Light-O-Rama Forums

2012 MITS PreSale

JacobJDell

You can visit http://www.magicinthesky.com/lighting/2012.pdf to view our 2012 presale pricelist. We will be adding additional items during the week including icicles in M5, 5mm, C6 70 ct sizes. We have access to c7 and c9 strands, but they are really a larger lens over the same C6 LED. If we see enough intest in this item we will add it to the line-up. Please send questions to Jacob@MagicInTheSky.com

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JacobJDell

• Crazydave

• imawlkr2

• friskybri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, thank you, thank you for offering 35 ct strings.

2 Questions:

Are the lights from the same manufacturer as last year?

Are the currently posted prices good the entire length of the sale this year?

Hi George,

We were glad to be able to add the 35cts as they are very handy for a variety of mega branch applications. To answer your questions:

1) We are using the same factory as last time. Our rep just returned from China and visited the factory to confirm pricing

2) Yes prices will hold for the sales period 12/16 to 1/20

George Simmons wrote:

Are the currently posted prices good the entire length of the sale this year?

hmmm...seems there is a caveat in their flyer...

"Special order /preseason sales prices are good while supplies last".

Hi Jim,

We hope to break "The Winder Curse" in 2012:}! All kidding aside, I know you exercised considerable patience in 2011 and appreciate your willingness to give us a try. A lot of time has been invested to make this year’s sale smooth and hassle free. We will hold prices for the entire sales period 12/16/10 to 1/20/11.

Jacob J Dell

wbottomley wrote:

Compare the video below.

2011 mega-trees have less lights but are led's.
did you forget the video link?

or were you pointing us to High Country Lights?

EDIT:

Never mind.... :P

MikeA wrote:

I am having a problem justifying the upgrade to LED's.
Do you find they are enough brighter that only half the bulbs are needed?
in my case yes and my light bill for December is half or less than prior seasons! We all know that IT ISN'T because the power company gives volume discounts. Prior to the switch over my light bill was $200+ above the norm. After the switch $30.

caniac wrote:

MikeA wrote:
in my case yes and my light bill for December is half or less than prior seasons!  We all know that IT ISN'T because the power company gives volume discounts.  Prior to the switch over my light bill was $200+ above the norm.  After the switch $30.

I am only seeing a $40-50 increase now. That's only 4 LED strings. Would take 20+ years to pay back.
I was hoping the payback would be in much fewer lights needed for my additions.

MikeA wrote:

caniac wrote:
MikeA wrote:
in my case yes and my light bill for December is half or less than prior seasons! We all know that IT ISN'T because the power company gives volume discounts. Prior to the switch over my light bill was $200+ above the norm. After the switch $30.

I am only seeing a $40-50 increase now. That's only 4 LED strings. Would take 20+ years to pay back.
I was hoping the payback would be in much fewer lights needed for my additions.
yes and no, I can also add more lights without increasing the need for outlets. Between the two periods of time I have more than tripled the number of lights and have not tripped the circuit they are on (was a regular occurrence before).

Mike,

The biggest advantage for me has been the ability to use all 16 Channels on each LOR controller. When I had incandescence usually channel 8 and 16 had to be left open and 7 and 15 were carefully scripted to not be on at the same time as 6 and 14 (ie overloaded board) With LEDs at about less than .04A per strand we have been able to fully use all 16 channels without getting out a spreadsheet to make sure everything would work without blowing the fuses.

JacobJDell wrote:

Hi Jim,

We hope to break "The Winder Curse" in 2012:}! All kidding aside, I know you exercised considerable patience in 2011 and appreciate your willingness to give us a try. A lot of time has been invested to make this year’s sale smooth and hassle free. We will hold prices for the entire sales period 12/16/10 to 1/20/11.

Jacob J Dell
Just so no one complains, you do mean 12/16/11 to 1/20/12 right?:P

also, in addition to what was posted above, i prefer the overall look of LED's, i like the rich, bright color of the LED's. Then again, I am a techie! I know there are folks that like the look of incans, but for me, im all about the L.E.D.'s :P

Prices here are quite a bit cheaper than CDI's.
The fact that Jacob only has 6 (5 in this topic alone)posts in this forum worries me a little.
Who had used his lights before? And for how many years have you been importing these led's?
Seems that CDI has a spotless record here.

MikeA wrote:

Prices here are quite a bit cheaper than CDI's.
The fact that Jacob only has 6 (5 in this topic alone)posts in this forum worries me a little.
Who had used his lights before? And for how many years have you been importing these led's?
Seems that CDI has a spotless record here.
I ordered from them last year...it was their first year dealing with Christmas Lights..they had their bumps, but I would order from them again...

Don't be concerned with Jacobs post count....