Light-O-Rama Forums

EDM LCD FM Transmitter group buy

jonstacey1

friskybri wrote:

I just purchased it. The only savings would have been 20 bucks. Just order it. Its getting close to crunch time. It takes over a month when you purchase it in a group. If it started today you wouldn't get it until November.

I understand where you are coming from and don't disagree. For some, as long as it is here by Thanksgiving that is good enough. For example, I don't do a Halloween display--just Christmas. And the 20 bucks is nearly the difference between a RDS and non-RDS unit (that is at least how I justify the splurge in my mind--or at least how I explained it to my wife!) :(

So my guess is that there are still several people that are interested in a group buy--IF it happens within the next several days or so.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taybrynn

• friskybri

• Surfing4Dough

• WayneKremer

Baelinc (PC member) and I have both been in contact with EDM, and are most likely going to be getting the ball rolling (quickly) on another group buy for EDM FM transmitters. We are still waiting to hear back the final details from EDM, but since time is ticking, Baelinc has started an online spreadsheet to start collecting info of those who are definitely interested in the group buy. We can't order until we have at least 10, so figured we better start now.

You can follow some of the discussion here: http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=33480

The link to the online form and details is here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDYtMGMxd3MxUHB3NjVyc2pFaXJvZkE6MA

Since Baelinc is a D-Light user, I will be the one who posts updates in the LOR forums.

Wow, EDM finally has the RDS product out! I see a mini USB connector on the unit. Do you know what software you need in order to transmit RDS data?

stanward wrote:

Wow, EDM finally has the RDS product out! I see a mini USB connector on the unit. Do you know what software you need in order to transmit RDS data?

Others will be able to comment on this more, but the first post in the thread below has a very good tutorial:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=19627&forum_id=25&highlight=EDM

The group buy for the EDM FM Transmitter with RDS (Model EDM-LCD-RDS-EP) is officially on!

Baelinc at PlanetChristmas is the main contact for this (I am helping with the LOR forums). Cost is $220-$22 (10% off) = $198 + $15 shipping =$213 total. Don't miss out on this sale. There won't be another group buy sale this year.

Below is from his post at PC (http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=35017 )

I have been in contact with EDM and I am trying to setup a group buy for the transmitter with RDS. We currently have 6 people on the list and we are waiting for 4 more. If you are wanting to jump in this deal with us, please fill out the following form:

[align=center]Submit your info here[/align]
I would like to have this group information submitted to EDM by no later than Saturday, October 3, 2009. To make the purchase the group is given a personalize website address for our group buy which you will use to purchase your transmitter at a 10% discount. All monies will go straight to EDM, not to myself. So, if you are interested please hurry and sign up. The reason I am speeding this process up is to meet dead lines for shipping the transmitters this month. I was given an ETA of 3-4 weeks.

UPDATE: EDM just told me here is no maximum number on the group buy so if we get 15 people those 15 will be in 1 group and will not have to wait on the additional 5 people. So, how ever many people we have on Saturday night at 8pm CST that will be the number that I will send off to EDM.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

The group buy for the EDM FM Transmitter with RDS (Model EDM-LCD-RDS-EP) is officially on!

Update from baelinc at PC:

Update! The 10 transmitter minimum has been met. But you still have an opportunity to get in on the group buy as we have been given the OK by EDM to accept more that 10 orders for a single group buy.

Just a quick update... I wanted to let everyone know that Saturday I will email EDM the list of people and once I receive the payment link, I will be emailing those out to you. But, EDM has put a deadline on the Payments. The payment dead line is Friday, October 9th. So, how ever many people we have on the list Saturday night 10/3 at 8pm CST that will be the number that I will send off to EDM.

So tonight is the deadline to sign up for the group buy. More info here: http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=35017

Submit your info here (link)

Update from baelinc at PC:

The group buy is now CLOSED. I have emailed EDM the list. Once I receive the link, I will be emailing it out soon afterward. Everyone who is part of the group buy, please make payment ASAP. The soon the payment is made the shorter the wait will be. As long as their are 10 transmitters sold by Friday, the group buy will be closed by EDM.

EthanP wrote:

Great. One day late. Guess I'll just buy it myself. The "EDM-LCD-RDS-EP" is the best buy if I want RDS, right?

Correct. Sorry you missed it.

Hi all.

I am working on getting one final group buy on the EDM units.

Hopefully, we can start gathering member pre-orders (gathering interested members and emails) today.

It will work similar to the last one, 10% discount, and the pre-order(s) accepted through this Friday, with sale to hopefully occur on Sat and Sun. Shipment to buyers (from EDM) by Thanksgiving Day. Those placing a pre-order will get an email with the sale link and can provide their member name (same name provided on pre-order) when they purchase using paypal (from EDM).

Stay tuned ...

Scott / taybrynn

Ok, here is the pre-order page for the final EDM group buy for 2009.

Details are on the pre-order form.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dEYzc2UwOEo3YWpsTDI4cXl3T2hwUUE6MA

Provided we get at least 10 pre-order(s) placed, the sale link will be emailed out Saturday, and orders should be placed Saturday or Sunday (next weekend).

Scott / taybrynn