• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sparky22

• Surfing4Dough

• RaceMedic

• Terry Hurrle

If you find a place ... PLEASE share !! :)

I ordered mine from the USA and lucky enough to have friends in Buffalo who I ship and then do a road trip for lunch.

Dave

sparky22 wrote:

Were did you find it in the USA?

I can get SPT 1 Wire 500ft for $36.00 at a local Hardware store here in town.
But not sure if that will be okay.

That is a good price for 500ft (in US dollars, not sure of the current exchange rate). Might be hard to beat, especially due to shipping.

sparky22 wrote:

Is SMT 1 okay?

I don't know about SMT1, but SPT1 is definitely OK. :) That is what I use, like many others. The insulation on the SPT2 is slightly thicker. For seasonal use, either is fine, since electrically they are the same. If was going to be outside year round, maybe would want thicker insulation.

SPT1 insulation thickness .030
20 Awg= 2 amps Max
18 Awg= 10 amps Max

SPT2 insulation thickness .045
18 Awg=10 amps Max
16 Awg=13 amps Max

SPT3 insulation thickness .060
18 Awg=10 amps Max
16 Awg= 13 amps Max

http://www.planetchristmas.com/WireSize.htm

sparky22 wrote:

Hi, Anyone no were to buy SMT electrical wire rolls?

I live in Ontario Would buy it off the internet but would be nice if there was a place I could order it form here in Ontario.

Thanks
Brad

ChristmasLightShow.Com
They are in the US but will ship via USPS.
Even with shipping it was cheaper than anything I can find right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought 1250' with 30 male and 30 female ends from christmaslightshow.com shipped for $199. Of course this is in the states so I do not know how much it would be to you. This is the best price I could find. That is just under 16 cents a foot. They have extremely fast shipping also, which is a plus this close to the season. Good luck. I hope you get some soon.

You might want to check out Lowes. I just bought two 250 spools of SPT 1 for 18.82. They are clearancing them out. Action lighting has SPT 1 plugs 8.75 per bag of 12.

That is a good price I ordered 1000 feet and the best price I got for SPT2 was 8 cents a foot from skycraft. I was looking as HD and they wanted $36.00 for 250 feet.
Welcome to the world of insanity.

Terry Hurrle wrote:

That is a good price I ordered 1000 feet and the best price I got for SPT2 was 8 cents a foot from skycraft. I was looking as HD and they wanted $36.00 for 250 feet.
Welcome to the world of insanity.

Do you have a link for that SPT2? I can't find it on their site

Ok, so talk about a newbie moment.. finally adding up the extension cord lengths, thinking of rolling my own with SPT-1/2 all the way, and seeing an excess of 3K feet...a little more than I expected, but when you consider 3 runs per mini-tree or similar, it adds up. And that's with some generous "extra" added in to the estimating process. Realistically, I think I am closer to 2500 or so.

Anyway, as I look at multiple sources for SPT, I wrestle with how important it is for me to have green SPT..a lot of my runs will be nestled in with my landscaping, so thinking white stands out way too much, black may be acceptable, and green obviously makes the most sense.

And would the vendors with the best prices offer those best prices on green SPT? Of course not..;)

I've got the luxury of Skycraft being easily within driving distance, which would eliminate the shipping cost, but all they show available is white....

So am I being too anal about the color? Has anyone went the path of not going with green and realized they should have, even if a little more expensive per foot?

When I ordered they had white and gray. it may show in the daytime if not covered in snow here but at night it is dark and who is going to see it. I don't worry about the day time cosmetics because people are not looking at my show then.