Light-O-Rama Forums

I need a Zara Radio Guru to consult

Bowshock

you can try this, create several songs that you want to run at the top of the hour. attach a time/temp sweeper to that song set that song to play at the top of the hour set it at a low priority with a maximium wait of say 5 minutes. Schedule these top of the hours songs at the appropriate time. At the top of the hour the schedule will wait for the exisiting file to finish playing and then run your scheduled song which contains a time and temp sweeper attached to it ( you can set a delay on the sweeper) when the sweeper runs it will drop the audio level of the song, play the sweeper and bring the level back to the normal level of that song. The song will play under the sweeper. While this may not play at the exact top of the hour it will be close.

greg

Anyone used any other program for temparture other than weather watcher? Since weather watcher is a purchase software now. What do I look for in other programs to make them work?

The older version was free and it works. I havn't tested mine yet this year but I thought I just unchecked the automatic version update feature.

jeffl wrote:

The older version was free and it works. I havn't tested mine yet this year but I thought I just unchecked the automatic version update feature.

Right, the free version is still out there and it what I use. Works just fine for this purpose.

Thanks guys!

I actually had the full version running last year until it timed out. I guess I thought I had searched for the free version last year and could not find it, and had put the full version on to get thru last season. I found the free version and have it working now.

Wayne

What am I doing wrong?...when I send DTMF tones to start Zara, it start the music or events MUTED. Then when I send the stop command it unmutes and you hear the song fade out.

Help!?!?

kzaas wrote:

What am I doing wrong?...when I send DTMF tones to start Zara, it start the music or events MUTED. Then when I send the stop command it unmutes and you hear the song fade out.

Help!?!?

Someone Please help me!

What is your configuration? Give us the physical set up as far as connectors going into sound cards, then the settings in Zara radio.

Here is the setup that I have working:

I have a good quality sound add in sound card, many of the on board cards do not work for this. I am only using that one card. I have seen others use two sound cards, but I got it working well with one add in sound card.

I have the output (stereo speaker) going to a splitter.

One side of the splitter goes to the FM radio transmitter, the other side of the splitter loops back into the Line In of the same sound card.

That was the simplest but most frustrating part. Basically looping back into the sound card. For some reason, no one explained it is that easy.

Then in Zara, just make sure your sound card is selected as the satellite and all other options in that screen, then there is a second screen, I can't remember, but make sure it is selected for your sound card, not the internal.

Make sure Line in is selected for the sound card in Zara.

Also, make sure that the sound card is the default sound in Control panel.

Make sure you turn off system sounds in control panel.

Here are a couple graphics. The first one with the physical setup, the second and third are of the setup in Zara.

Also, make sure you have the satellite turned on in the options. That allows for the sound card input to listen to the sound card output.

Attached files 276699=15319-ZaraDTMF1.jpg

Hmmm, I have never done any of that looping back into the sound card !!!

How come that is needed? The only thing I do is send the sound out from the card and directly in to the transmitter.

Hi Richard,
that is so you can send the DTMF tones to turn Zara on and off remotely from the computer.

I am guessing you don't use DTMF tone? If not, that is why your basic connection works just fine.

paulanator wrote:

Hi Richard,
that is so you can send the DTMF tones to turn Zara on and off remotely from the computer.

I am guessing you don't use DTMF tone? If not, that is why your basic connection works just fine.

Hmmm, in fact yes I do use DTMF tones. You don't need to loop audio back in to do that. The start of my shows send a DTMF tone from LOR to tell Zara to stop and another one at the end of all shows at night tells it to start again.