Light-O-Rama Forums

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

...Funny how Don and I shared the room, he had good reception and I had spotty reception....

Lots of things were strange there if I remember correctly.

Eh Caesar?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mega Arch said:

Lots of things were strange there if I remember correctly.

Eh Caesar?

Yes, but it was all good fun. No one got hurt or went to jail (though so close) so I consider that a successful mini in the OKC

JR

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just heard from a reliable source that it will not be a sale this year so everyone needs to stay away from any Madgrab links you may get until I've gotten everything I need.  please and thank you.

Edited by ovsims

58 minutes ago, ovsims said:

Just heard from a reliable source that it will not be a sale this year so everyone needs to stay away from any Madgab links you may get until I've gotten everything I need.  please and thank you.

Now that's funny! :lol:

You don't need to worry about all this stuff if you are a LOR Platinum Card Member.

Yeah, I brought it up again.  :P

• Haha 2

funny thing is I know I want the stuff but I have no idea how to make everything work

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ovsims said:

funny thing is I know I want the stuff but I have no idea how to make everything work

Ask questions here. Lots of questions already answered if you search some. But who cares? This time of year forum members will gladly take time to answer. Also, like I did for a long time, be active at watching the forums. Many times you can get your answers by reading others’ post.

All else fells - go ahead and post a new topic with your question. 

We all started with questions and dreams and ideas and excitement and confusion. One thing we all now know - it’s freakin addicting!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Mega Arch please tell me you have your 2017 lights in HD. I love that face on your house. But after I had to take a training course at work about biases I realize I have an unconscious bias to low definition videos so its hard for me to watch and I lose focus

Edited by ovsims
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, ovsims said:

Mega Arch please tell me you have your 2017 lights in HD. I love that face on your house. But after I had to take a training course at work about biases I realize I have an unconscious bias to low definition videos so its hard for me to watch and I lose focus

Yes, but “life” got in my way. I’ll see if I can’t get at least a few of them posted soon. 

As far as “loving the face”, I patterned mine after George’s. He made me the rock star that I am today. He took 2017 off for a “needed rest”, but check out 2016 and prior of his. (& they’re HD).

http://clearwaterlights.org/

• Like 2

Pink Floyd... That is great... Never thought of that...  Next will have to get some Led Zeppelin...    Love the face

Oh forgot...   My dog's name is Zeppelin...  Named by my daughter when she was 18... If that says anything about my influence on her musically.   She listens to 60's and 70's music...  :) 

Look at doing some Rare Earth, Quicksilver Messenger Service, James Gang, and a few others if you are up to it!  Great old rock and roll to make lights flash too IMO!

Posted (edited)

woo hoo got my email today. spring sale in  days. Can't wait

Edited by ovsims

I never seem to get the email about the sales. I've been on the mailing list for years yet never have I got the info except from the forums and half the time the people here are unreliable anymore! lol!

• Confused 2

when there is a sale they put a link at the top of the forum page.  it usually posts a few days before it starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ovsims said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ovsims said:

Interesting, I ALWAYS receive the E-Mail announcements and have not yet on either of the two addresses that should have gotten it.  Also, nothing on the forum, the website, or the store website.

How long does the Spring sale typically last?

I have been working with the community developer of the neighborhood that I live in and they have agreed to sponsor a light show (for 10 houses on my street) and to pay for the equipment, but they have an approval process before they can spend the money. I’m trying to maximize the budget by buying as much as I can when it goes on sale, but I’m afraid that the sale will be shorter than their payment approval process.

Thanks,

Tom

4 minutes ago, Kayoss2862 said:

I have been working with the community developer of the neighborhood that I live in and they have agreed to sponsor a light show (for 10 houses on my street) and to pay for the equipment, but they have an approval process before they can spend the money. I’m trying to maximize the budget by buying as much as I can when it goes on sale, but I’m afraid that the sale will be shorter than their payment approval process.

Thanks,

Tom

Products in the Spring Sale sometimes last less than an hour before they are sold out.

The Summer Sale has no limits on inventory, with sale prices just a little higher than the Spring Sale.

12 minutes ago, Kayoss2862 said:

Thanks,

Tom

Things that are in high demand will be gone in minutes.  Other stuff may last a few days.  The sale typically last a few days (and that usually includes a weekend).

Posted (edited)

Just got my email, not april fools, now the fun begins OH yea April 6th

Keith

Edited by Kapkirk
Add date

It's official!  Just got the E-Mail from LOR.  Sale starts Friday evening at 9:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (or 6:00 PM for me on the west coast).

Got mine