Light-O-Rama Forums

i am clueless

jimmy lorrain

George Simmons wrote:

If someone gives you a roasted chipmunk today, you'll be just as helpless tomorrow when you get hungry again.

If someone teaches you how to catch and roast your own chipmunk, you'll never go hungry again.

Oh god...reading that reminded me of the time I unknowing ate Chipmunk Jerky.....in West Virginia. Thanks for re-opening up that mental wound

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimmy lorrain

• Max-Paul

• shfr26

• scubado

Guest wbottomley

Orville wrote:

jimmy lorrain wrote:
hey every one, as i said im clueless. i had no idea there was a help file or anything. im not clueless any more and im readin it. ill probably havt to read it quite a few times to get it. thanks to you all tho !!

Don't feel alone there Jimmy.   I wasn't aware of the help file in the LOR software either and I was trying to figure out some things, and when I asked, I did feel somewhat idiotic NOT finding the help files on my own.    And I've been working with computers for years and somehow, I even missed the help files.

Why'd I feel like an idiot?  Because they were right there in front of me, but even so, it just seems that I kept overlooking them!  

And believe me, they are a fantastic resource if you get stuck somewhere.   

But even as good as they are, sometimes you may not quite get or grasp what it is telling you, that's when it's time to ask the folks here on the forum for help.

Believe me, we are all eager and willing to help here if you truly get stuck on something and can't quite grasp it, but knowing you tried to read the help files and manuals gives us the information to know you tried it on your own, but somehow still didn't quite get it.

That's when everyone here that has experience with your particular question will guide you through the process, step by step if neccessary.

So you're off on the right track!

Welcome to this illness there is absolutely no cure for! LOL

It's one we've all succumbed to here on the forums called "animated synchronized musical holiday lighting", or just "LOR", if you prefer.   Once you start you just can't stop! LOL

Most if not all major software has a help file. While it is open, press your F1 key to open it or click help or about at the top of the program.

This is PC 101. You'll need the basic fundamentals to proceed forward if you want to have a light show like everyone else here.

He11, the first time I put together a LOR PC controller, I made a mistake putting a part in wrong. I emailed LOR and they sent me a replacement part plus an email telling me about a statement in the assembly manual. I had the manual open to that page in RED text glaring at me and I didn't see, or I did, and didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Guest Don Gillespie

George Simmons wrote:

If someone gives you a roasted chipmunk today, you'll be just as helpless tomorrow when you get hungry again.

If someone teaches you how to catch and roast your own chipmunk, you'll never go hungry again.

I knew you guys from Min. were a different breed LOL :D oh by the way I can't make it for dinner George. I am allergic to chipmunks.

Don Gillespie wrote:

George Simmons wrote:

I knew you guys from Min. were a different breed LOL :D oh by the way I can't make it for dinner George. I am allergic to chipmunks.

Good ole chipmunk and bisquits and gravy for breakfast, who could ask for any more?;)

Guest Don Gillespie

friskybri wrote:

I see many controllers for sale next year.

Maybe at reduced prices, but I agree a lot of people got into this thinking there is no work involved at all, boy are they in for rude awakening

George Simmons wrote:

If someone gives you a roasted chipmunk today, you'll be just as helpless tomorrow when you get hungry again.

What's a chipmunk?

wmilkie wrote:

George Simmons wrote:

What's a chipmunk?

This is the California type:
Chipmunks-alvin-and-the-chipmunks-23371193-600-582.jpg

Surfing4Dough wrote:

wmilkie wrote:
George Simmons wrote:
If someone gives you a roasted chipmunk today, you'll be just as helpless tomorrow when you get hungry again.

What's a chipmunk?

This is the California type:
Chipmunks-alvin-and-the-chipmunks-23371193-600-582.jpg

LMAOROF. I was so waiting for that to pop up.

im slowly gettin it. im workin on a sequence to black sabbath the mob rules. i down loaded the user manual, it helps.but where can i down load a guide for the icon buttons in the top bar of the sequence editor ???? ineed to know things like how to put in repetitive notes on the grid... i will read about it but i just cant find a manual on it..thank you !!

In many cases, you can hover over the icon to get the name. Then simply do a search in this forum to see what people have done with it. In some cases, they'll post screen shots showing what they've done. Take the time and read thru many of the threads - it'll help give you ideas, and then when you're stuck, you may have an idea of which threads to go back to that provided more assistance than others.

Much of it is personal preference. Your first song isn't going to be perfect. Neither is your 10th song. But you're going to look back at your first song and realize you could've done this and that with it, and will reprogram it. It's all part of the learning curve, which admittedly will never end!

jimmy lorrain wrote:

im slowly gettin it. im workin on a sequence to black sabbath the mob rules. i down loaded the user manual, it helps.but where can i down load a guide for the icon buttons in the top bar of the sequence editor ???? ineed to know things like how to put in repetitive notes on the grid... i will read about it but i just cant find a manual on it..thank you !!
As for the icons in the top tool bar. Ah just hover the mouse pointer and a text box will pop up with the tools name.

As for the repeating notes on the grid. Use the selecting arrow and high lite the notes. Then do the copy and then select the place you want them repeated and do a paste. There are short cut keys, but I just have not spent the time to train myself those key clicks. Again there is a list in the help area that contains the list to the short cut key strokes.

wbottomley wrote:

By far in no way can you have my Chipmunks! I'll be pissed along with Robin as well! :P

http://vimeo.com/34008098

Okay, now I have to ask William, did you make those yourself or are they available for purchase somewhere?

Asking because I've never seen those before and Alvin and the Chipmunks songs are what I used to drive my late parents crazy with by playing their songs over and over again. And I wouldn't mind having those "chipmunks" in my display either.:)