Light-O-Rama Forums

FM transmitter group buy on EDM LCD ends 10/31/08

taybrynn

Well Scott,

Batch #8

It came today!!!! Put it together in a few minutes and had it up and running shortly there after. With the temp antenna I get about a block from the house before it starts to break up. Cant wait to see what it will do when the antenna is outside of the basement.

Thanks again

John

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taybrynn

• tmadak

• garyfunk

• hbomb341

Great news :D ... please keep me posted when you get yours and comments on your assembly and operational testing are also very fun to read about.

Actually, toolguy was in batch#8 (not #9) ... I don't want batch#9 folks to get too excited just yet. There was a 9-10 delay between betch#8 and #9 ...

Scott

Updates on EDM group buys:

The first of batch #9 shipments started arriving with buyers on this past weekend. Should be completed by early next week.

Batch#10 has not arrived in the US yet. Those are at least two weeks out, but EDM knows that folks need them before thanksgiving weekend.

There will be no more group buys in 2008 ... sorry to anyone who missed out.:(
You can still place orders on the regular EDM web site: :(

http://www.edmdesign.com/orders.html

Part# EDM-TX-LCD-EP ($172 shipped) EDM LCD - flagship (the group buy model)
or
Part# EDM-TX-110EP ($126 shipped) EDM LED - 10/100 adjustable power model
or

Part# EDM-TX-10P ($102 shipped) EDM LED - 10mw fixed power model
get this if your thinking fm25b,
ccrane or ebay transmitter.

Scott

I just received mine from batch #9 :D
actually, they tried to deliver it Saturday, but I had it shipped to my business and wasn't here Saturday :(

I guess I'll be warming up the soldering station tonight!!

It wasn't more than a few days after I received my LCD that I couldn't help voiding the warranty by hooking it up to my Pira32 RDS encoder. ;)

See this on how I modified it, and this for info about my RDS encoder.

Steven wrote:

It wasn't more than a few days after I received my LCD that I couldn't help voiding the warranty by hooking it up to my Pira32 RDS encoder. :P

See this on how I modified it, and this for info about my RDS encoder.

You have to love the Internet. Thanks for posting this.

Batch#10 update -- they ship out stateside on Monday. Most folks should get theirs next week (wed,thur,fri,sat) ... perhaps distant locales by mon 11/17 at the very latest.

:DA Batch #11 surprise!! :P

EDM has discussed with me (just today) the possibility of taking over a stateside bulk order that went South (no payment) ... thus resulting in us being able to acquire a few more transmitters (stateside!) at the group buy pricing! ... but only 10 transmitters are available, so act quickly if your serious about getting a great transmitter.

[align=center]The sale will start midnight tonight (SA time) ...
2 PM PST
3 PM MST
4 PM CST
5 PM EST
[/align]
This batch will close on THIS Sunday (at midnight SA time) 11/9 or when all 10 are sold, whichever happens first. They will all ship out Wednesday 11/12 and should arrive within a week from then. This is a really great (and rare) opportunity to get the hot new transmitter for a great price and with less wait than normal (normally about 3-4 weeks wait time for group buys).

Please send me a PM if you want that sale page link.

** If/When you place your order on the sale page, place specify your member name in the paypal 'note to seller' when prompted.

Payment is by paypal and you can pay with a credit card (and no paypal account).

I'll post a new thread, since this one ended 10/31 ... but please provide me your , and .

Please, only serious inquires only. The same rules/terms apply as before, 10 post minimum (to qualify as member), members only.

Regards,
Scott / taybrynn

[align=center]edmlcdgroupbuyv080508.jpg
[/align]
The details are the same as before.

How to purchase:
PM me 4 the link -- http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/pm.php?send_to=taybrynn

My sincere apologies ... this is one of those things that wasn't ever planned ... I just found out about it this morning myself.

You didn't get ripped off either way ... these things should be selling for a lot more than they do (full priced), IMHO.

The quality defies the price, esp. from what I'm hearing for other members.

taybrynn wrote:

My sincere apologies ... this is one of those things that wasn't ever planned ... I just found out about it this morning myself.

You didn't get ripped off either way ... these things should be selling for a lot more than they do (full priced), IMHO.

The quality defies the price, esp. from what I'm hearing for other members.

Oh no, I have no complaints about saving a few dollars. I have read all the posts and I agree, from what I have read and other reviews, this is a good deal regardless of any discount. And since it comes partially assembled, it's the best deal to be found. I would have loved to help get the number to 10. I look forward to receiving the unit and putting it online. I may even do the RDS mod.

While I am here, I had a thought of doing spots between plays, telling of other houses using the LOR PC. Little ads, let us call them, of other crazy people with lots of flashing lights, in the Denver area.

Gary,

Thanks for the quick followup.

You might want to get on the local Colorado (lighting enthusiasts) list ... we had our first get together in October down here in Castle Rock. Our organizer has been Scot Meyers from the PC board. You can also PM with your name, phone, address, email (or whatever your comfortable sharing) and I'll pass that along to the other Scot (with one "t"). In fact there were three Colorado Scott's at the meeting, Scot Meyers, myself (taybrynn) and member Gizmo. All great guys.

We have a email list of all the other colorado members and contact information.

We may be having a get together at my house in Feb ... but since your so close we should meet sometime. There was another member there from Littleton ... James.

I like the idea of spots between songs, but I would not promote others displays, simply because a number of us prefer to keep them small and somewhat obscure and community oriented. I'm like that, but do maintain a simple website (that I don't promote).

I met Dan from Co. Springs at our meeting ... and he has a great show, but insists on no publicity ... just to keep the traffic mellow and its been working for him. I'd feel bad if I promoted him against his wishes.

My advice, being my first year doing this ... is to keep it small and don't do media interviews of any kind ... unless you want a LOT of traffic and know your neighbors can handle it.

Scott

You make a very good point. I do not wish a lot of traffic as this is also my first year. We moved to our current house less than a year ago. I will send you my information and I look forward to meeting everyone in the future. I have two PC16s and may be able to order one more before the end of the year. Home Depot, here I come.

Thanks for the information. I'll be in touch.

Edit:

Maybe some "Toys for Tots" kind of ads. Something to get the listeners to think about those that don't have lights (and crazy neighbors).

Sounds good.

Ok, batch#11 sale page is now active.

PM me if interested for the special ordering page link.

Now thru Sunday 6PM EST ... or when all 10 are sold.

Scott

FYI

The EDM batch#11 weekend sale is now over.

Thanks to all those that participated and thanks to EDM for
considering our group for another discount opportunity.

Scott