Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar Sequence Editor

LightORamaDan

I liked Dan's post in a visualizer thread a week or two ago when he said something about the beta going out this month. If that's an S3 release I say bring it on!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• -klb-

• LightORamaDan

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wbottomley

jimswinder wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:

Whoa.....

Where did "S3" come from?

I haven't seen anything indicating that "S3" was on the horizon.

Perhaps you should "read the posts"..  :P

Yea..I thought Dan recently posted that it would be going to you, the Beta Testers and it would include the new visualizer...

or did I assume something again?

EDIT:

Here it is:

Also as far as lots of posts... We are busy here at LOR getting the new S3 Software and Hardware ready for this year. ;)

Dan

All I'm aware of is version 2.10.

But, things have change much lately in the LOR world.

ADD: Now I'm getting all excited for the release. I don't read much this time of the year to prevent burn-out when the season nears.

Mountainwxman wrote:

Whoa.....

If you had read the link provided above, Dan himself in that link states (copied from the thread at the link posted): (I bolded the part about S3 so it would stand out).

"but I believe that incorporation of SuperStar, a new visualizer, new communications options, optimizations for larger sequences, sequence shortcuts that help with large and small displays and a number of other items is making this year’s release of S3 an exciting one."

As you can see, THERE certainly is an S3 on the horizon that should be coming sometime this year(2011).

p.s. sorry about stating what's already been said, but I'm "piggybacking" on a slow unsecured wireless network from my apartment, hey at least it gets me online, but, anyway, I don't always see all posts sometimes until after I've posted and then find it's been answered several times already. Apologies to all for answering what's already been stated, or should I say "overstated"?:P

But no matter, will be looking forward to the new S3 software when it arrives!;)

Also be glad when one of my employment prospects comes through so I can get my own internet service instead of "hijacking" any unsecured one I can tap into!

George Simmons wrote:

I liked Dan's post in a visualizer thread a week or two ago when he said something about the beta going out this month. If that's an S3 release I say bring it on!

Dan Said This:

As far as progress... Yes it is moving along well. My "guess" is that it will be in beta this month.

Edit:

Quote from above: "Why wait..I'm sure whatever we do now will be compatible with the new visualizer or else it would have rolled out already"

Yes, any sequencing you do will be compatible.

Also a concern from above.. The new visualizer does not necessarily make it easier to sequence. It is an enhanced visualizer but it is only a visualizer.

Dan

and it was in this thread:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/26018.html

Guest wbottomley

Orville wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Whoa.....

If you had read the link provided above, Dan himself in that link states (copied from the thread at the link posted): (I bolded the part about S3 so it would stand out).

"but I believe that incorporation of SuperStar, a new visualizer, new communications options, optimizations for larger sequences, sequence shortcuts that help with large and small displays and a number of other items is making this year’s release of S3 an exciting one."

As you can see, THERE certainly is an S3 on the horizon that should be coming sometime this year(2011).

Really?

Damn, I guess I wonder who posted this thread ( http://www.christmascarolina.com/forums/showthread.php/1816-Light-O-Rama-Acquires-SuperStar-Sequence-Editor ) 10 minutes after Dan release the information?

I'm not that blind or stupid. I love playing games. :P

Mountainwxman wrote:

Really?

Damn, I guess I wonder who posted this thread ( http://www.christmascarolina.com/forums/showthread.php/1816-Light-O-Rama-Acquires-SuperStar-Sequence-Editor ) 10 minutes after Dan release the information?

I'm not that blind or stupid. I love playing games. ;)

hmmm..looks like your original "Whoa" post was at 4:10..

but the Planet Christmas Post was at 4:57...

so which is it? blind or stupid? :P

EDIT:

Different time zones in the forums, huh??

okay...I'm the blind and stupid one!! :cool:

Guest wbottomley

jimswinder wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Really?

so which is it?  blind or stupid?  :P

You might want to go look at that time again. It was posted at 3:57pm and my whoa thread was 7:10pm.

So... I'm not getting the time thing. ;)

ADD: Planet Christmas post? You think I'd share good information there? Absolutely not. :D

Mountainwxman wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Mountainwxman wrote:
Really?

so which is it? blind or stupid? :P

You might want to go look at that time again. It was posted at 3:57pm and my whoa thread was 7:10pm.

check my edit...

