Light-O-Rama Forums

I need a Zara Radio Guru to consult

Bowshock

Erik wrote:

coasterbp

Appears you were correct not the right old version,I downloaded 1.6.1 and it has the DTMF, thanks for you help

Ver 1.6.1 will support DTMF, but if you start having trouble with Windows UAC on Vista or Win 7 then you should get 1.6.2 which corrects some issues there as well as other bugs. It's the main reason I suggested you get that version.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Erik wrote:
coasterbp

Appears you were correct not the right old version,I downloaded 1.6.1 and it has the DTMF, thanks for you help

Ver 1.6.1 will support DTMF, but if you start having trouble with Windows UAC on Vista or Win 7 then you should get 1.6.2 which corrects some issues there as well as other bugs.  It's the main reason I suggested you get that version.

Thanks Richard I was only finding 1.6.1, I'm running XP but if I have problems I will see if I can find 1.6.2.

Ok, got DTMF options set in ZR I can hear them come across the speakers but ZR doesn't respond, from reading through this thread I'm thinking the onboard sound doesn't support DTMF. Any other thoughts?

The computer is a Small Form Factor and I don't have a sound card that will fit, all other computers are full size, so no other card to test with.

Ok, just to point this out again. I had the same issues a few years ago. There were several reasons that I had issues.

1. Versin 1.6.1 did not work for me, but 1.6.2 did.
2. ZR is sensitive to the tones. I hope you are using the ones I created and posted above.
3. Settings in Zara need to be correct.

Last choice is that you might need to do an external loop around.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Ok, just to point this out again. I had the same issues a few years ago. There were several reasons that I had issues.

1. Versin 1.6.1 did not work for me, but 1.6.2 did.
2. ZR is sensitive to the tones. I hope you are using the ones I created and posted above.
3. Settings in Zara need to be correct.

Last choice is that you might need to do an external loop around.

I did find 1.6.2 last night and installed it and I've tried the tones you posted as well as the ones a couple other mentioned here.

Hi Erik, sorry for delay. I am travelling.

I guess you are still restling with this? My setting for the mixer is the same as yours, so that looks right.

Just to verify (I can't easily see all previous threads on this iPad), on the DTMF tab of the options, you should have the "Enable the Detector" checkbox on, disconnect tone is 90 (my action is to choose "Play the List", and connect tone is 69 (with associated option button selected.)

Assumming you have the above set and it still doesn't work, then you may be down to one of two choices...

Manually get Zara and LOR in sync: Create an event to stop Zara a few seconds before your LOR show is about to begin, and create another event that starts up Zara again a few seconds after your show is finished for the night.

or use the loopback external cable method as described earlier in this thread.

I am still a bit baffled why some systems seem to work ok and others don't. For me, I know there was an issue with v er 1.6.1, yet you said you are using 1.6.2, so that can't be the reason.

Oh rats! I fogot to mention something else that was on my mind. Somewhere earlier in this thread, I saw someone show the Zara options dialog and showed the "Satellite" tab. They had selected "Line-In" for the RECORDING. I have never gotten that to work either. Maybe that is needed if you use the external cable loop-back method.

In my situation where I do NOT use the external cable loop-back, I have the "Line-In" selected for PLAYBACK (not recording). Any other setting on that tab didn't work for me. Please try that.

Thanks for all the help Richard, I've tried different setting in the satellite tab as well as different tones with no luck, I think this year I will just schedule it and work on the DTMF after, have a few last minute items that need attention.

Erik,

I am sure you tried this but is the detector on and do you have your correct connection and disconnection tones enabled.

greg

Attached files 282132=15652-zara dtmf screen shot.bmp

Another thing to check is the log. Play the tones a couple of times and then check the log to see if the tones are being logged. If they aren't, you either need to check more settings are get another sound card. I had to get a new sound card for my older computer. It was around $20...

-=CoasterBP

coasterbp wrote:

Another thing to check is the log. Play the tones a couple of times and then check the log to see if the tones are being logged. If they aren't, you either need to check more settings are get another sound card. I had to get a new sound card for my older computer. It was around $20...

-=CoasterBP

I presume you are referring to the LOR log file, not the Zara log file.

Also, he should be able to actually hear the tones that LOR is playing. If not, that is a good clue that they are not being played.

I was actually referring to the Zara Log. If the Zara Log isn't recording the tones, then I would suggest a newer sound card.

coasterbp wrote:

I was actually referring to the Zara Log. If the Zara Log isn't recording the tones, then I would suggest a newer sound card.

Hmmm, OK.

Just an FYI, my Zara log does NOT record the tones (records everything else). Howvever, everthing works well for me.

Nothing shows in the Zara log, I can hear the tones from the speakers. For this year I'll just set an event to start and stop and spend some time if the off season to work on DTMF. Thanks all for the help and suggestions

• 5 years later...
On 8/29/2009 at 11:26 AM, Tim Dill said:

Greg, Thanks for All the help! The way I added the playlist Zara was looking at it as 1 big song so it could't find a stoping point. I reloaded the songs and now it WORKS!!

I don't think my soundcard will let me use DTMF tones if I loop it from output to input I get feedback through the speakers and transmitter. I tried to use the Front mic for the DTMF input but that doesn't seem to work either Scheduling a start and stop will work for Me.

Tim

I know the post I'm quoting is old, but I can't find an answer anywhere in the forums.

I am having this exact same problem as Tim Dill.  Do I need a second sound card to make it work?  As soon as I enable the input line, It just feeds back terribly.

CKSedg,  I'm not inspired to go back and read the 237 previous posts in this thread.  I'm pretty good with Zara and might be able to help.  Tell me what you are trying to do and what is or is not working right.

I was having trouble with zara dtmf tones since moving to a 64 bit machine.  I eliminated them all together and now use a program called AutoIt V3 to create a executible macro to call keyboard commands to start zara playing.  Wors great in fact better, no more tones playing.

Edited by Greg