Light-O-Rama Forums

Still on display?

Scott T

Has anyone been able to remove any of their display up north?

I ran until Jan 3. Jan 1st and 2nd was my only chance. Now we are buried.

More wear and tare that I would prefer. :X

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• doug petschke

• wallleyes

• rgardner518

• Jim Saul

Mine is still right where I put it in October and November - and now buried and also encrusted in ice. :X

I was originally thinking I could bring some in when we had our "January thaw", but it was only for one day this year and I was busy elsewhere that day. Looks like it will be April or even early May before I can get everything in. I expect the arches to have some heavy damage and also the minitrees which are buried to within 4 inches of the tops.

I ran the lights till Jan 6 th. I am buried. The good news is I just got a flip camera and will be lighting up again trying to get some videos shot = just as soon as the snow melts off the roof. The neighbors all ready know I'm nuts!!!!!

Steve

Hey Scott

played in the rain New Years day and got all mine down

used 98% dmx for 2010 --- easier to put up and way easier to dis-assemble

Frank A.:)

George Simmons wrote:

Mine is still right where I put it in October and November - and now buried and also encrusted in ice.  :X

I was originally thinking I could bring some in when we had our "January thaw", but it was only for one day this year and I was busy elsewhere that day.  Looks like it will be April or even early May before I can get everything in.  I expect the arches to have some heavy damage and also the minitrees which are buried to within 4 inches of the tops.

Same here in CT

I have about 90% taken down.Sequencing songs for this year already :) Will be going up to 320 channels and more lights.Bought 17,500 led lights.

I dug out most of my obvious stuff the first week or two of January. It was a ton of work but I didn't want to force people to look at large Merry Christmas signs or other obnoxious items until March or later :) Plus, bunnies and UV rays have a way of wrecking things... There's still a ton of stuff out there yet though, and I don't really plan on touching anything until the snow is mostly gone...

Guest Don Gillespie

I am in the same boat as everyone else I got some stuff put away just before I left for Florida however the bulk of the display will wait untill the snow is gone or untill my wife nags me enough to take it down. :)

Tim Fischer wrote:

I dug out most of my obvious stuff the first week or two of January. It was a ton of work but I didn't want to force people to look at large Merry Christmas signs or other obnoxious items until March or later :) Plus, bunnies and UV rays have a way of wrecking things... There's still a ton of stuff out there yet though, and I don't really plan on touching anything until the snow is mostly gone...

I bought a small live trap and caught and displaced all my bunnies :) 5 of them and i only though there was 2 of them in my back yard.6 squirrels have been displaced as well.

I ran to Jan 9th and every thing is burred under ice and snow, every thing has been under snow since DEC 27th. I think until the year the latest any of the display was up was Jan 20th. With the way we keep getting snow I have no idea when I will be able to take the things in.

Only problem I had was running out of sun screen.
greetings from sunny Florida.

Lee

Ps. Sorry, couldn't resist. Was not born in the south, but got here as fast as I could, former Cleveland boy.

wallleyes wrote:

Tim Fischer wrote:

I bought a small live trap and caught and displaced all my bunnies :) 5 of them and i only though there was 2 of them in my back yard.6 squirrels have been displaced as well.

You're welcome to come and get mine as well :) We have an over-abundance of them that live under my shed, among other places. They chew up my display during that season, and my garden and flowers during the warm season. Last year I bought $100 worth of garden fencing and they chewed holes threw it. Metal fencing! AARGH! Parts of my yard look like bunny superhighways with their tracks in the snow. And the dog goes bonkers trying to sniff them out...

A couple of years ago I had to cut out and replace a portion of the shed floor. I was afraid I'd tear it up and happen right upon the master nest, but fortunately it was just dirt at that point... (As a total aside, I did eventually locate the source of the mouse nest in the shed, but not when I cleaned the shed. It was INSIDE my snowblower, which is stored in the shed during the summer but my garage in the winter. I took it apart last month to do some routine maintenance and the whole darned innards were stuffed with grass and mouse fluff, totally soaked it melted snow. Barf....)

Same here in western PA. Got the controllers in right after new year so they wouldn't walk away but everything else in still in place. March will be here soon.

[glow=yellow]GO STEELERS!!![/glow]

You bunch of slackers :X I have everything put away, and have started building stuff for next year. Of course the DC Metro area got off light this year :D 45* here today and light winds. Of course coming here from Hawaii (with a side trip to New Hampshire) it odd saying the 40's feel "warm" :shock:.

Tom Straub

my stuff is still up too for a couple reasons. everything is frozen and i am working on garage storage area. one of tose items that indirectly effected by christmas lights

Thanks for the compliment! :D

LOL Tom

testraub wrote:

You bunch of slackers :X I have everything put away, and have started building stuff for next year. Of course the DC Metro area got off light this year :D 45* here today and light winds. Of course coming here from Hawaii (with a side trip to New Hampshire) it odd saying the 40's feel "warm" :shock:.

Tom Straub

Everything above the first floor is still on the house. It's too dangerous to attempt to remove it until my front porch roof thaws out. I also need a chance to place a ladder on solid ground (that's not ice).

I may have to sequence some Easter songs!

I'm happy to say that all my stuff is down, cleaned and neatly packed away. I took advantage of some nice weather we had for a few days at the beginning of the year.