Light-O-Rama Forums

PHI_LOR Meet amp; Greet

cenote

Jeff Millard wrote:

Tim,

This time just park in the driveway. I'll put the cars around the corner and send a letter to all the neighbors and the (Someone said finest... 'a bit of a stretch IMO') popo who have nothing better to do than harass Christmas Light Enthusiasts...

That there's a funny story. I'm just glad the news crew who spent all Christmas morning at Andy's house wasn't around. The pics of me answering the door at midnight, dressed to impress... well that would've been a shocker! And trying to convince the Police that Tim was an invited guest (and recall his name so they believed me) What fun... (I do think I heard one say into his walkie talkie... "It's that Christmas Light guy")

The gifts this year from neighbors were all about alcohol... ...they trying to tell me something?

Jeff

For over six months now, that has been one of my favorite funny stories to tell!!!

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank Picozzi

• cenote

• Aproct

• Dan Ancona

Jeff Millard wrote:

Frank Picozzi wrote:
For over six months now, that has been one of my favorite funny stories to tell!!!

You and the husband of the lady who called the police. He really gets a kick out of describing my late night attire. I'll bet the officers had a fun time with it too...

When I heard the knock on the door I thought it was Tim needing to use the bathroom, or wanting a band-aid or something. So I get up and run to the door and there's a blue uniform standing there. They told me they were making him go park in the Municipal building parking lot. All I could think was "Guys, it's a Christmas light decorator!" Lay off! I asked them if he could stay in the driveway and they agreed, so I started out to move the cars... But the cop wouldn't let me out. He told me to put some clothes on... Then asked if I was OK to drive!?! Who can blame him.:shock:

Jeff
When I told my wife that story the first thing she said was that you were lucky that YOUR wife didn't make you sleep in the van with Tim. After reading your post Jeff, I just had a disturbing thought. What DID Tim do about going to the bathroom?? Did you end up with any dead spots on the lawn?

Frank Picozzi wrote

Did you end up with any dead spots on the lawn?
HE was smart, he used orange juice on the spot afterwords...

Frank Picozzi wrote:

My secret was to pretty much stop at every other rest area on the turnpike. Damn middle age.

I would ask Frank to leave a trail of bread crumbs, but his name tells me we are coming in opposite directions on the turnpike ;)

Glenn (2 nn's)

cenote wrote:

Still waiting for the NEW secretary to up date the who's coming list

You're the only one we have confidence in Chuck. We could try Dano but I think we'd all end up going to different states.

Aproct wrote:

I think we need a new secretary here...At least a cutier one...like my avatar....sorry chuck....

I thought we all voted for her...

Jeff Millard wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
I have nothing to say.
Jeff Millard wrote:
There are people who will want to know what your secret... to the above statement...

A little clarification for Frank...

Jeff

Hmm, if you mean the edit, I had the the p off the word post.

Frank Picozzi wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
Frank Picozzi wrote:

You and the husband of the lady who called the police. He really gets a kick out of describing my late night attire. I'll bet the officers had a fun time with it too...

When I heard the knock on the door I thought it was Tim needing to use the bathroom, or wanting a band-aid or something. So I get up and run to the door and there's a blue uniform standing there. They told me they were making him go park in the Municipal building parking lot. All I could think was "Guys, it's a Christmas light decorator!" Lay off! I asked them if he could stay in the driveway and they agreed, so I started out to move the cars... But the cop wouldn't let me out. He told me to put some clothes on... Then asked if I was OK to drive!?! Who can blame him.:shock:

Jeff
When I told my wife that story the first thing she said was that you were lucky that YOUR wife didn't make you sleep in the van with Tim. After reading your post Jeff, I just had a disturbing thought. What DID Tim do about going to the bathroom?? Did you end up with any dead spots on the lawn?

Not that I haven't "watered" a lawn or two...The Big Red work van, doubles as a weekend camper, complete with Direct TV,refrigerator ,microwave, sink and a porta potty ;).

Perfect for several weekends a year at a Nascar race and now Christmas light minis :D

Jeff Millard wrote:

No, what I meant was, people would like to know the secret to me having nothing to say.

Painkillers, lots and lots of painkillers

You can pencil me in. I am a mobile DJ so I will have to see how that weekend plays out. I'll pass on most gigs but not a lucrative wedding!

Cool that was my 1000 post!

cenote wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
Where's Roy (DrNiceGuy) Sally (sasmuse) Dave (downtown) Greg (LightsByGreg) Hamlet (HPHP) Glenn (GS) The Baldwin's? (I'll think of more... when the painkillers wear off)

Jeff
Roy - See above
Dave ???
Greg - does he read this forum much?
HPHP - ??? (don't know him)
Glen - He's in
The Baldwins - One can only hope

Yep, you can figure on me being there. How can anyone pass up an opportunity for Christmas lights in June?

D.T.

iresq wrote:

You can pencil me in. I am a mobile DJ so I will have to see how that weekend plays out. I'll pass on most gigs but not a lucrative wedding!

Cool that was my 1000 post!

Excellent, I hope you can make it... I know there will be several us there that would like to know more about using Vegas Studio 9. I've been following your posts over on PC and they have helped a lot, thank you and thanks to Ed for starting that thread.

Tim

Tim Herberger wrote:

Excellent, I hope you can make it... I know there will be several us there that would like to know more about using Vegas Studio 9. I've been following your posts over on PC and they have helped a lot, thank you and thanks to Ed for starting that thread.
Tim

If someone can arrange for a computer with vegas (pro or studio) or any other editing software for that matter, I'd be more than happy to spend some time on it.