Light-O-Rama Forums

New Website and New forums

LightORamaDan

ErnieHorning wrote:

Personally I would rather the forum look more like the Grainger site so no one at work would know that I was wasting time looking at a Christmas site than doing what I’m supposed to be doing.

YES!!!!

Totally agree...except for the phrase "wasting time"... :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• garyfunk

• rgardner518

• Tim Fischer

ErnieHorning wrote:

Personally I would rather the forum look more like the Grainger site so no one at work would know that I was wasting time looking at a Christmas site than doing what I’m supposed to be doing.

Dido, on this too. Minus the "wasting time" too part.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

ErnieHorning wrote:

Dido, on this too. Minus the "wasting time" too part.

If you are at work, surfing LOR, you are actually wasting your companies time. :D

Paul Roberson wrote:

If you are at work, surfing LOR, you are actually wasting your companies time. :D

How can making me smile and making me a happy employee be "wasting time"??? :shock:

On the new website there's the same missing link that I've noticed. On the new website, if you select the, "Support" text link, not all of the drop-down items are there that are visible if you were to only mouse over, "Support". Example: If I wanted to go to the forum and I clicked on, "Support", there's no link to the forum on the next page.

Just thought of something...

Anyway to select ALL messages on a page with a single click (sorta like in Hotmail) when you want to delete messages in your Private Messages area?

jimswinder wrote:

Just thought of something...

Anyway to select ALL messages on a page with a single click (sorta like in Hotmail) when you want to delete messages in your Private Messages area?

In both WowBB and VBulletin, there is a box that you can use to select all messages. In the themes I'm using (wowbb and PC) both boxes happen to be at the very top, above the first message.

This box will select all messages on the page.

Excellent job with the new home page design. Removing the snapshots from the banner was a great idea. Like most people have implied and I have to agree, the darker blue color of the existing site is more professional looking. I'm no expert on web design but if you want an average person's view point maybe the design team can look at combining the pleasing characteristics of both site?

Dan......First off happy father’s day! And to everyone here!

Second, love the site and love the forums, I’m sure once people play around it will feel like home again, change isn’t always easy, but it’s what keeps us ahead of the rest.

lol, it’s like when my wife does the fall cleaning and she moves everything around and gets all new stuff for the house and I always have something to say to her and the changes she makes. Then after a day, I love all that she’s done and appreciate all the hard work she does to make this a better place for me to come home too. In part she does this for me! To keep it ...my house new feeling. I really love what she does.

Anyway, I’m impressed Dan, now go have a Sunday to yourself!

I’M ALL IN!

Ralph

One thing I would strongly urge you to do, if possible, is change the forum defaults so it shows all topic (or at least the last year) in the default forum view, instead of just recent. vBulletin can easily make it look like a forum has only a few topics if they haven't posted to recently, and it's not particularly intuitive to switch to "from Beginning" if you aren't already familiar with vBulletin.

As for the main website, the layout basically looks okay to me, although I would make the blue header somewhat less bright. I also think the six buttons in the main area aren't particularly intuitive as to what they are or where they take you. I actually think the current website (which I believe you only went to less than a year ago) is pretty good layout-wise. Keep up the good work.

I see there is an "Unwatch Topic" button...but is there a way to watch a topic (receive emails) without posting to the thread?

jimswinder wrote:

I see there is an "Unwatch Topic" button...but is there a way to watch a topic (receive emails) without posting to the thread?

Tim Fischer wrote:

I must be having another "senior moment"...

don't see "Thread Tools" anywhere...

EDIT:

Guess I am an idiot (no need to agree George!!) I see when I go into a thread I have NOT posted to, there is a button at the bottom "Watch Topic"...

jimswinder wrote:

Tim Fischer wrote:

I must be having another "senior moment"...

don't see "Thread Tools" anywhere...

EDIT:

Guess I am an idiot (no need to agree George!!) I see when I go into a thread I have NOT posted to, there is a button at the bottom "Watch Topic"...

And ... See attachment.

Attached files 204989=11406-thread_tools.jpg