Light-O-Rama Forums

How to set standalone sequence for Pixel Stakes

Achint Mehta

I had purchased the "CPC Package - 40 Pixel Stakes" (https://store.lightorama.com/products/cpc-package-pixel-stakes.) 
I am using Sequence editor version 6.1.6 with Pro license. 
I am able to turn on the LEDs from the hardware utility. 
From the sequence editor I can create and test the sequence if I set set to 4 motion effects rows. If I don't set any motion effect rows then all the effect rows seem to be disabled and I cannot put any effect on them.
I am trying to put a simpe fade effect and am not sure if I need to use motion effects or not, but I don't know any ther way to do it.

In the Hardware Utility > Standalone tab when I select the sequence to put in the controller, I see the Opne dialg box support on LAS file. So when I tried to export the sequece as LAS file in sequence editor I get the warning "This sequence contains motion effects! Only channel effects will be saved in the legacy LAS file."
Upon trying to use thus LAS sequence on the hardware utiltiy I get the error "No Channels in Sequence". 
I am fairly new to this ecosystem and not sure how should I create my sequence for standalone operation for Pixie 4.
Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

LORSequencer_zztk8SMSMw.png

So after some experimentation I found out that if I select the "Dumb RGB (3 channels)" option then I don't have to use the motion effects.

But when I run the   animation only first pixel on every port turns on.

Not sure which config need to be changed to fix this.

image.png.8fd3f61d636bbcdb56f324803a2c8e2f.png

image.png

HU Resolution of 1 says treat the port as 1 node. (AKA dumb RGB). I think you want to leave that at 50

How many nodes per stake? Do you want to control each node  as a group (All node 1 ... on all stakes do the same)?

@TheDucks Thanks for responding. I changed the Logical resolution to 50 in the Hardware utility (everything else is the same.)  still see the same behaviour i.e. only first LED is turns on, everything else on that port is off. 

> Do you want to control each node  as a group (All node 1 ... on all stakes do the same)?

Yeah, that would be good. But right now I am trying to get anything tow work i.e. get all LEDs turned on and upload the sequence in standalone mode.

Someone will have to help you with the S5 part.  BTW I just noticed: Your profile say S5 and you image in post#1 says S6

>BTW I just noticed: Your profile say S5 and you image in post#1 says S6

Thanks. Fixed the profile. I just installed S6 to see if new software could give more information about this issue. 

I had a hard time also. I set up where I programed each pixel, set the unit as 1 and was finally able to get it to upload and work correctly 

@turbojack I am also willing to program each pixel to get this to work. You mentioned that you set the unit as 1. Where do I need to set this (in Hardware Utility, Prop Definition, or somewhere else.) Could you share your configuration that worked.   

11 minutes ago, Achint Mehta said:

@turbojack I am also willing to program each pixel to get this to work. You mentioned that you set the unit as 1. Where do I need to set this (in Hardware Utility, Prop Definition, or somewhere else.) Could you share your configuration that worked.   

Unit ID AKA LOR ID .  Remember A Pixie uses (mandatory) 1 ID per port.   It says Pixie4 is in this package. Each port is an ID starting from the base (which is what you set).

I would make the controller ID 28 (29,2A,2B are inherited), that leave space for a swap-out upgrade to a Pixie8 😛 (been there, done that)

I have a copy of the preview,  I used for my pixels sticks. You would just need to modify it to have the correct unit numbers for you and for the number of sticks you have. I have 80.

Then import it into to working preview. 

I can't upload it here as it is too large. If you email me at stevehoyt@comcast.net I will send it to you.

Thanks everyone for trying to help, but it seems that I cannot connect to my pixel controller now. The status of the controller shows up as "02 - BootLoader-PIX04" in the Hardware Utility and the Red LED keeps blinking. Not Sure what the issue is.

So for the "02 - BootLoader-PIX04" it seems that it was happening because of some config I set in the hardware utility. After several tries I was able to undo that change and it fixed the problem.

@TheDucks Thank you for mentioning that each port has separate unit id. That makes sense. After reading your and @turbojack's response I added more pixels that seemed to work. I was able to ger other LEDs to work.