Light-O-Rama Forums

Will there be a Mega LOR sale?

eldoradoboy

Personally, I think Dan handled the 'invetory reduction sale' just right last year.

I mean, its not ever going to be a perfect scenario, when you have a sale with limited quantities of only certain items.

So I think him mentioning it in advance, and later presenting the sale on the LOR boards and even the home page a few days before the sale ... gave ample opportunity for folks to luck out and stumble into that sale event. In fact, many items remained available for a couple days ... so I thought it was handled correctly, because sending out to the email list would only create more dis-satisfaction, which LOR tries hard to minimize. Thats why the June sale is the ultimate sale, because you have unlimited quanties and everything on sale. If the inventory reduction sale has what you want, then great ... but the "BIG" sale is still the June sale. Plus June is when we normally see cool new products from LOR.

So I think anyone logging into the boards in the next month will know about the sale and has a chance to check it out. If you only log into the LOR forums 2-3 times during the year, yeah you might miss out. But if you even log into here or any of the other forums ... you will know about this sale.

If you really wanted to spread the love at the inventory reduction sale, you could put a limit of (10) on each item, to help more folks get a chance at these products.

Scott

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lightzilla

• LightORamaDan

• taybrynn

• eldoradoboy

LightORamaDan wrote:

Last year the Feb sale had slightly lower prices (a buck or two) as compared to the Summer Sale. The intention of the Feb sale is to clear out product prior to the end of the business year. To that end, it has limited quantities on a limited selection and no rain checks.

Last year, because of the limited quantities, we did not send out an email announcement and that caused a number of complaints. We did not announce the sale because we understood that if we did send out an email announcement, we would be sold out in minutes (if the website survived the traffic!) and we would have a larger number of unhappy folks.

I am not sure what we will do this year, (email or not)... but we will keep the forums up to date as to sale dates.

The Summer Sale has unlimited quantities.

Dan

I hope funds will come my way. It's no fun being broke! :)

Are you better to phone your order in than order online? Or is it better to just order online?

Just wondered is all.
Cheers
Evan

I wasn't on here last year but from what I read from last years February sale it was online only. NO phone orders. I look forward to the sale page that will show. Now I have to start talking to my wife about the sale so when she sees the credit card bill she wont flip as bad.

its actually the Software S2 product that sold me on switching from AL to LOR... and since then i have found that the customer service whenever ive needed to call has been great... as well the pricing structure is fair as well esp for a specialty product that sells relatively low quantities...

software development is expensive as well is board layout and printing fees...

the mere fact that LOR offers controllers in a kit form for those who want to save money and are handy wit ha soldering iron is great! esp since they still support them and dont void warranties because it is a kit.. thats even more incredible...!

nearly unheard of in todays world... brings back the memories of the OLD days in Ham radio where you could build your own rig..

or for those who really were electronics hobbyists as a young child (like me) the Heathkit days

-Christopher

eldoradoboy wrote:

its actually the Software S2 product that sold me on switching from AL to LOR... and since then i have found that the customer service whenever ive needed to call has been great... as well the pricing structure is fair as well esp for a specialty product that sells relatively low quantities...

software development is expensive as well is board layout and printing fees...

the mere fact that LOR offers controllers in a kit form for those who want to save money and are handy wit ha soldering iron is great! esp since they still support them and dont void warranties because it is a kit.. thats even more incredible...!

nearly unheard of in todays world... brings back the memories of the OLD days in Ham radio where you could build your own rig..

or for those who really were electronics hobbyists as a young child (like me) the Heathkit days

-Christopher
I miss HeathKits. I love them. My Dad's house was full of the stuff. And so much fun.

DaveK wrote:

I still have (and use) a Heathkit VOM!

(I think I just dated myself)

Well, I still have a few Heath items, I think. I just replace my Beckman 330 that I bought the first month it was out.

DaveK wrote:

I have a Heathkit oscilloscope. I got it out last Halloween with intent to display a lissajous pattern. But the high voltage supply took a dump. I think it’s time to retire it.

rwertz wrote:

DaveK wrote:

I have a Heathkit oscilloscope. I got it out last Halloween with intent to display a lissajous pattern. But the high voltage supply took a dump. I think it’s time to retire it.

