Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobe Lights

jfrisina04

my question is about stobes on some of these displays, are you using single or are they part of a multiple line on 1 set

thanks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KenL_MCSE

• Surfing4Dough

• Aproct

• TJ Hvasta

Not sure I really understand your question, but in general, most of us use C9 strobes on a stringer with C9 sockets. You can screw in as many strobes as you want or that you have sockets for.

Whats shown above is a 25ft SPT2. Its what I am using this year as a newbie. You just snap the sockets in place. I think most people use 5 sockets per 25 ft. Was a piece of cake and they are spread out nicely!

KenL_MCSE wrote:

5 per channel? why so few?

(assume you are being sarcastic, but if not, or for other newbies, I will describe my setup. :P)

I went with the CLS 25ft stringer "package" last year too for strobes (first year) since it was a one-stop shop. I thought 5' spacing seemed fine at first, but realized for inside a mega-tree that I ended up doing a lot of overlapping. 3-4' feet would have probably been better for inside a mega. Either way, I connected multiple sets of these 25ft stringers to each other, so for my display it was 15 strobes per channel. Even then I think it was only a couple amps so could have added quite a few more on that one channel.

sarcastic - yes LOL

BUT you bring up a great point - and that would be AMPS!

Neither Daryl or Action Lighting specify how many amps their strobes draw...

Guest wbottomley

KenL_MCSE wrote:

sarcastic - yes LOL

Last year, I had 125 strobes divided on two channels.

KenL_MCSE wrote:

sarcastic - yes LOL

I recently put 10 CLS strobes on a string and connected the Kill-o-Watt meter. The highest current draw observed during a 2 minute period was less then 3/4 of an amp.

No need to waste sockets on a stringer and only use 5 at a time, current draw is next to nothing. Load those strings up, as William just posted like he does.

KenL_MCSE wrote:

sarcastic - yes LOL

CDI strobes are,
1 watt for LED c-7 and c-9
6 watts for Incandescent

Probably so - more importantly your wife told me I could borrow that big tree of yours. Does it come with strobes before I get more or am I using the ones she is lending me. :D

LOL

The lights might be the easy part - that winch set up took some ingenuity

dude, since we are in summer lets talk summer for a sec...

My creepy crawler pool vacuum got stuck in one spot which tore a 3" gash in my pool liner. I lost a lot of water before I figured out where the leak was...

Ok back to Christmas now...

Please don't give that much credit on the winch setup.....okay I accept......

Summer, hell i can't stop algae in my pool. Rain keeps throwing off the pH level and the sun just keeps heating up the pool....Last night the pool was reading 95 degrees! at night!:shock:

That was last year's problem. I found an article about how long to run your pump in this heat - mine now runs 18 hours a day - no algae or ph problems this year

KenL_MCSE wrote:

That was last year's problem. I found an article about how long to run your pump in this heat - mine now runs 18 hours a day - no algae or ph problems this year

I've been running mine 24 hours a day, and haven't had an algae problem. I'll be happy to get to the blinky flashy season, though, so my power bill will go down. I think that pump costs me $75-$100 in power per month to run.