Light-O-Rama Forums

Tear Down

rgardner518

An "inline" spt socket allows it to be clipped onto a spt cord anywhere you need to plug something in without cutting the spt wire. So I can have one piece of spt wire wire, say 30 feet long and be able to plug lights into it at say 8 foot point, 17 foot, or anywhere I need multiple female sockets on the length of spt wire.

They look just like a regular female spt socket except they have a wire notch on both side to allow the wire to pass straight through.

I get them from Paul at CDI, 52 cents each in bags of 10

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• JBullard

• lightzilla

• basis21b

Top Posters In This Topic

JBullard wrote:

An "inline" spt socket allows it to be clipped onto a spt cord anywhere you need to plug something in without cutting the spt wire. So I can have one piece of spt wire wire, say 30 feet long and be able to plug lights into it at say 8 foot point, 17 foot, or anywhere I need multiple female sockets on the length of spt wire.

They look just like a regular female spt socket except they have a wire notch on both side to allow the wire to pass straight through.

Aren't they the same thing as reg. female spt plugs? and you just cut off the other side? I dont see them precut ones on cdi?

Whats the purpose of a CTB - 16D or a CTB - 16PC? I know what the ctb-16pc is. Is it cost effective to go with the boards only and not the complete sets? I just had the chance to see how you do things. I completely understand now. And I like it alot! Do you mind it I use some of your ways to do things? Also were did you find the one colored leds? Are they dimmable? Also if you get colored paint on the plugs, does it prevent them from working?

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

JBullard wrote:

Aren't they the same thing as reg. female spt plugs? and you just cut off the other side? I dont see them precut ones on cdi?

yes, they are. but during the pre-sale they are only 52 cents each so I always order a hundred or so. reg price is 54 cents (after discount code) but saves me the trouble of cutting out the other side.

on the CDI site search for FAPI and it's item C

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Whats the purpose of a CTB - 16D or a CTB - 16PC? I know what the ctb-16pc is.
The CTB - 16D allows standalone animation sequences without using the computer or mini-director. I use it sometimes for 4th July or halloween animations that don't need to be sequenced to music
Is it cost effective to go with the boards only and not the complete sets?
For me it is. I only buy the boards anymore and put them into a case and attach my own wiring.
I just had the chance to see how you do things. I completely understand now. And I like it alot! Do you mind it I use some of your ways to do things?
Of course not! This forum is about sharing!
Also were did you find the one colored leds? Are they dimmable?
Almost all of my 630 LED strings came from Paul at CDI and are full wave and dimmable
Also if you get colored paint on the plugs, does it prevent them from working?
I try to prevent the paint from getting on the plug prongs, usually I mate a plug and socket together and spray both at the same time. If I should get any spray on the plug brass prongs, a quick wipe with lacquar thinner removes it.

Whats the correct description for what all of us do? I mean, I'm trying to come up with a word that best describes what we do?

I found those plugs too, thanks.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Whats the correct description for what all of us do? I mean, I'm trying to come up with a word that best describes what we do?

Lunacy is a word that comes to mind

JBullard wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Which means? Also, I was thinking about doing 2 leaping arches for next year. I have the poles and lights. I just need to buy one controller. OR should I spend the money for CCR's? Can you give me a list of what I'll need for ccr's to do 2 arches? I want to compair prices. My display is over 100ft away from the road. So I'm always worried about not being able to see it.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

JBullard wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Which means?
CRAZY as in lunatic - a crazy person
Also, I was thinking about doing 2 leaping arches for next year. I have the poles and lights. I just need to buy one controller. OR should I spend the money for CCR's? Can you give me a list of what I'll need for ccr's to do 2 arches? I want to compair prices. My display is over 100ft away from the road. So I'm always worried about not being able to see it.

The CCRs are VERY bright. If you have the two poles, just attach the CCR ribbon, half to each pole.

If you already have the lights for "conventional" arches, then a PC board only at about $130 on sale would be less expensive. Just use spt wire and sockets to the board for the output dongles. would be all you would need for the arches. Stick the controller board in a tupperware type container.