Light-O-Rama Forums

"Lights On" in two weeks!!!

Santas Helper

Well we went live tonight it's still going for another 30 minutes or so but thus far its had a very good reception! Lot of positive comments on my Facebook page and at one time I had like 9 cars lined up plus people on the sidewalk dancing. The funnest part was listening to the little kids to get excited about it. That made the whole thing worth it

12 hours ago, Thebug said:

Well we went live tonight it's still going for another 30 minutes or so but thus far its had a very good reception! Lot of positive comments on my Facebook page and at one time I had like 9 cars lined up plus people on the sidewalk dancing. The funnest part was listening to the little kids to get excited about it. That made the whole thing worth it

That really is the best feeling to see the excitement in the kids (of all ages).

7 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I'm happy to report that Opening night went perfect!  I love it when a plan comes together.

That's awesome to hear Jim. 

20 hours ago, jfuller8400 said:

That really is the best feeling to see the excitement in the kids (of all ages).

I have commented on this type of post in the past, but will revisit now that I have been doing it a few years.

This is the most bs statement I have ever heard.  Everyone on the Great Light Fight spews the same line.  Fact is,  I do this for ME.  I am a show off.  I need attention, and I need to be someone.  I do this to show off what I can do, and that I am better than average (everybody else).  It is great that people enjoy it,  and it is really cool that kids love it, but most importantly....they love ME.  They know who I am.  They talk about me.  I am the star.  The news cameras show up to film the house and talk about ME.  I look in the camera so that everyone knows the one that did this was ME.  And when  they ask why I do it, I respond with an earnest look on my face "I do it just to see the joy in the neighborhood kids eyes".

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Dcroc said:

I have commented on this type of post in the past, but will revisit now that I have been doing it a few years.

This is the most bs statement I have ever heard.  Everyone on the Great Light Fight spews the same line.  Fact is,  I do this for ME.  I am a show off.  I need attention, and I need to be someone.  I do this to show off what I can do, and that I am better than average (everybody else).  It is great that people enjoy it,  and it is really cool that kids love it, but most importantly....they love ME.  They know who I am.  They talk about me.  I am the star.  The news cameras show up to film the house and talk about ME.  I look in the camera so that everyone knows the one that did this was ME.  And when  they ask why I do it, I respond with an earnest look on my face "I do it just to see the joy in the neighborhood kids eyes".

That may be the case for you, or how you feel, but I assure you it's not a bunch of BS to me.  I do this because I love Christmas and Christmas lights.  Always have since I was a little kid.  Does it feel good to have my neighbors thank me and tell me how much they enjoy it.  Absolutely, but I do it as my gift to them.  I deliberately don't advertise my show with the local media or on social media because I don't want all of the hassle that comes with it.  If people find it an enjoy it, great.  If not, that's fine too.  I enjoy it.

So Bah Humbug to you Mr. Grinch Dcroc.  You can express your opinions but please don't think that you know my motivations for what and why I do what I do.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jfuller8400 said:

That may be the case for you, or how you feel, but I assure you it's not a bunch of BS to me.  I do this because I love Christmas and Christmas lights.  Always have since I was a little kid.  Does it feel good to have my neighbors thank me and tell me how much they enjoy it.  Absolutely, but I do it as my gift to them.  I deliberately don't advertise my show with the local media or on social media because I don't want all of the hassle that comes with it.  If people find it an enjoy it, great.  If not, that's fine too.  I enjoy it.

So Bah Humbug to you Mr. Grinch Dcroc.  You can express your opinions but please don't think that you know my motivations for what and why I do what I do.

Easy there......it was tongue in cheek.  Also, you agree that you do it for yourself,  so what is your actual arguement?  You agree, but are mad that I pointed it out?  To thy own self be true.  Don't blame me if the truth hurts.

1st year not to go live on Thanksgiving, I am aiming for tonight. On the bright side, 5 houses on my street have lights that did not previous years. I am having an effect on how my street looks outside of just my yard!

Edited by Papa6058

1 minute ago, Papa6058 said:

1st year not to go live on Thanksgiving, I am aiming for tonight. On the bright side, 5 houses on my street have lights that did not previous years. I am having an effect on how my street looks outside of just my yard!

Hopefully no hiccups tonight!

Same here on neighbors. Most of the block at least now does a little something. I love it.

Again - good luck tonight.

3 minutes ago, Papa6058 said:

Yeah, this is the first year I am not lights on for Black Friday.   Been working graveyard shift all year, and simply have not had the time, or energy, to do what I needed to do all year.  I added a pixel tree, and a few other things that I have simply not prepared to run yet.  I decided to set a goal of Dec. 1st.

• The topic was locked