Light-O-Rama Forums

2019 Mad Grab sale!

k6ccc

If they are E1.31, they will work equally well on S4 or S5 (or even the later versions of S3).

On 4/3/2019 at 12:13 PM, SantaLudy said:

Hey everyone.  Is there a reason that the two Pixel Controllers are not in this Sale?

Pixie16 Smart Pixel Controller
trans_1x1.gif Pixie16 Smart Pixel Controller
trans_1x1.gif
Controller for 16 strings of 100 pixels
trans_1x1.gif
$99.95
trans_1x1.gif
trans_1x1.gif
PixCon16 Smart Pixel Controller
trans_1x1.gif PixCon16 Smart Pixel Controller
trans_1x1.gif
Smart Pixel Controller. Supports over 5000 pixels.
trans_1x1.gif
$219.95

They just added them to the Sale.

On 4/3/2019 at 6:08 PM, Mr. P said:

My show is getting pretty big as I add new stuff every year. Unlike some others on here, cough,,,cough,,,dibblejr,,,cough,,,cough,,, I don't want to have eight networks. I like the fact that I can run my show on two, one RS485 and one E1.31.

I love having multiple networks to keep the RGB props going. 

I wish 8 was enough though.

JR

• Like 1

Would LOR consider adding round pixels packages to the sale as well? I really need a 16x100 pixel set 12v with pixcon but would prefer it to be round pixels instead of the square. 

Edited by TitusCarnathan

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I would love to make a tree out of these pixels but at $100 a string they are just too stinking expensive.

They have 'Gland nuts"! They must be water proof.  How about DIY with bullets or flat and Ping-Pong balls RTV'd in place?

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I would love to make a tree out of these pixels but at $100 a string they are just too stinking expensive.

Pixels.JPG.e37d0cb9fda026a0d414eadc7acff28b.JPG

I do recall a recent post about a monthly bonus check, that should cover enough strings for that MT.

Tarriffs, give them a year and they will come down.

Have a link?

JR

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

I’m gonna need a 20 port USB hub pretty soon.

JR

That's all? Probably more then that.  😁

Just now, dibblejr said:

40 per string - need 2 strings per tree row. Only 90 available in July, not enough to build a tree.

JR

Adding them to my wish list  96 each, $9,600 did I just say that?  😪

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr. P said:

That's all? Probably more then that.  😁

JK, I’m happy with my 12-14 networks. Not adding a whole lot this year and have enough wiggle room to add what I am adding. 

It would be nice to have one single usb hub vs the 2 I use now. But they have been trouble free just take up space on my shelf.

Only needing some more 50w floods to add to the 3 I got from my friend here last year.

Building 5 more pixie16’s luckily have all of that.

JR

17 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Pixels.JPG.e37d0cb9fda026a0d414eadc7acff28b.JPG

what a nice set!

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Looks like I am heading to the gas station to get my Powerball and Mega Millions tickets.  😂

Must be nice! Alabama voters want it but the powers will not even vote to bring it up for a vote! 

Then at election time the voters drink the coolest new flavor cool aid and forget about the lottery. ~ repeat

JR

18 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I’m gonna need a 20 port USB hub pretty soon.

JR

You need to add a USB card on the main data bus. The throughput of the hub is limited by the port (hub) it is plugged into.

Intel ports (and probably others ) Have settings  to control % of port sharing on hubs (I CAN"T find where I saw this :()

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

JK, I’m happy with my 12-14 networks. Not adding a whole lot this year and have enough wiggle room to add what I am adding. 

It would be nice to have one single usb hub vs the 2 I use now. But they have been trouble free just take up space on my shelf.

Remember that if you have 14, you can only go two more LOR networks....

3 hours ago, TheDucks said:

You need to add a USB card on the main data bus. The throughput of the hub is limited by the port (hub) it is plugged into.

Intel ports (and probably others ) Have settings  to control % of port sharing on hubs (I CAN"T find where I saw this :()

I use two Blackwebb 7 port hubs and two additional ports on my gaming laptop. Haven’t tried a third hub yet but I was able to take 14 to 12 networks last Christmas.

i have 2 hubs for expansion but I have 2 ports not completely maxed. If I am able to do a show this year I am only adding less that 10k more pixels and 7 RGB floods- I hope to be good.

JR

Edited by dibblejr