Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar Sequence Editor

LightORamaDan

jimswinder wrote:

I was actually going to purchase the Super Starlights Software for the CCB's
Will the SSS be available for S2 by the time the CCB's are being sold?

I was counting on that software to sequence my CCB's this year...

Why were you going to purchase S. S. S. for sequencing the C. C. Bulbs ?

I have never seen any mention that S. S. S. would support C. C. Bulbs, though it may, had never seen it stated on Brian's website

It was written to assist with programming the C. C. Ribbons

Not to say that maybe it (or something else) will be modified to support the bulbs at some time in the future, but in it's present form it was designed for the Ribbons

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• -klb-

• LightORamaDan

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that as it sits now, it would do the strings of 50 with zero issues. There would probably need to be some minor modifications to use strings of 100 as two parallel strands in a half mega tree application.

After all, CCR and CCB are so similar that they share a manual, that barely differentiates between the two.

KLB,

I agree that now after the announcement that with the SSS wizard being an official part of the LOR software, that the expectation of the wizard supporting the CCB's would be a given.

My point was, that prior to the announcement, I would not have purchased a third party software package and expected it to support a product that the author of the software did not mention support for, nor had it been tested with.

Just my opinion.

JBullard wrote:

KLB,

I agree that now after the announcement that with the SSS wizard being an official part of the LOR software, that the expectation of the wizard supporting the CCB's would be a given.

My point was, that prior to the announcement, I would not have purchased a third party software package and expected it to support a product that the author of the software did not mention support for, nor had it been tested with.

Just my opinion.

I'm probably wrong, but I thought Brian mentioned sometime back somewhere that he was working on having his software be able to do CCB's as it would not be that big of a change...

jimswinder wrote:

JBullard wrote:
KLB,

Just my opinion.

I'm probably wrong, but I thought Brian mentioned sometime back somewhere that he was working on having his software be able to do CCB's as it would not be that big of a change...

It's possible that if he stated that, I missed it. I had just never seen it stated on Brian's website that his software officially supported the CCBs, so I would not have made made a purchase decision based on a casual "maybe future change" type statement.

(Been there, done that in the past, with other software packages that "maybe working" support for some feature would be added in the future. Spent two years as a beta tester for a home automation software company that kept promising features that they never could get to work. While I was helping beta test it, they started selling the product as a released version promising the buyers that they would get it fixed. They never did, and went out of business. lol)

So unless I have seen a software package do it, I no longer have any interest in a furture maybe.

Not dissing Brian at all, far from it, his support for the CCR was top notch.

Of course, this is all a moot point now after the annoucement, and I send kudos out to both Dan and Brian and look forward to the new wizard being part of the official LOR software suite.

JBullard wrote:

So unless I have seen a software package do it, I no longer have any interest in a furture maybe

Obviously, I had complete faith in Brian that he would have done it... :D

That's great!

I'm sure he could have also, but would not have based a purchase decison on a "maybe". Just call me "burned too many times in the past" and too old to keep making the same mistake anymore.

I actually have funding for a copy of SSS my city lighting project budget for use with CCB. I figured worst case, writing something to rework the output from it would still be easier than starting from something else that was further away..

Actually, I still fear that the way I plan to lay out one element is not going to play well with S3, and that I will still wind up needing to massage the data that it generates.

As for staring points further away, One example would be the small remaining temptation to look at .matrix and rework it to write LOR channels, instead of sending DMX real time.

I was wondering when this would happen. I figured when it first came out I thought this would be a great addition to the LOR software.