Light-O-Rama Forums

I need a Zara Radio Guru to consult

Bowshock

Dale,

Does your weather watcher update to the outside world? If not, then did you select a weather station to update from? IF weather watcher does update then are you SURE the file that is being written is the same location that Zara is looking for it at.

You should be able to go to the location and open that file with notepad and see that it has updated.

Chuck

thanks for the answer chuck, i am useing c:zara weathertime temp for my file and i have it created in c: and it is located in zara and weather watcher but it doesn't' seem like the weather watcher is exporting any files it does update with the current info but doesn't seem to go any where. i have tried it on the 5 min updates and now i'm useing the real time format but doesn't seem to mater

cmoore60 wrote:

Is weather watcher updating the file? You should be able to see this by the file date.

This is the right first step. Does a file exist from weather watcher? Is it up to date?

no that seems to be the problem, i have both files set the same but i can't seem to get weather watcher to down load anything, i have the export box marked, i'm sure its something simple

Thanks Chuck, its working and were on our way, yipee:D

oh ya, you to Michael, thank you for all your hard work getting the tutorial together

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I made a lor sequence of the 69 tone and it worked perfectly. it stopped zara like it was supposed to.
But now it doesnt seem to work anymore! i cant get zara to "hear" the DTMF tones. Does anyone know what i may have done, a setting that i messed up somewhere? Please help, I tried playing the tone with different audio players and no luck there either.
Thanks,
Chris

the computer I am on now doesn't have zara installed but if it if it is the icon that I am thinking of that simply turns on an external satelite conection, if you have a loop from the out of your card to the in you may need to have that on but it may cause feedback. make sure tone 69 is still set up to start the playlist, this in also in the option panel.

when I get home from work tonight, I will run through some other options to see if I can figure it out.

greg

chris2k wrote:

it is enabled.
Is the little sattelite icon (under HELP) supposed to be selected or deslected?

Depending on your setting, it may not matter. However, it may also need to be selected. The tutorial has been improved with several troubleshooting sections including DTMF. I would start there and come back if you are still having the issue.

http://lightoramasequences.com/content/view/59/82/#troubleshootingDTMF

It sounds like you may be having the muting issue when the satellite connection. Can you hear the tones playing?

If I remember I experienced the problem you are having. I had since changed to have zara stop using an event a few seconds before the LOR show starts up, that way enabled zara to have a nice fade out. Since my lor program and zara run on the same computer I have no problem running it this way

here is a screen shot of my setup, tone 90 starts the playlist and tone 69 stops the playlist

Attached files 180389=10254-zara.bmp

Shouldnt the disconnect tone be 69 and the connect tone be 90?

If i remember back to the last thing that happened, i played the disconnect tone (69)with lor, zara stopped and my sequence played, and then i played a tone 90 to re-start zara but that didnt work. however i did notice at the bottom of my zara player it said something like: dtmf 90 detected, or recieved, at 3:45pm
But now i cant get it to detect anything.

you can use any combination of tones you lke. I am used to using 90 to stop previous program and start automation, and vice versa for the 69 tone. The radio station I used to work at used that tone combination so I guess it stuck with me.

so when you trigger your tones now, does zara receive them?

oh, i understand that now. it doesnt matter what tone it is as long as you just tell zara how to deal with it.

but no, its still not recieving them unfortunately.

:)

-Chris

I Got it now.
I really dont know what i changed, but it was something on my audio control panel for my sound card.
Thanks for all the help!

no problem, glad you got it, that would have been my next suggestion if the tones weren't getting to zara it could be the soundcard routing

greg

So i have everything working with zara and lor now, but i have a few questions.

1. How do i loop a playlist? my halloween music is only about 5 hours worth of music.
so it stops. i dont see an option to loop it, only a loop for an individual song.

I have 2 playlists, one that should start whenever i turn the computer on and run all day until 9:30, then i have a second playlist scheduled to start with different music
this works fine except the first playlist runs out before 9:30

2. How do i ensure the tones are heard 100% of the time? everyonce in a while the tone is played but zara doesnt hear it. Do i have to make the tone louder?

thanks,
Chris

chris2k wrote:

So i have everything working with zara and lor now, but i have a few questions.

1. How do i loop a playlist? my halloween music is only about 5 hours worth of music.
so it stops. i dont see an option to loop it, only a loop for an individual song.

I have 2 playlists, one that should start whenever i turn the computer on and run all day until 9:30, then i have a second playlist scheduled to start with different music
this works fine except the first playlist runs out before 9:30

2. How do i ensure the tones are heard 100% of the time? everyonce in a while the tone is played but zara doesnt hear it. Do i have to make the tone louder?

thanks,
Chris

Answer to the first 2 is the same. In the middle near the top there is dropdown that says normal, repeat, shuffle, random, manual. If you just want to repeat the playlist in the order you have them, select repeat.

Chuck