Light-O-Rama Forums

Demo version save not able to Copy in licensed version?

Ed P

Here's an idea for Light-O-Rama: Set up an "unencryption" page on the LOR online store. As an LOR customer, I could register for an account and load it from my credit card or PayPal account.

The I could submit an encrypted sequence, and for a nominal charge (like $1 per sequence, or $.02 per track, or $.50 per minute) it would return the sequence unencrypted, without human intervention.

As an LOR user, I would gladly pay this, and LOR could keep track of any abuses of the system and deal with it then.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ed P

• rwertz

• Sthunder69

• cmoore60

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a newbie that fits one of the senario's earlier mentioned. I downloaded the demo software late spring, started sequencing before the sale. When the sale started I bought two controllers and the starter pack with Advance license, knowing that I would be expanding in the future. I'd been doing some lanscaping and remodeling for a neighbor and got paid well. I bought another card. I also got an early Christmas present of a better computer than what I was using for my main computer, so I erased and reloaded my old computer to use it as my show computer. Now I'm adding my new channels in and discovered copy/paste doesn't work and the origanal computer has been reloaded.

I understand the positions/reasons stated earlier and hope something can be resolved, it is fustrating not being able to quickly make adjustments to my early files.

I have most of my lights up and test running working out the bugs and loving it!

scubado wrote:

I'm a newbie that fits one of the senario's earlier mentioned. I downloaded the demo software late spring, started sequencing before the sale. When the sale started I bought two controllers and the starter pack with Advance license, knowing that I would be expanding in the future. I'd been doing some lanscaping and remodeling for a neighbor and got paid well. I bought another card. I also got an early Christmas present of a better computer than what I was using for my main computer, so I erased and reloaded my old computer to use it as my show computer. Now I'm adding my new channels in and discovered copy/paste doesn't work and the origanal computer has been reloaded.

LOR has never specified how the software "keys" to the PC. But I'm pretty sure you should be able to install the licensed software on your old PC, unlock the files, copy them back to the new PC, and edit them. (That's certainly what I would try.)

The license will install on up to 5 PCs without any issues. After that you would have to contact LOR to get the counter reset.

rwertz wrote:

scubado wrote:

LOR has never specified how the software "keys" to the PC. But I'm pretty sure you should be able to install the licensed software on your old PC, unlock the files, copy them back to the new PC, and edit them. (That's certainly what I would try.)

The license will install on up to 5 PCs without any issues. After that you would have to contact LOR to get the counter reset.

I agree with this advice and if it does not work.
Contact LOR because they can decrypt the sequences for you.