Light-O-Rama Forums

I need a Zara Radio Guru to consult

Bowshock

Is there a way to preset the volume? It seams like if you close out the program and come back into it and then have the tones turn it on, the volume goes all the way up.

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne K wrote:

Is there a way to preset the volume? It seams like if you close out the program and come back into it and then have the tones turn it on, the volume goes all the way up.

Thanks

Wayne

The volume is always maximum when you open Zara. You need to adjust the Windows volume for the PC sound card(s) and input to your desired level since Zara will default to maximum. I do not know a way to make the Zara volume "stick."

Papa-LF wrote:

michael.farney wrote:

* Manually press the satellite button.
* Schedule the satellite button to activate at any time prior to your tones.
* Add a satellite connection to your audio queue which will activate the satellite when that queue position is reached.

So just do anything to activate the satellite button and you will be good. Are you confused on how to activate the satellite without clicking the button manually?

Appreciate your patience - and I feel i know / can figure out the scheduling, although I have not been successful in doing so as well as failed the connection in my audio queue. Wonder what other issue i may have. But please feel free to enlighten my soul to your thoughts Michael. What is on your mind. BTW, am using a second audio card SB Live - bringing the satellite signal from the on-board output to the SB Live line input..

BTW, ever see any delay in the audio with this setup - i would hate to have my sound delayed to my LOR show - I have characters that speak and sing, and even a slight delay makes em look funny.

http://www.papasplace.us/video/2007HolidayLightSpectacularMQ.wmv

What problem are you having? I thought everything was working fine but you had to manually click the button to get it to work after disconnecting. You'll want to send pictures of either the queue setup or the schedule with the satellite connection so we can tell you where the error is. Those are the only two solutions i know other than clicking the button manually.

Or let us know exactly what part is breaking.

• 2 weeks later...

michael.farney wrote:

Bowshock wrote:
michael.farney wrote:
Michael R. Zlatic wrote:
The tutorial is video based; no PPT needed. You'll have the full miniplus presentation and then some. Give me 2 weeks or so...

Hey Michael...

What's the status of the tutorial?

Thanks for your hard work on this!

50% give or take. The said miniplus presentation (introduction to zara) is done. The final copy of that spun off the computer yesterday. The second video (zara integration to LOR) is taken but not edited. The third video (my setup with all the bells and whistles) is not started. The webpage also has a good start to the text portion. Kevin motored through all the files, so I have those too. I'll probably be close to wrapping up the video portion (30+ minutes) this weekend, and then integration into a web page will begin.

If you have seen any of the other videos on http://LORsequences.com, you'll see these things are very detailed. I'm reorganizing the so called "Sequencing 101" on LORsequences.com, and rebranding it into a new structure which doesn't limit to LOR (and thus supports this tutorial.) So this little project has breathed new life into that project which has been dead for over a year. I am hoping to add a few chapters this year, particularly on a couple subjects like this one that have taken interest lately.

At any rate, end of August is the target.

Your web site refers, to another web site to download Zara Radio. Yet at http://www.zarastudio.es/index.html/downloads/zrfree/en its a bad link. I have been trying to download it for months, and cannot find were to get it. Any ideas?

Richard Hamilton wrote:

DanCampbell wrote:
Is there a "safe" download of 1.6.2 anywhere? The exe is no longer on zarastudio.es at the link on the download page.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone here have lockup problems with Zara?

Folks, do be careful of downloading ZR from unknown sources. I ran into a couple that contained trojans and fortunately my antivirus program warned me.

Here is the URL to a safe version that I posted on my web. I use this version...
http://magiclightshow.com/bb/index.php?topic=110.0

Also, I have never had any problems with ZR

You have to log in? to download?

ok quick question? how do i get my bad weather annoucement to play like every 5 min or so? i have it set to play on the hour but is their another option? or do i need to just manually add it every few songs from the list?

joshua wrote:

ok quick question? how do i get my bad weather annoucement to play like every 5 min or so? i have it set to play on the hour but is their another option? or do i need to just manually add it every few songs from the list?

Either set it up to play the weather every hour 12 times (on hour, 5 after, 10 after, 15 after, 20 after, 25 after, etc.), or you can also place it directly in the queue.

I personally would just make 11 copies of the one hourly one you have, and just keep incrementing the time by 5 minutes. Set the maximum wait time to be 5 minutes on each one, and you'll have a weather announcement every 5 minutes.

Guest wbottomley

I'll continue on with this thread.

My ZR has been working great until today. Now the DTMF tones will not work. The only changes made to this pc were a new media drive added.

Everything is connected right with both sound cards but can't figure out to save my life what the heck is happening.

Rebooted the pc twice, toggled settings around in ZR and still nothing.

At this point, I will add an event to stop the show immediately at 5:59:02pm.

Thoughts....

Mountainwxman wrote:

My ZR has been working great until today. Now the DTMF tones will not work. The only changes made to this pc were a new media drive added.

Everything is connected right with both sound cards but can't figure out to save my life what the heck is happening.

Thoughts....

My thoughts is - William I never did figure out why my DTMF tones didn't work right. So i shut it down 15 seconds before my LOR show starts. I listen to it, and its pretty slick with its fade out and 10 or so seconds of silence - then BOOM Light Er Up! (Kind of like get-er-done, but for LOR users....)

William,
did you replaced or just the media drive and did you move any of your files to the new drive?
if you have replace your drive, is name & path the same names as old drive.

Mountainwxman wrote:

Thoughts....

Mountainwxman wrote:

Thoughts....

Can you hear the tones play? You double checked DTMF is still enabled? Your satellite button is pressed down? Check your ZR log. If ZR is detecting the tones, it will make an entry in the log. If there is no entry, then ZR is not "hearing" the tones, which means you have a setting problem.

Guest wbottomley

michael.farney wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:

Thoughts....

Can you hear the tones play? You double checked DTMF is still enabled? Your satellite button is pressed down? Check your ZR log. If ZR is detecting the tones, it will make an entry in the log. If there is no entry, then ZR is not "hearing" the tones, which means you have a setting problem.

I can hear the tones play... no settings have been changed at all. That's the part that puzzles me.

ZR does NOT make an entry in the log.

• 1 month later...

G'day All,

I've been reading this thread for the last few weeks and it has been very helpful. Thanks also to Michael for the tutorial, which was great.

Does anyone have a script, or application, that automatically updates a text file with lst of what songs have been played today and the time they were played?

I've got a test web page that updates / displays the current song playing every 30 seconds, through an iframe, and would like to do add something similar that displays a list of what has been played today.

Thanks in advance,

davidt, Australia