Light-O-Rama Forums

Pictures of setups

51phiveoh

6 minutes ago, Dcroc said:

I actually have a lot of pixels.   I still end up using 8 AC controllers.   I would love to lose the blowmold,  LED mega tree,  and whatever other old school props I use, but the wife simply will not let go.  What I need to do is make her think I like the old school props,  and then she will not want them used anymore.😁

This year, My megatree is mostly Dumb RGB. 1 string instead of many on each 'branch' (2 CMB24's to run most of the tree) There are still a couple of thing that are 120V left.

I converted many Candy Canes to use WW LED strips last year. Still, nothing beats SPT /120V for powering things that are spaced a bit apart

So I actually managed to get my behind-the-scenes video done this year.  I split it into 2 parts as it got rather long (but it is a big display):

8400 Lights - 2019 Holiday Show Behind-the-Scenes Tour (Part 1)

8400 Lights - 2019 Holiday Show Behind-the-Scenes Tour (Part 2)

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 7:41 AM, 51phiveoh said:

Hello...I'm a visual person and love looking at the completed videos to get ideas of how to set up my light show...

But, was wondering if you all had pics of how your setup looks in your garage (or wherever you set up your controls) so I can get an idea of space needed, what it looks like with all those extension cords running from the control panels...etc.

Thanks.

I have 2 16 ac channel controllers, the one under my eve, I use 10 channels for the roof, but I have electrical 3 way plugs to split (mirror that channel) to a net light, bush, spiral tree, or something else in my yard. The other 6 channels are for 6 sections of blue rope light in the grass, also mirrored to things around the yard. I need to get more controllers lol. Then I have a 4 channel pixie controller behind the bush for my 4 arches. Smart pixels. Not dumb. This is my first year for the arches. My 2nd controller for the east yard. It’s mounted to my garage wall for another 16 channels( 1 for Santa outline, I could plug him into a permanent outlet but I don’t ) 2 for his upper and lower mustache) then the red and white rope lights and some mirror other things as well. I ran a cat 5 into my attic along with some long rca cables( I have a soundbar under my eve using the headphone jack under my eve) through my ceiling ( my house has up ducts, I didn’t poke a hole in my ceiling, and I’m not worried about the heat or cooling loss) kinda tacky wiring in my front room to my little corner laptop. I intended for it to be in the garage this year, oops. The blue light on the edge of my wife’s Christmas village is my fm transmitter. The cat 5 goes from my red USB adapter on my laptop, out to my first controller under the eve. Then a cat 6 out to the controller in the yard, another cat 6 from the yard doubles back to the eve at the controller, used a Ethernet double female plug to connect 2 cables together, and ran an Ethernet cable under my eaves around to the 2nd 16 channel controller. 

My 3 controllers, I like others noting controllers near things I have extension cords everywhere lol  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o5n8101fydggboc/AAAPpKu196iATqDBoMz8pvBza?dl=0

pink tree and my ho ho ho, are mirrored to different main roof sections, since they can’t be seen at the same time. 
2 small clips of back and side and a minute from the front. 
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/krmgnb4sglfqsc0/AADo4n5LYcCh4-ELfnT4Qoq9a?dl=0

the tree on the far right In the yard Is a tree with 3 tree dazzlers on it

• The topic was locked