually I think I like Weird Al's version a wee bit better, "Another One Rides The Bus!" Reminded me of when I had to use the public bus service. This song is so close to truth it's actually scary! ROFL

Orville wrote:

caniac wrote:

I'm talking about ANY display for any occasion!

Another One Bites The Dust, I love that song, but for a wedding?!? NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!

Actually I think I like Weird Al's version a wee bit better, "Another One Rides The Bus!" Reminded me of when I had to use the public bus service. This song is so close to truth it's actually scary! ROFL

or his song "White and Nerdy"

Jeff Millard wrote:

...South Park's Mr. Garrison singing Merry F_____g Christmas...

That would be bad...

Jeff
not really, just not suitable for children. not something i would want my grandson to sing though he did get a trip to the bathroom at a hockey game. they were sitting in the cheap seats where obscenities fly like crazy and then out of a four year old mouth "shoot the f______g puck, damn it".

Jeff Millard wrote:

That would be bad...

Jeff

I did that three years ago. Once! I thought it was funny and did a (very) quick sequence for it. My wife said "No way". So one night, middle of the week, we ran it one time, at 11:30 or so. Just us and our neighbors across the street. Beer, Christmas lights, swearing, and friends. Could it get any better?

We thought it was very funny but I wouldn't do it for the public show. I suppose there could be FCC issues as well if someone heard it and filed a complaint, although I could be wrong about that.

rmjohn99 wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:

That would be bad...

Jeff

I did that three years ago. Once! I thought it was funny and did a (very) quick sequence for it. My wife said "No way". So one night, middle of the week, we ran it one time, at 11:30 or so. Just us and our neighbors across the street. Beer, Christmas lights, swearing, and friends. Could it get any better?

We thought it was very funny but I wouldn't do it for the public show. I suppose there could be FCC issues as well if someone heard it and filed a complaint, although I could be wrong about that.
ok, i gotta ask, how did you do your "candy canes" and your arch/gateway/etc.

One of my favorite Christmas albums, "Dr. Demento Presents: Greatest Christmas Novelty CD"

Also has what I consider as one of the worst Christmas songs ever, "I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus".

caniac wrote:

You mean how did I sequence them for the song or how did I make them?

rmjohn99 wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:

That would be bad...

Jeff

Anything with the words the FCC has banned from TV and Radio, such as the "F..k" word will get you into a lot of hot water with the FCC, even more so if you're using an FM transmitter for broadcasting.

However, I am very surprised at some of the words NOW USED on TV and Radio that were once banned AND still should be! Like "G..dd...n", "B...ch","a..h..e" and a few others that young children should not be hearing!!!

rmjohn99 wrote:

caniac wrote:

how did you make them? how are they anchored in the ground?

caniac wrote:

rmjohn99 wrote:
caniac wrote:

how did you make them? how are they anchored in the ground?

Don't want to derail the thread. I'll shoot you a PM.

evan.a wrote:

stoevl dance,

I started it about 3 years ago. wife shot it down. I did it just to make fun of my neighbors. "Just stick to Christmas song." I was told!!!

If I was going to do that song I want these guys and come do it LIVE in my front yard! They are PERFECTLY DRESSED for a Christmas Hoedown of the song! (Or in my case currently) the apartment parking lot/sidewalk area in front of my unit!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCkHVOWW6C4&feature=related

Sure sounds like a redneck trailer trash song and I've got quite a few of those in my collection of music too. 'cuz they are just sooooo funny! Even thought about using one or two of them myself.

Some of the ones in my collection are:

12 Redneck Days of Christmas

12 Days of A Redneck Christmas

Yeehaw Ho Ho Ho

Deck the Doublewide

Egg Nog Boogie

Frosty the Pervert (can't do this one in a public display!)

Parking Spaces

Police Stop My Car

Grandpa Got Ran Over By a Beer Truck

Bad Little Boy (Ray Stevens)

Grandpa Got Run Over By a John Deere

Grandma's Killer Fruitcake (Ray Stevens)

Leroy, The Redneck Reindeer

Halloween:

Sitting Up With the Dead (Ray Stevens)

garyfunk wrote:

I am thinking "In The Garden of Eden" by Iron Butterfly.
you have a good one though that is my all time favorite rock and roll song. 17 minutes long so for those using incandescent in their display they might be replacing some mid song!! lol