Light-O-Rama Forums

2018 Spring Sale

CampbellHouse

Yep.... "Not giving any Hints".  But, sure hope there is a sale....  Last year was my first and sounds like the same.  Checked daily for any hint of the sale and then when it posted, made my list and had my Ipad and computer both going...  Oh yea, asked the wife if I could buy... Did not say how much....   Then came the sale...  Just like having Christmas...  Could not wait... Watched the count down and within 15 seconds had the order ready.  Pushed buy and the excitement was like opening a Christmas present.  Forgot to mention wife gets text alert anytime credit card is used....  Then I hear "NORMAN>>>>>"  yep...  She got the cost.  Went all summer then fall building props and making sequences.  Wife not happy...  Said I love the computer more than her.....   Then had an opening night....  After first sequence played she sad "What we doing for next year"  :)  SOLD  Now wife excited and buying the mega tree.... :)  Happy day......  Wife planning opening night with hot chocolate and candy canes...     and here I am again checking daily waiting for that sale......   FOR YOU NEW GUYS.....  It is living a dream and like being Christmas everyday of the year.  You hear songs and dream of light shows.....  It is a way of life...... ENJOY   Use the form for questions and advise.  Have received a lot....  dibblejr has been a big help answering questions and reading post.  I know there are may others with advice I have read and all are good.

got a secret stash of money (bonus she doesn't know about) so hopefully the DW won't find out about my hopeful spending until christmas

1 hour ago, namecipS said:

You better type around 80-120 words a minute, you'll need that speed to place your order during the spring sale.  I tried a couple times and by the time I was done submitting my order, the main items on my order were sold out.

Never quit looking even if it says sold out. Sometimes more will come out.

If all else fails you’ll have to pay full price anyways so never hurts to check for item every day.

JR

9 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Here’s how you shop like a pro:

Luckily the stuff I have purchased were not the most wanted. However last year I purchased my ccr mega tree- during your mini. The hotel had bad reception and it sold out the first day. Sunday morning Don noticed they had more so I lucked out.

I ended up getting 5 AC controllers, the ccr mega tree and a couple pixies along with extra ccr ribbons. 

Funny how Don and I shared the room, he had good reception and I had spotty reception.

JR

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

...Funny how Don and I shared the room, he had good reception and I had spotty reception....

Lots of things were strange there if I remember correctly.

Eh Caesar?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mega Arch said:

Lots of things were strange there if I remember correctly.

Eh Caesar?

Yes, but it was all good fun. No one got hurt or went to jail (though so close) so I consider that a successful mini in the OKC

JR

• Like 2

Just heard from a reliable source that it will not be a sale this year so everyone needs to stay away from any Madgrab links you may get until I've gotten everything I need.  please and thank you.

Edited by ovsims

58 minutes ago, ovsims said:

Just heard from a reliable source that it will not be a sale this year so everyone needs to stay away from any Madgab links you may get until I've gotten everything I need.  please and thank you.

Now that's funny! :lol:

You don't need to worry about all this stuff if you are a LOR Platinum Card Member.

Yeah, I brought it up again.  :P

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ovsims said:

funny thing is I know I want the stuff but I have no idea how to make everything work

Ask questions here. Lots of questions already answered if you search some. But who cares? This time of year forum members will gladly take time to answer. Also, like I did for a long time, be active at watching the forums. Many times you can get your answers by reading others’ post.

All else fells - go ahead and post a new topic with your question. 

We all started with questions and dreams and ideas and excitement and confusion. One thing we all now know - it’s freakin addicting!

• Like 2

Mega Arch please tell me you have your 2017 lights in HD. I love that face on your house. But after I had to take a training course at work about biases I realize I have an unconscious bias to low definition videos so its hard for me to watch and I lose focus

Edited by ovsims
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, ovsims said:

Mega Arch please tell me you have your 2017 lights in HD. I love that face on your house. But after I had to take a training course at work about biases I realize I have an unconscious bias to low definition videos so its hard for me to watch and I lose focus

Yes, but “life” got in my way. I’ll see if I can’t get at least a few of them posted soon. 

As far as “loving the face”, I patterned mine after George’s. He made me the rock star that I am today. He took 2017 off for a “needed rest”, but check out 2016 and prior of his. (& they’re HD).

http://clearwaterlights.org/

• Like 2

Pink Floyd... That is great... Never thought of that...  Next will have to get some Led Zeppelin...    Love the face

Oh forgot...   My dog's name is Zeppelin...  Named by my daughter when she was 18... If that says anything about my influence on her musically.   She listens to 60's and 70's music...  :) 

Look at doing some Rare Earth, Quicksilver Messenger Service, James Gang, and a few others if you are up to it!  Great old rock and roll to make lights flash too IMO!

I never seem to get the email about the sales. I've been on the mailing list for years yet never have I got the info except from the forums and half the time the people here are unreliable anymore! lol!

• Confused 2