Top Posters In This Topic

• PhilMassey

• Crimson Lane Lights Etown

• Brianc_1978

• ebrown1972

On 12/26/2019 at 6:42 PM, Brianc_1978 said:

What are the title of these threads? I'm not finding any from my search

Brian,

This may be a little late, but here is how I control my Moving Head Lights. I opted to go wireless because of the disance from the PC. This thread is from the way back machine.

Edited by default

• 1 month later...

I just acquired 2x Tomshine 80w moving heads at 90.45 each on ebay with free shipping.  They arrived timely and work as described.  I put them on a Killowatt meter and they are indeed 50watt LED power and up to 80watt total power depending on the action.  Compared to the 8watt LED, 30watt total units I used the last two years, these are bright.  Tomshine 80w tot 50w LED    I do like the look and feel of the front buttons.  The display options are unique.  They have a blackout mode.  I am using This DMX unit .

They look very similar to mine. The shape gobos have different patterns though.Mine claim to be 60W and are pretty bright. Not beam forming of course unless it's foggy.

I run mine off a spare LOR adaptor and had six of them outside, but under my eaves this year.

• 7 months later...

I like this thread.  So for 2020 I'm going wireless on the four Moving Heads in my show using S5.  Universe One DMX (1-11, 22-32, 33-43, 44-54).

Sequencing is not easy, but I have found a pattern to use that helps.  I'm using an Actidongle with a Wireless Transmitter plugged into the dmx port.  That sends a signal to the Wireless receivers plugged into the Moving Heads.  The receivers are battery powered and last 8 hours.  So I will have to charge them after the show over night or during the day.  Granted, I already have all the dmx cables from previous years, much cheaper than buying wireless, but I'm about reducing clutter around my show laptop area in the garage.  We'll see. 

Below is a list of items I currently use.

Actidongle

Tomshine 80W 9/11

Donner Transmitter

Donner rechargable receiver

p.s.  the links and prices are not actually where I bought or paid.  Look around for better deals, they always change!