I am seeing the times differently...must be Time Zones

Mountainwxman wrote:

LOL Jim.

Well... at least it boosted our post count. :P

yeah just what I need..more chastising for that!!! :dude:

They have been promising a new visualizer since spring last year, now they have to add the SuperStar wizard, so were not going to see this stuff until its too late to use it for the 2011 season:(

kzaas wrote:

They have been promising a new visualizer since spring last year, now they have to add the SuperStar wizard, so were not going to see this stuff until its too late to use it for the 2011 season:(

Well, it's all relative, really. Dan has stated/pointed out that the visualizer is simply that, a visualizer. It's not going to do anything to help you sequence better. The only thing that it will do is make your visualizer work (we hope) better.

If anyone is waiting on the new software in hopes that the new visualizer will help improve their sequencing ability ... well ... I got nothing there.

The SuperStar software has been available for the better part of a year (if not longer). If one really wanted it, they could have already owned it and be using it today.

(And, there are those that would argue that it's already too late for 2011. I don't agree with them, but everyone has their opinion.)

I disagree, the visualizer can improve sequencing by giving you a better picture of what you are doing. If all you do is put a couple of dots here and there to see lights turn on and off, that won't work for me. I try to fully detail my visualizer, first with a background picture and then I try and layout the lights the way I do when the season comes up.

The one thing I do agree with is, it's diffinatly not too late right now. I usually sequence up through December 1st.

kzaas wrote:

I disagree, the visualizer can improve sequencing by giving you a better picture of what you are doing.

Ditto that kzaas. The new visualizer will support macros. It was hard to know if the macro effect worked without it being hooked up all the time. Speaking of that. It seems superstar Brian has his tree up all the time to test his software.

kzaas wrote:

Also, for those of us adding many elements to our displays, or changing them entirely, it sounds like it will be easier to re-create our displaay in the new visualizer...so that's why I am waiting...

but not TOO much longer!!! :?

Mountainwxman wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

so which is it? blind or stupid? :D

ADD: Planet Christmas post? You think I'd share good information there? Absolutely not. :D

Here is the time I see on your "Whoa" post: Posted: Thu Mar 10th, 2011 19:10

So I see it as being posted as of 7:10pm (for those not familiar with 24 hour military time styles 19:10 = 7:10pm). That was copied directtly from your posts header here on the LOR Forums. So you're correct, it was posted at 7:10pm originally. And I'm in Florida, see you're in North Carolina, not sure if we have different time zones between us or not.

Now I do know that Florida does have two time zones that are 1 hour apart from each other, but only for one part of the time change/year, the other part (and I can never remember when or which), we're on the same time. Now talk about "screwy!" :shock::P:D

Wonder if each time zone area does see this differently? May be Dan or Bob can answer that one better since they're the ones that set the forums up.

kzaas wrote:

I disagree, the visualizer can improve sequencing by giving you a better picture of what you are doing. If all you do is put a couple of dots here and there to see lights turn on and off, that won't work for me. I try to fully detail my visualizer, first with a background picture and then I try and layout the lights the way I do when the season comes up.

The one thing I do agree with is, it's diffinatly not too late right now. I usually sequence up through December 1st.

I agree and in my 2010 Display I was still "tweaking" and "sequencing" all the way up through December 21! So I don't think it's ever too late to add anything new to the software. It may be for many folks that have massive displays, but for us with the smaller ones, like from 16 to 80 channels or so, I just don't think it would be too late for us. larger displays, very possibly since that would require a lot of work to redo or move everything around. I could be wrong on that, only those folks with those humongous displays know for sure. :D

My standard is that if it doesn't get two weeks testing on my Halloween show, it doesn't get used on the city show...

One of these years, I'll have to build up a bigger halloween show...

LightORamaDan wrote:

However the only place to get the software is when it is released in S2 or if you have already purchased it. It will no longer be for sale directly from SuperStarLights.

I was actually going to purchase the Super Starlights Software for the CCB's I was going to purchase...

Will the SSS be available for S2 by the time the CCB's are being sold?

I was counting on that software to sequence my CCB's this year...