Light-O-Rama Forums

Vandalism, A week before light up

PMC

I like the Paintball one! That's awesome. I have one of those scarecrow units and it works quite well. The only thing I'd be worried is that they'd come over and just turn your water on then you'd have messed up lights and messed up water. The scarecrow thing works well but, it has an 8 second delay before it primes again...

Go Paintball and feel better! :(

-Evan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• toddmoon

• jimswinder

• edge

• PMC

Yeah - someone cut numerous strings on my mega tree the day befor the show got under way. After the first show, I repaired them all till 2:00 am. I will get the man lift over this next week and put new strings out as in northern Minnesota we get the cold and snow. After all the work and effort, we must perserve. Blessings to all with good holiday cheer! :)

gmacw wrote:

Sorry to hear of the vadalism, I had a problem the first year (teenagers having fun), I found this link helpful & very easy and cheap. May scare them off of another attack.

http://vimeo.com/2320265

GMACW,

I like that idea but I think a big ole sonic horn or something else to make them pee on themself would be funny. It can scare the crap out of them and let you know they are there. LOL

I have the perfect layout to use this little system. Only problem is I am having kids come into the yard to make donations for Toys for Tots. I guess I could always turn the thing on after the show is over at night.

It could take care of some many different problems all at once. The video is just so much fun to watch!

toddmoon wrote:

I have the perfect layout to use this little system. Only problem is I am having kids come into the yard to make donations for Toys for Tots.

What kid wouldn't LOVE trying to dodge some paintballs while trying to drop a toy into a barrel!!!! LOL

Sounds to me like YOU are the ideologue, not necessarily them. Nobody here has ANY idea what their motivation is (if any aside from general maliciousness) yet you want to turn this into an anti-environmental screed. Embarrassing.

Sounds to me like YOU are the ideologue, not necessarily them. Nobody here has ANY idea what their motivation is (if any aside from general maliciousness) yet you want to turn this into an anti-environmental screed. Embarrassing.Sounds to me like YOU are the ideologue, not necessarily them. Nobody here has ANY idea what their motivation is (if any aside from general maliciousness) yet you want to turn this into an anti-environmental screed. Embarrassing. Talk about indoctrinated and a filtered view...

lonewolvie wrote:

Global warming indoctrination at it's finest, go out and wreck someone's Christmas display and credit yourself with "helping the planet". These people need to get a life.

That's not exactly taking the law into their own hands - it's simply breaking the law. Anyway, video surveill sounds ok but wouldn't an alarm system that goes off be a better deterrent in that you can respond to it immediately? Tripwires, infrared beams on the perimeters, whatever, and see if it triggers acidentally before putting the alarm outside where EVERYBODY in the neighborhood will be annoyed by the sound.

It also depends if there's usually someone at home to look out the window when it happens.

I showed the paintball video to a buddy of mine and it gave him an idea. We could rig up some paintball grenades. If anyone trips a line then the paint balls explode and paint whomever is in close range of the paint.

Nothing that hurts you just makes a mess of you. I am thinking about it.

No agendas or earth first stuff here just want to protect my personal property from stupid people that want to vandalize my property.

• 2 weeks later...

Score one for the junk yard dog. I have a dog I rescued from a land fill one year ago that who knows what he is breed wise. His most favorite thing in the world to do is to be chased or to chase something. Last night I went to put him out into the front yard to do his business.

Just as I put him out he started barking and chased three young men out of yard that apparently were inspecting my display up close. All three of them ran and jumped my front yard fence and into the back of a pickup and took off. Fortunately no damage was done and my dog is harmless he just likes to chase and run after things. He would never hurt anyone unless they were a cat. He loves to help exercise the neighborhood kitties.

I hope that is the limit of things for me. I hope everyone has a good holiday season.

Attached files 192034=10766-DSCF0655.JPG

Everyone be careful

I just found out you cant her people whio are tresspassing, or vandalising your stuff. I guess here in NY if you hurt someone with a paintball gun like I did with my sentry product, I can be sued. I guess its against the law to have secert or suprises for people. I have a sign. But it don't matter. They should have never have been there, but it don't matter. I got a ticket for $200 and i now have been threathen with a lawsue. So I don't want others to be in the same place as me, So CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS. I thought it would be fine, but I was clearly wrong. Even thought before they got hit with the paint balls they caused $500 in damage. The cops says it don't give me the right to do what I did. I was like What the F**K. Anyways watch out friends!

Ray

Sorry to hear of your troubles. It is discouraging to get a ticket for trying to protect yourself and be threatened with a law suite for stupid little tripes bent on vandalism.

I can only hope that people for the most part are basically good. I guess I just got lucky with the timing of letting my dog out just when some little tripes were in my yard.

Everyone have a good safe holiday season.

toddmoon wrote:

I showed the paintball video to a buddy of mine and it gave him an idea. We could rig up some paintball grenades. If anyone trips a line then the paint balls explode and paint whomever is in close range of the paint.

Nothing that hurts you just makes a mess of you. I am thinking about it.

No agendas or earth first stuff here just want to protect my personal property from stupid people that want to vandalize my property.

They don't work that way. its Kinetic energy that "sets" them off. they break or spray out through a hole when they hit a solid object. No exploding of any kind. now you could rig them to swing out of a tree and hit them.