Light-O-Rama Forums

8, 10W RGB Flood sequences for Halloween

zing

• 2 weeks later...

@zing 1st year trying to set this up, can use all the help I can get :).   I wont sell or share your files wkdtsla@gmail.com also, will it work with only having 4 strobes?

• 2 weeks later...

I am also launching into floods this year.  If anyone is still sharing sequences could someone shoot some to dr_aplet@hotmail.com.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 12:29 PM, Sean5545 said:

Send your email, I’ll share what I have for my RGB floods. 

HI Sean,   I know this thread is a couple years old.  I'm adding RGB floods to my display this year.  I'd love anything you might be willing to share, be it Halloween, or Christmas.  I'm on S4 and have the 8 channel RGB flood kit from LOR, along with a couple faces and I think about 32 other channels.

Thanks so much

Michaelrrhodes@gmail.com

I appreciate anything you have and willing to share.  I will not sell, trade, claim, or otherwise use your work for anything other than my own personal home display.

Edited by Rhizzlebop

On 9/21/2021 at 7:36 PM, Dr_Aplet said:

I am also launching into floods this year.  If anyone is still sharing sequences could someone shoot some to dr_aplet@hotmail.com.

8 minutes ago, Rhizzlebop said:

HI Sean,   I know this thread is a couple years old.  I'm adding RGB floods to my display this year.  I'd love anything you might be willing to share, be it Halloween, or Christmas.  I'm on S4 and have the 8 channel RGB flood kit from LOR, along with a couple faces and I think about 32 other channels.

Thanks so much

Michaelrrhodes@gmail.com

I appreciate anything you have and willing to share.  I will not sell, trade, claim, or otherwise use your work for anything other than my own personal home display.

Sent sorry for the delay

Thank you very much Zing.  This is a great start for my RGBs would have taken me weeks to do each one.  Got one loaded up now and i am working away. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 8:17 AM, zing said:

Sent sorry for the delay

On 10/3/2021 at 10:21 PM, Dr_Aplet said:

Thank you very much Zing.  This is a great start for my RGBs would have taken me weeks to do each one.  Got one loaded up now and i am working away. 

Thank you Zing!   You're awesome and I really appreciate it.

I'm thinking about going ahead and setting up my new RGB flood set for Halloween now.

Is it complicated to change the controller assigned number?

What I mean is, when I do christmas, I'll have 4 total controllers, and the RGBs are probably gonna be last in the chain.  

For Halloween, I will just have the RGB controller in use, or maybe one more just for the purpose of daisy chaining because of where I have to place  the controllers and wiring.  So, I'm guessing I'd need to assign the RGB as controller 2, but then later it will be controller 04.

Is that a big deal? I don't wanna make this complicated when I start getting christmas decorations out.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Rhizzlebop said:

What I mean is, when I do christmas, I'll have 4 total controllers, and the RGBs are probably gonna be last in the chain.  

For Halloween, I will just have the RGB controller in use, or maybe one more just for the purpose of daisy chaining because of where I have to place  the controllers and wiring.  So, I'm guessing I'd need to assign the RGB as controller 2, but then later it will be controller 04.

Is that a big deal? I don't wanna make this complicated when I start getting christmas decorations out.

Thanks

You don't need to change the controller number. So whatever you're going to use for Christmas and Halloween is all one in the same. The system doesn't care what it's called. I only run RGBs For my Halloween display and never change the controller number

On 10/5/2021 at 4:50 AM, Rhizzlebop said:

Thank you Zing!   You're awesome and I really appreciate it.

I'm thinking about going ahead and setting up my new RGB flood set for Halloween now.

Thanks

What i found is that the CMD24 RGB controller still uses dipswitches and my 16 PC can be programmed using the "LOR Hardware" software its easier to just set the dipswitch and leave it alone.  i had both the RGB and regular controller on the same channel accidentally and the 16PC won each time.  once i reprogrammed my 16PC to another channel the software found them both.  even if i changed the dipswitch it still wouldn't find it unless the the 16pc was disconnected.  its way easier to move the controllers to 2, 3, 4, 5 instead.  for what its worth. 

20 hours ago, Dr_Aplet said:

What i found is that the CMD24 RGB controller still uses dipswitches and my 16 PC can be programmed using the "LOR Hardware" software its easier to just set the dipswitch and leave it alone.  i had both the RGB and regular controller on the same channel accidentally and the 16PC won each time.  once i reprogrammed my 16PC to another channel the software found them both.  even if i changed the dipswitch it still wouldn't find it unless the the 16pc was disconnected.  its way easier to move the controllers to 2, 3, 4, 5 instead.  for what its worth. 

On 10/5/2021 at 9:20 AM, zing said:

You don't need to change the controller number. So whatever you're going to use for Christmas and Halloween is all one in the same. The system doesn't care what it's called. I only run RGBs For my Halloween display and never change the controller number

So you guys are saying, if I set my RGB to be the 4th controller, I guess controller 04, which I think is assigned to specific channels in my sequence by the same number (I think) then it doesn't matter if there is a controller 2 or 3 currently hooked up or not, it'll just ignore those and see this as it is, controler 04?

