Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eldoradoboy

Will there be a Mega LOR sale?

LightORamaDan wrote:

stanward wrote:
Which sale is cheaper? February or the summer sale?

I want to buy more PC units.

And yes, I do love Dan's customer service. He is by far the best to deal with out there! He shows the Aloha spirit without even being in Hawaii!

Much mahalos,

Stan

Last year the Feb sale had slightly lower prices (a buck or two) as compared to the Summer Sale. The intention of the Feb sale is to clear out product prior to the end of the business year. To that end, it has limited quantities on a limited selection and no rain checks.

Last year, because of the limited quantities, we did not send out an email announcement and that caused a number of complaints. We did not announce the sale because we understood that if we did send out an email announcement, we would be sold out in minutes (if the website survived the traffic!) and we would have a larger number of unhappy folks.

I am not sure what we will do this year, (email or not)... but we will keep the forums up to date as to sale dates.

The Summer Sale has unlimited quantities.

Dan

Just a suggestion, Dan.

Put a sign on the website and leave it at that. With limited quanties, it seems the most fair thing to do.

garyfunk wrote:

tyler9613 wrote:
taybrynn wrote:
The reasons for buying LOR (for me) mainly circle around Dan and his customer-friendly policies, combined with excellent products and excellent support. Dan is honest and someone I WANT to do business with.
You are completely right and that is what I was trying to say in my post about how he could have ripped me off, but he chose not to because of his honesty.

Tyler:P

My only problem with that is that you cnosider it 'ripping you off' when you pay non-sale price. Geez, should I feel ripped off that I paid the normal price for the units I own?

Hi Gary,

Tyler had emailed me specifically looking for info on any upcoming sales. I think he was happy to see a company that was willing to give you a heads up to an upcoming sale... I just hate it when I get something and then weeks later it goes on sale (especially if I didn't really need it until it went on sale). I would have felt ripped off if I was misled.

The Feb sale will be the 21st or the 28th this year. (most likely the 21st)

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Hi Gary,

Tyler had emailed me specifically looking for info on any upcoming sales. I think he was happy to see a company that was willing to give you a heads up to an upcoming sale... I just hate it when I get something and then weeks later it goes on sale (especially if I didn't really need it until it went on sale). I would have felt ripped off if I was misled.

The Feb sale will be the 21st or the 28th this year. (most likely the 21st)

Dan

HI Dan,

We aren't used to being treated so well by a company. The only other company I have dealt with lately with great customer service is universal-devices.com. Your pricing is already fair and your support is darn near perfect. I look forward to crashing your server on the 21st (grin).

How 'bout?

Any products sold to members from now till the sale will

get the difference in sale price as a store credit.

item xxx $99.99

sale price $89.99

store credit $10.00 for future use

I obviously like the idea

Thanks for your time

Frank A.:)

Thanks from me also for the info Dan!

LightORamaDan wrote:

garyfunk wrote:
tyler9613 wrote:
I emailed Dan about this and this was his reply:

Hi Tyler, We will have a sale this year. Perhaps one in Feb and for sure one in early summer. Best regards, Dan Light O Rama, Inc.

I love how honest he is. He could have tricked me and I would have bought the controller now for full price.

-tyler

You still might. The item you want might not be in the sale.

During the summer sale every controler (AC or DC), kit, adapter ... is on sale. The only significant thing that will not be on sale is the software.

Dan

Ok what about the kits? Will they be on sale also?

Frank Rossi wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
garyfunk wrote:
tyler9613 wrote:
I emailed Dan about this and this was his reply:

Hi Tyler, We will have a sale this year. Perhaps one in Feb and for sure one in early summer. Best regards, Dan Light O Rama, Inc.

I love how honest he is. He could have tricked me and I would have bought the controller now for full price.

-tyler

You still might. The item you want might not be in the sale.

During the summer sale every controler (AC or DC), kit, adapter ... is on sale. The only significant thing that will not be on sale is the software.

Dan

Ok what about the kits? Will they be on sale also?

I emailed him about the Planet Christmas DIY Kits and he said that they would be on sale.

Thanks for the headsup Dan!

-Jeff

I cant wait. Man just to get my first controllers right at tax time. YES. That way I have awhile to put them together. I am excited.

Definition of a great company is not necessarily having a perfect product (because nothing is perfect) but how the company deals with customer service and negative issues.

Light-O-Rama is an example of how a company should be.

I had some issues with getting my maiden voyage light show going this year and upon emailing LOR support Dan himself helped get me on track right away.

