Light-O-Rama Forums

Tear Down

rgardner518

Here are several links to Harriet Carters Web site, were I bought them. I'm also including a bunch from EBay. I bought one, than found the manufacture on the label. I contacted them and bought one large order from them instead at $2 each. Thats cheaper than both Harriet Carter and Ebay.

Harriet Carter

Orange Ones
http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/categoryID/1387E4D1-50BE-47CE-A4D6-0F4BD88D91DF/productID/F275CE82-193A-4CE2-9240-33506A0F30F4

Ebay

Orange Ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/CORD-CONNECT-WATERTIGHT-CORD-LOCK-ORANGE-Set-of-3_W0QQitemZ120496344556QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0e244dec

Orange Ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cord-Connect-for-extension-cords-power-tools_W0QQitemZ280315239995QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4144171e3b

Orange Ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/EXTENSION-CORD-CONNECT-COVER-Safety-first_W0QQitemZ270500642663QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item3efb183f67

Orange Ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cord-Connect-Connects-Cords-Indoors-Outdoors-NEW_W0QQitemZ250551788136QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a560ce268

Green Ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cord-Connect-Connects-Cords-Indoors-Outdoors-NEW_W0QQitemZ250551788136QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a560ce268

Green Ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GREEN-CORD-CONNECT-KEEP-CORD-CONNECTIONS-DRY_W0QQitemZ120497696146QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0e38ed92

Green Ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GREEN-CORD-CONNECT-KEEP-CORD-CONNECTIONS-DRY_W0QQitemZ250534292670QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a5501ecbe

Green Ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/CORD-CONNECT-WATERTIGHT-CORD-LOCK-GREEN-Set-of-3_W0QQitemZ280427279491QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414ac4b483

I use Firefox, and for some reason, there is no way to make links in the reply window. But IE 8 don't ether. Is there something wrong with the forum? So I'm sorry to say you are going to have to cut and paste each one. Here's a picture of the green ones.

Ray

Attached files 195117=10893-Bfo3kHwB2kKGrHqEH-D8Erz3dlPLBLCJO5LS_12.JPG

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• JBullard

• lightzilla

• basis21b

Top Posters In This Topic

My last show was New Year's Eve. We had a few people stop by last night and sit out front for a couple minutes, but I was able to resist running into the office and clicking on 'enable shows'. As far as tear down goes, I'm not going to even try to do anything until the temperature at least gets back above zero F. Might even wait until it gets above 0 C. Actually, if I have it all down by Memorial Day I'll be satisfied.

Actually George 0C in temp sounds good but that will not be happening hear for a spell.

I can tear down in the cold, but it is the shoveling of snow that gets to me. I need to remove a lot of snow to get at the mini trees, deer, arches, mini mega trees and a crap load of cords.

Hopefully I can tear down a bit more Sunday afternoon.

bhays wrote:

Would you be willing to share your contact with the manufacturer? How many did you buy in your bulk order?

I'll have to get back to you at a later time, once I find it. I put it in a certain spot so I would not lose it. But I can't remember were that spot was. That happens to me sometimes. Ever have that happen? But seriously, Give me some time to find it, and I'll PM you with it. My orginal order was I believe for 250.

I started tearing down yesterday morning. I was going to leave mine running through Sunday night, but yesterday and today both in the 40's and temps going to drop starting Tuesday. I did have one car stop by yesterday and tell me that he was going to bring is MIL by to see the show last night. I told him that's just another thing his MIL is going to be P-O'd at him about. LOL

I gotta admit I was pretty sad to Disable Shows on the laptop. :)

Good thing is that wife is already talking about how we can make it bigger and better next year, and that's a big change from the old SOP. :)

Black Friday to New Years eve. Tear down on 1/1. Move everything in out of the 10 F and wrap it all up inside. Stakes and frozen cords wait until Spring.

Waterproofing is not an issue, used to tape all the connections but found it only holds the water in. Trying to pry apart frozen plastic devices is not my thing either. The controllers and connections sit under upside down plastic storage bins painted black and the mega tree conncections sit under upside down plastic paint pails painted black. (say that ten times fast)

The silica packs worked great in the controllers this year, props to whoever posted that.

The only water issues I seen is with the strobes but that is another thread.

BrianC wrote:

Black Friday to New Years eve. Tear down on 1/1. Move everything in out of the 10 F and wrap it all up inside. Stakes and frozen cords wait until Spring.

Waterproofing is not an issue, used to tape all the connections but found it only holds the water in. Trying to pry apart frozen plastic devices is not my thing either. The controllers and connections sit under upside down plastic storage bins painted black and the mega tree conncections sit under upside down plastic paint pails painted black. (say that ten times fast)

The silica packs worked great in the controllers this year, props to whoever posted that.

The only water issues I seen is with the strobes but that is another thread.

I completely understand what you mean about prying open frozen plastic connectors. I would not want to do that eather! Thats why the ones I showed earlier, screwed together! I have NEVER had an issue.

JBullard wrote:

Several times each year Harbor Frieght puts theirs on sale for 99 cents, reg price is 2.49 Just watch their sale flyers

I only use them for the 12 AWG supply lines in a couple of places. Everything else is SPT direct from the controller to the light. No other connections are on the ground

JBullard wrote:

I only use them for the 12 AWG supply lines in a couple of places. Everything else is SPT direct from the controller to the light. No other connections are on the ground

ARE YOU SERIOUS! How many channels to you have again?

I have no clue what happen to last last message!

Redbirdruss" posted. And you will see that all the descriptions, may be different or the same , but all say the same thing "waterproof".

All I'm saying, is be careful. I would hate to buy 300 of these at 99 cent, just to find out the hard way they hold in condensation.

Good Luck

Ray

JBullard wrote:

320 channels plus two CCRs

HOLY SH*T! you mean to tell me you run contuneis spt wire from each controller pigtail directly to the light its self, NO connections at the light itself? Dam that's ALOT OF SPT WIRE!!! How the hell to you store all of it, without getting confused which is which? I mean if you have two of three of the same thing on different channels, yet different lengths, how do you remember which goes were?

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

JBullard wrote:

HOLY SH*T! you mean to tell me you run contuneis spt wire from each controller pigtail directly to the light its self, NO connections at the light itself? Dam that's ALOT OF SPT WIRE!!! How the hell to you store all of it, without getting confused which is which? I mean if you have two of three of the same thing on different channels, yet different lengths, how do you remember which goes were?

The connections at the light are not on the ground, they "hang" so therefore no need for weather protection (and we get a ton of rain) because the water just runs on out.

Using "inline" spt sockets, just have one wire plugged into the channel pigtail, and the same SPT wire continues on to the next light, etc. Just label each cord right on the spt plug or socket with a Sharpie or a tyvek label.

Been doing it this way for years, no GFCI problems

And yes, I use lots of spt wire and connectors.

JBullard wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
JBullard wrote:

The connections at the light are not on the ground, they "hang" so therefore no need for weather protection (and we get a ton of rain) because the water just runs on out.

Using "inline" spt sockets, just have one wire plugged into the channel pigtail, and the same SPT wire continues on to the next light, etc. Just label each cord right on the spt plug or socket with a Sharpie or a tyvek label.

Been doing it this way for years, no GFCI problems

And yes, I use lots of spt wire and connectors.

I don't understand how your laying things out

"Using "inline" spt sockets, just have one wire plugged into the channel pigtail, and the same SPT wire continues on to the next light, etc."

Has any everyone seen the NEW Light-o-Rama website? Its really Al-some! I like it alot!