2 minutes ago, Rhizzlebop said:

So you guys are saying, if I set my RGB to be the 4th controller, I guess controller 04, which I think is assigned to specific channels in my sequence by the same number (I think) then it doesn't matter if there is a controller 2 or 3 currently hooked up or not, it'll just ignore those and see this as it is, controler 04?

it does not have to be sequential in what controllers you have.  That controller number is an address.  when data is sent with that address (01, 02, ...99) it does only the operations assigned to that address.  so you can have controller 50, 2,31 and 12 all hooked up as long as your sequence is programmed with those controller addresses it should work.  what i found since i am brand new particularly to the CMB24 is that it did not like having its address changed so i changed my 16pc controller.  i will need to update all my Christmas sequences to the new address but i will do that i in a few weeks

16 hours ago, Dr_Aplet said:

it does not have to be sequential in what controllers you have.  That controller number is an address.  when data is sent with that address (01, 02, ...99) it does only the operations assigned to that address.  so you can have controller 50, 2,31 and 12 all hooked up as long as your sequence is programmed with those controller addresses it should work.  what i found since i am brand new particularly to the CMB24 is that it did not like having its address changed so i changed my 16pc controller.  i will need to update all my Christmas sequences to the new address but i will do that i in a few weeks

Excellent,

I think i'm gonna go ahead and get my RGB setup in the yard soon, and see if I can do some spooky lighting effects for Halloween, and that'll just be in place when Halloween is over and I start putting up my Christmas stuff.

Do you put a bucket or something down over these expensive controllers?  I know they are in a weather enclosure but still, every bit helps I think.

I'm working on making my 8 minitrees today, started yesterday.

Oh, last thing.   If anyone has any neat ideas to attach these RGB floods to gutters let me know.   I'll have some of mine in the yard, and some will be on my gutters shining at upper parts of the house.  Looking for a quality little way tog et it sort of mounted there for about 2.5 months. 

3 hours ago, Rhizzlebop said:

Excellent,

I think i'm gonna go ahead and get my RGB setup in the yard soon, and see if I can do some spooky lighting effects for Halloween, and that'll just be in place when Halloween is over and I start putting up my Christmas stuff.

Do you put a bucket or something down over these expensive controllers?  I know they are in a weather enclosure but still, every bit helps I think.

I'm working on making my 8 minitrees today, started yesterday.

Oh, last thing.   If anyone has any neat ideas to attach these RGB floods to gutters let me know.   I'll have some of mine in the yard, and some will be on my gutters shining at upper parts of the house.  Looking for a quality little way tog et it sort of mounted there for about 2.5 months. 

My controllers are mounted on Poles or stands. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hd_tNtm1qfVcGD4CyMliD9ESZ26Pr2pO/view?usp=sharing

Yes, this is up on the roof https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GNbvb6PCypJm5oxizE3Ff1iLBckuno9m/view?usp=sharing on a TV antenna mount.

FWIW All my poles have an eye bolt at the top so I can hang them  off season

IMHO it is important to keep the bottom of the Box at least 18" above grade (the splash zone) and protect any unused (open) dongles below from dirt or water.  Some folk use storage tubs (leak proof lids). I am not a fan as they trap heat or IF water does make it in 😲, the board can soak.

I was checking out my RGB floods yesterday seeing how to mount them.  I thought they might come a little more ready to go.

Seeing as I have to come up with a mount, wanted to see if yall had any ideas?

As of now, I think I'm just gonna cut a strip of 2x4 about 6 inches long.

Drill a hole through the 1.5" way the size of a small bolt, prob 1/4".  Then drill a larger counter sink on the bottom as deep as the bolt head is thick.

Stick the bolt through the board, and through the small hole in the rgb arm, put a washer and nut on it and secure with a wrench.

For the ones in my gutters, basically the same thing, but prob a 12" piece of board, and screw a vertical strip of metal to the back end edge of the board that will stick down to the bottom of the gutter.  So, it'll be sitting one end of the board on shingles, and the other, resting on the metal edge in the gutter box, and it'll be sitting up level (NOT angled with the sloped roof). 

I think I'll have 3-4 on the ground, and 3 on the gutter, and at least 1 secured to my banisrrr, maybe a cheap harbor freight wood clamp that I wont care if it rusts. 

Also, i'm gonna search the forum here.  But, I'm looking to buy some LED string lights for these trees and arches.  Last year I got from walmart 400 ct (4 x 100) sets, could pick any color, and they were under $24 a box.

This year, walmart keeps showing those specific items are not in stock. can't find similiar on their site.  Been to lowes and HD, and small 100 ct LEDs are over 10 a box, and no bigger boxes or rolls like the 400.

I think I need prob 200 for each tree x 8, and prob 1600 for the two arches.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am a newcomer from the island of Malta. Just purchased my first 16 channel starter pack which is still being shipped. I would like to know where I can buy 16 channel sequencers and furthermore would appreciate of there is anyone who can share some so I can get started. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

New to LOR and just purchased some floods for starters.  If anyone is still sharing flood sequences I would love to check them out - thanks mick@gday.com Cheers!

• The topic was locked