You use a Heathkit O-scope as a Halloween decoration? That's funny :)

eldoradoboy wrote:

the software is the BEST part of the LOR system - such a Joy to sequence on compared to the AL software i used to use
-Christopher

I most differently agree 100% with you on this. I received my 1st LOR 16 channel from WOWlights Today, and I have the software in place and up graded it.

I ordered another 16 channel controller from the Light O Rama web store and it is now on its way to me and Dan at Light O Rama has been great at customer service.

He said he would send the controller USPS and he did....I save money that way...about $5.00 over UPS for the same time frame.

I hope I get a chance to buy in the February sale.

lightzilla wrote:

He said he would send the controller USPS and he did....I save money that way...about $5.00 over UPS for the same time frame.

I hope I get a chance to buy in the February sale.

I live in Hawaii, and he was one of the only ones to offer USPS to Hawaii. I saved over $20 just in shipping through the USPS.

That was a good savings.

I will need to pay about $20.00 extra when it gets here do to Canada customs, but still I saved money over UPS.

The $5.00 was a guest...but I did save.

lightzilla wrote:

That was a good savings.

I will need to pay about $20.00 extra when it gets here do to Canada customs, but still I saved money over UPS.

The $5.00 was a guest...but I did save.

Don't you just hate it when stuff arrives at your house via UPS. Man those guys rip you off bad when ordering things from the USA. I always try and get stuff shipped USPS. Saves bigtime!!!!

-Evan

I rarely do business with people if they do not ship via USPS Priority. In the rare case, I had to have Action Lighting and CDI ship UPS because there was no other choice and I NEEDED the wire to setup my display. You didn't see a thread I created on businesses/people not being able to ship USPS? Most people on this board said they wouldn't ship via USPS, only thru FedEx or UPS, and they had their reasons.

NWSanta wrote:

Don't you just hate it when stuff arrives at your house via UPS. Man those guys rip you off bad when ordering things from the USA. I always try and get stuff shipped USPS. Saves bigtime!!!!

-Evan

NWSanta wrote:

Don't you just hate it when stuff arrives at your house via UPS. Man those guys rip you off bad when ordering things from the USA. I always try and get stuff shipped USPS. Saves big time!!!!

-Evan

UPS is O K, but I can save money by getting my stuff ship USPS.

Anyhow NW Santa your house looked great (you did show your house on Christmaslights.ca) didn't you?

I bailed out of AL controllers and jumped into LOR. Now John and I can share our sequences and help each other out. The LOR V2 software is unbelievably good, way better than AL's AD. The only regret last year was not going with my hearts 1st choice LOR, now here I am starting over again....O well, I am on the right track now.

As for the February sale, well I am between a rock and a hard place, I need to buy 1 controller at a time NOW while there is some money. Now by June I may already have the controllers I need and end up missing all the sales.

Thats the way it is for me.

• 2 weeks later...

lightzilla wrote:

As for the February sale, well I am between a rock and a hard place, I need to buy 1 controller at a time NOW while there is some money. Now by June I may already have the controllers I need and end up missing all the sales.

How about opening a PayPal account and sticking the money there when you have it?

I noticed a new graphic at the top of the board. Can't wait ... Hope I get something. May have to get up extra early with the whole time zone thing difference.... Any one know what time the sale starts ? Eastern or Pacific time?

Steven wrote:

How about opening a PayPal account and sticking the money there when you have it?

Yes I am thinking about that. I am thinking of opening a new bank account at a different bank and use it strickly for PayPal and online shopping.

Anyhow my controllers are coming in now, between tradeing off my AL controllers for LOR controllers and other LOR stuff.....well I am up to 48 channels of LOR, with another one on the way plus 1 more coming in a trade......I should have 80 channels in two week......if that happens then I only need to buy two more controllers for the 112 channels I need for my 2009 display.

But yes I will get going on the PayPal thing again.