• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• doug petschke

• wallleyes

• rgardner518

• Jim Saul

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Jason Burge wrote:

MITS = Magic In the Sky , a new led lighting vendor.

http://www.magicinthesky.com

I just check the website. It talks about fireworks, not LED's
Sorry its http://www.magicinthesky.com/lighting

I do not really know much about them other than they are new this year. Obviously started as a fireworks vendor and trying to expand

• 2 weeks later...

i didnt see prices ...

I think I might have seen him post the prices in another thread but i can't remember what they were. must not have been too impressed or i would have lol kinda hard to sell something when you dont have the prices advertised.

I havent heard anyone boast them up

I actually had a friend calculate it out. The cost per strand of new leds vs cost per strand for incandescents vs cost of electricity consumption. in the end over a 5 year span 10,000 lights the incandescents were still the cheaper route over the 10 year span the leds won you factor in buying the incandescents on sale vs leds and basically they are about even @ 8 years old if they last that long...

doug petschke wrote:

i didnt see prices ...

I think I might have seen him post the prices in another thread but i can't remember what they were. must not have been too impressed or i would have lol kinda hard to sell something when you dont have the prices advertised.

I havent heard anyone boast them up

I actually had a friend calculate it out. The cost per strand of new leds vs cost per strand for incandescents vs cost of electricity consumption. in the end over a 5 year span 10,000 lights the incandescents were still the cheaper route over the 10 year span the leds won you factor in buying the incandescents on sale vs leds and basically they are about even @ 8 years old if they last that long...

Although the electricity cost savings is a big issue, for me the bigger issue is being able to put more lights on the same controller and more controllers on the same circuit. It gets expensive having to add more circuits outside every time I add to the display. LEDs make it much more manageable.