Light-O-Rama Forums

Multi colors within one rgb string

coronabob

I have purchased some candy canes that use 16 rgb modules per each. I want to segment these by colors and change them within the sequencer. I have 5.6.8 on a laptop for learning S5. So I have a little learning curve yet to go. I have use Super star for my circles, megatree etc. But first time diving into this. Is there a way to sequence each individual pixel/module in a prop? I have pixie 4 on its way to experiment with. In other words, segement the canes as stripes.

when I have multi props that I want to sequence separately but they are all on one pixel string, I create each prop separately. Here is an example of what I do in my show. I have three 50 pixel arches that are assigned to one unit ID #01. I created 3 arch props and arch 001 is assigned to unit 01 Circuit's 1 thru 150. the second arch 002 is assigned to the same unit 01 but the circuits are 151 thru 300. the third is assigned to unit 01 circuits 301 to 450. Then once I place them in the preview where I want them I create a prop group with all 3 arches and that now allows me to sequence them individually or as a group. and that group could be added to a larger Whole display group.  I forgot to mention that when I create the group, under the arrangement window I choose "use preview" with the resolution set to High Res. This is just my why not the only way. It can also be done with one prop and multiple custom Motion effects rows. Good luck and have fun with it. 

Kenny

15 hours ago, coronabob said:
15 hours ago, coronabob said:

I have purchased some candy canes that use 16 rgb modules per each. I want to segment these by colors and change them within the sequencer. I have 5.6.8 on a laptop for learning S5. So I have a little learning curve yet to go. I have use Super star for my circles, megatree etc. But first time diving into this. Is there a way to sequence each individual pixel/module in a prop? I have pixie 4 on its way to experiment with. In other words, segement the canes as stripes.

Is there a way to sequence each individual pixel/module in a prop? I have pixie 4 on its way to experiment with. In other words, segement the canes as stripes.

After reading your post one more time, I get what you are trying to do and yes the SignGuy's way is one way. You can also use custom motion effects row to accomplish the same thing. this is with in the prop edit screen. How to do this is simple. add a motion effect row, choose CUSTOM and in the prop pixel layout high lite only the pixels you want to turn on for one color. Then create another Motion effect row and choose Custom and Highlight another row of pixels in the prop you want as one color and keep adding rows until you have each color you want associated to each row. there is no end to the rows you can create with any combination of pixels in each prop. and you can also do the same thing in Groups of props. I have used both Channel level on props and custom effects rows and I prefer the Motion effect row method. Hope this helps

I have the same candy canes.  To do it in Sequencer, SignGuy got it right.  I sequence them exclusively in SuperStar.

On 12/14/2021 at 1:23 PM, Box on Rails said:

...How to do this is simple. add a motion effect row, choose CUSTOM and in the prop pixel layout high lite only the pixels you want to turn on for one color. Then create another Motion effect row and choose Custom and Highlight another row of pixels in the prop you want as one color and keep adding rows until you have each color you want associated to each row. there is no end to the rows you can create with any combination of pixels in each prop. and you can also do the same thing in Groups of props....

@Box on Rails I tried to do this last night with some new Boscoyo 99 light Candy Canes, and although I can create the custom rows easily, I cannot seem to get them to show up on the sequence grid.  I have removed the prop from the grid and re-added and still only shows the default motion row that was present when I loaded the prop initially.  Yet if I select to edit the prop all the custom rows are there.  What am I missing? 

Thanks everyone. I will work through this until I get it. I am getting a little older and I forget some of the basics of LOR. So, here I go. Will let you all know how it goes.

Wahoo, got that to work. Now for sequencing. Won't do much until this years show is done. Can't thank The SignGuy enough.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hasslerk said:

@Box on Rails I tried to do this last night with some new Boscoyo 99 light Candy Canes, and although I can create the custom rows easily, I cannot seem to get them to show up on the sequence grid.  I have removed the prop from the grid and re-added and still only shows the default motion row that was present when I loaded the prop initially.  Yet if I select to edit the prop all the custom rows are there.  What am I missing? 

I have never had that  happen to me. I have had issues when I edit or add effects rows inside a sequence. the sequence preview would change but the main preview was not. I had to open the preview outside any sequence and make the same changes there. You might try exporting (save) the prop with all the ME rows from the sequence prop preview window. once saved delete the existing prop and then import the saved prop and see if that fixes it. I will have to play around with the sequence editor to see if I can make that issue happen and then find the work around. 

I just thought of another thing to try, in the grid view, Right click on the prop and then select Add/Modify Motion effects to see if the Motion effects rows you created are there. I don't think they are there but if they are, press save and see if they now are in the grid view. If they are not there then the above work around may work. 

16 hours ago, coronabob said:

Can't thank The SignGuy enough.

No problem. I believe I had the same question a few weeks ago that @k6ccc gave the answer to. I'm just relaying that info and it worked for me.

• Like 1