Last years end of year sale was where I got going. The problem was I ended up ordering triple the controllers I originally planned on:)

I hope the adapters and the repeaters are included. Hint hint hint;)

going to try a new topology to resolve the issues of this past show

LightORamaDan wrote:

Last year, because of the limited quantities, we did not send out an email announcement and that caused a number of complaints. We did not announce the sale because we understood that if we did send out an email announcement, we would be sold out in minutes (if the website survived the traffic!) and we would have a larger number of unhappy folks.

No wonder I didn't hear about it! I was not on this forum until June but I was on the mailing list. Now I guess I am in insider?

FYI This forum is a lot more fun than some Halloween ones I have been on.

Dan, thanks. I'm another loyal customer that was sold on your product and customer service. I wish I could take part, but I'm saving my money for a better FM transmitter and some LED's. Next year, I plan on buy a couple of more controllers if we, your loyal customers, have a chance to partake in another February inventory sale.

Personally, I think Dan handled the 'invetory reduction sale' just right last year.

I mean, its not ever going to be a perfect scenario, when you have a sale with limited quantities of only certain items.

So I think him mentioning it in advance, and later presenting the sale on the LOR boards and even the home page a few days before the sale ... gave ample opportunity for folks to luck out and stumble into that sale event. In fact, many items remained available for a couple days ... so I thought it was handled correctly, because sending out to the email list would only create more dis-satisfaction, which LOR tries hard to minimize. Thats why the June sale is the ultimate sale, because you have unlimited quanties and everything on sale. If the inventory reduction sale has what you want, then great ... but the "BIG" sale is still the June sale. Plus June is when we normally see cool new products from LOR.

So I think anyone logging into the boards in the next month will know about the sale and has a chance to check it out. If you only log into the LOR forums 2-3 times during the year, yeah you might miss out. But if you even log into here or any of the other forums ... you will know about this sale.

If you really wanted to spread the love at the inventory reduction sale, you could put a limit of (10) on each item, to help more folks get a chance at these products.

Scott

LightORamaDan wrote:

Last year the Feb sale had slightly lower prices (a buck or two) as compared to the Summer Sale. The intention of the Feb sale is to clear out product prior to the end of the business year. To that end, it has limited quantities on a limited selection and no rain checks.

I am not sure what we will do this year, (email or not)... but we will keep the forums up to date as to sale dates.

The Summer Sale has unlimited quantities.

Dan

I hope funds will come my way. It's no fun being broke! :)

Are you better to phone your order in than order online? Or is it better to just order online?

Just wondered is all.
Cheers
Evan

I wasn't on here last year but from what I read from last years February sale it was online only. NO phone orders. I look forward to the sale page that will show. Now I have to start talking to my wife about the sale so when she sees the credit card bill she wont flip as bad.

its actually the Software S2 product that sold me on switching from AL to LOR... and since then i have found that the customer service whenever ive needed to call has been great... as well the pricing structure is fair as well esp for a specialty product that sells relatively low quantities...

software development is expensive as well is board layout and printing fees...

the mere fact that LOR offers controllers in a kit form for those who want to save money and are handy wit ha soldering iron is great! esp since they still support them and dont void warranties because it is a kit.. thats even more incredible...!

nearly unheard of in todays world... brings back the memories of the OLD days in Ham radio where you could build your own rig..

or for those who really were electronics hobbyists as a young child (like me) the Heathkit days

-Christopher

eldoradoboy wrote:

its actually the Software S2 product that sold me on switching from AL to LOR... and since then i have found that the customer service whenever ive needed to call has been great... as well the pricing structure is fair as well esp for a specialty product that sells relatively low quantities...

software development is expensive as well is board layout and printing fees...

the mere fact that LOR offers controllers in a kit form for those who want to save money and are handy wit ha soldering iron is great! esp since they still support them and dont void warranties because it is a kit.. thats even more incredible...!

nearly unheard of in todays world... brings back the memories of the OLD days in Ham radio where you could build your own rig..

or for those who really were electronics hobbyists as a young child (like me) the Heathkit days

-Christopher
I miss HeathKits. I love them. My Dad's house was full of the stuff. And so much fun.

DaveK wrote:

I still have (and use) a Heathkit VOM!

(I think I just dated myself)

Well, I still have a few Heath items, I think. I just replace my Beckman 330 that I bought the first month it was out.

Thank you Dan for the heads up....You should see the posted notes around my displays now reminding me!!

DaveK wrote:

I still have (and use) a Heathkit VOM!

(I think I just dated myself)

I have a Heathkit oscilloscope. I got it out last Halloween with intent to display a lissajous pattern. But the high voltage supply took a dump. I think it’s time to retire it.