Light-O-Rama Forums

New Website and New forums

LightORamaDan

George Simmons wrote:

Jim - A little over a week ago Bob posted that it would be "soon".

I'm hoping that it's a bigger priority than the forum update - from what I've read the new stuff has some nice features and I'm anxious to start playing with it...

I think we have come to find out that "soon" is quite relative to LOR... :(

I don't want to "play" with it..I NEED to USE it!!! :P

Of course, it isn't LOR's fault for my lack of planning, huh? :shock:

But sheesh..I have been working every night and every weekend since January to be ready for Christmas!! :shock:

Guess that is the downfall for going from 48 channels to over 500...you guys told me to go sloooooow!!! But did I listen? Nooooooooo!! LOL

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• garyfunk

• rgardner518

• Tim Fischer

September 31st is getting close to the holidays.

It might be a better thought to roll out the new vBull format by the end of July/August at the very latest, to allow folks to get acclimated before the annual seasonal onslaught of new/old members occurs...

Just a thought...

Greg

None of my calenders have a Sept 31st on them. They all end with Sept 30

William and I have been joking on another forum that no one has noticed this yet

(yes, William posted Sept 31 as a joke, we are just surprised it hadn't been caught yet)

Sorry, William, I just had to say something.

Hi John:

I knew that, but I didn't want to be one of those that always corrects others, so I went along with the flow.:P

Either way folks caught my intent!

Greg

Greg,

I thought you of all people would have noticed! lol

And I know you are a classy guy and understand you not wanting to "correct" someone.

William was wondering Sunday afternoon on another forum if anyone would notice or not.

Rumor has it that the best LOR sale ever will be on February 30, 2011 - one day only!

Tim Fischer wrote:

Rumor has it that the best LOR sale ever will be on February 30, 2011 - one day only!

That was cute Tim:P

Tim Fischer wrote:

The NEW rumor is that the best sale well happen in a few weeks when LOR starts selling their new Sequencing Software!!!

Yippee!!!

Ok Dan, now that the sale is over can we get the changeover to the other Bullitin Board done so that the whining can begin, PLEASE!!!!

Guest wbottomley

JBullard wrote:

Sorry, William, I just had to say something.

LOL John!

I love to slip in and insert pun when I can. It makes it better when unnoticed.

• 5 months later...

LightORamaDan wrote:

We are setting up a new main website and new forums. All data from this forum will be presevered in the new one. We attempted to keep the new forum looking pretty much like this one to minimize any issues with the switch.

We are looking for some suggestions, corrections, and general feed back on the new website. The new website is: http://test.lightorama.com

You can get to the new forum via the forum link under support or you can go directly to it at: http://test.lightorama.com/forums/forum.php

Thanks
Dan

I see the new website has happened. But what happen to changing the forum? Its been 6 months now since the first comment can in about the change. When can we look forward to see this? Or has this idea been squashed?

I wish I knew to. There was wailing from some who felt unfairly treated by PC Chuck and did not want him involved with LOR. Others had different ideas on what to upgrade to. Not sure if it was those or technical challenges which delayed it.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

There was wailing from some who felt unfairly treated by PC Chuck and did not want him involved with LOR.

What did he Do?

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
We are setting up a new main website and new forums. All data from this forum will be presevered in the new one. We attempted to keep the new forum looking pretty much like this one to minimize any issues with the switch.

We are looking for some suggestions, corrections, and general feed back on the new website. The new website is: http://test.lightorama.com

You can get to the new forum via the forum link under support or you can go directly to it at: http://test.lightorama.com/forums/forum.php

Thanks
Dan

I see the new website has happened. But what happen to changing the forum? Its been 6 months now since the first comment can in about the change. When can we look forward to see this? Or has this idea been squashed?

It did not get squashed... We had it setup but decided to hold off on the change until this year.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:

Thanks
Dan

It did not get squashed... We had it setup but decided to hold off on the change until this year.

Dan

Oh, OK. Thanks, for the reply!

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Dan,

If you need any help, I will be gald to offer assitance. Web development and SQL are my life and I am a senior web developer for a very large .gov.

Jeff Millard wrote:

I was really hoping this whole thingy had shrivelled up, crawled under a rock and died a slow horrible death... But alas, change is inevitable!:):D Bring on the new year!

Jeff

It's not a bad thing. It should be more efficient code and a nicer UI. I hope Dan also upgrades the MySQL engine. If he isn’t keeping up with the update, both for bug and security enhancements, then someday there will be a problem. At my .gov job, I spend about two hours a week just reviewing security alerts from the vendors of the software on my servers.

Not all change is bad. Just, for example, consider how one feels when one gets a new bed.

You are looking at it all worng. The bed isn't too big, the room is too small. Time for a bigger house with a BIGGER yard for BIGGER lights.

Instead of looking for furniture, you should have been looking for land.

Alarm clock? Dang man, that's old school. I use my droid for an alarm. One would think if one had as many LOR units as you, that one would use LOR to wake one up.

Know what I mean, dude?