Light-O-Rama Forums

Age Limit?

shfr26

GaryBo wrote:

The kid was perplexed, and called his shift manager over and showed it to him. The shift manager looked more perplexed than the kid.

I said, "Isn't this good for free coffee?" I almost had them convinced.

They were probably concerned you might be a little crazy and sue them when you spilled it all over yourself!!! :shock:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shfr26

• jimswinder

• Surfing4Dough

• George Simmons

GaryBo wrote:

I went to MacDonald's today to try and get a free coffee. Took my cert with me and ordered coffee. Handed the cert to the order taker. The kid was perplexed, and called his shift manager over and showed it to him. The shift manager looked more perplexed than the kid.

The shift manager kept rereading the cert and He finally said since there was no bar code, he couldn't accept the "coupon". (now just think, these people will eventually breed and vote!!)
Alas, had to settle for Senior coffee and pay 80 cents plus tax

Have fun! 4LOL.gif

Attached files 203242=11299-LOR oldest certificate_8x10

GaryBo wrote:

I went to MacDonald's today to try and get a free coffee. Took my cert with me and ordered coffee. Handed the cert to the order taker. The kid was perplexed, and called his shift manager over and showed it to him. The shift manager looked more perplexed than the kid.

The shift manager kept rereading the cert and He finally said since there was no bar code, he couldn't accept the "coupon". (now just think, these people will eventually breed and vote!!)
Alas, had to settle for Senior coffee and pay 80 cents plus tax
LOL, That is just too funny!!!!!:P

jimswinder wrote:

lol....ya got one for an Egg McMuffin??? LOL

Here is one for everybody. Just fill in your name.

Attached files 203245=11300-official user of LOR Egg mc

• 3 weeks later...

My Son just emailed this to me and I thought is was quite appropriate.

[align=CENTER]It never really bothered me to be called an "Old Fart" but this makes me feel better about it.[/align] [align=CENTER]And if you ain’t one, I bet ya you know one![/align] [align=CENTER]

[/align] [align=CENTER]

[/align] [align=CENTER]OLD FART PRIDE[/align] [align=CENTER] Actually, it's not a bad thing to be called an Old Fart, as you will see. [/align] [align=CENTER]Old Farts are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the National Anthem. Old Farts remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them. They are profoundly Patriotic.
Old Farts remember World War II, Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal , Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, the Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing. They remember the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam .
If you bump into an Old Fart on the sidewalk he will apologize. If you pass an Old Fart on the street, he will smile and reply “Hi. How are you doing?” Old Farts trust strangers and are courtly to women.[/align] [align=CENTER]Old Farts hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.[/align] [align=CENTER]Old Farts are quick to lend a hand, without being asked. They are happy to volunteer to help worthy organizations. They never shy away from donating to a just cause. They never let a man go hungry.

Old Farts don't like it if someone uses fowl language in front of women and children and they don't always approve of fowl language on TV or in movies.

Old Farts have morality, courage, and personal integrity. They believe in serving their country, but never brag about their service. When they do brag, it's about their children or grandchildren.

It's the Old Farts who know our great country is protected, not by politician's, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.

This country needs Old Farts with their belief in God, their work ethics, sense of responsibility, pride in their country and decent values.

We need them now more than ever.[/align] [align=CENTER]

I was taught to respect my elders.[/align] [align=CENTER]It's just getting harder to find them. [/align]

DITTO... Nice post Greg, not as old as you, but gettin there! Not that you are old.

shfr26 wrote:

Sorry Gary, have no idea why I typed Greg instead of Gary.

Years ago we called those things brain farts. But now, Pete, I think that's called a senior moment...

George Simmons wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Sorry Gary, have no idea why I typed Greg instead of Gary.

Years ago we called those things brain farts. But now, Pete, I think that's called a senior moment...

Thanks George, You always know the right thing to say. I still think it was a brain fart. And by the way Gary, did you get your coffee with the certificate with a bar code??

OK, I'll bite on this one,I'll be 45.....this Aug 22nd, some times feel like I'm 70 others feels like I'm 21 again, but I really don't feel 45 ;). But thanks for this post, I really needed a giggle this morning.

Ralph D wrote:

OK, I'll bite on this one,

Just make sure your teeth stay in place.

• 2 weeks later...