• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Travis

• JimCanfield

• mnkyboy

• Don

Maybe we can talk Dan into a transparent door option for the people who choose to do the "Type-R" configuration and want to show it off.:D

Actually a clear window is pretty easy. I was thinking of doing it, or using special optics pieces I found for the status LED so you can see it on with the cover closed.

If you use the kits from some of the computer mod sites, it will seal from moisture pretty well. Just Make sure to use the molding with the center rib. You should end up with something like this ( I still need to add some more UV Cabling cover to some fo the wires I am not done with my PC yet)

William

Attached files 151656=8822-computer.bmp

sparky741 wrote:

Having the clear cover is a cool idea, but then again, do you really want to "advertise" your stuff if it's outside? You could instead drill a hole and use a lite pipe like this:

http://www.vcclite.com/spec_pages/pdf/cat_page10.pdf

You would just have to seal the colored lens with some RTV for weather resistance.

Those are exactly what I have been looking at as the "special optic piece", I couldn't remeber the exact name of them ... I have that link on this computer as a favorite ( shhhhhh I was at work on my break earlier). One of my controllers may be on my roof under an eave, so I want to be able to see the status from the ground...

OK back to our regular program already in progress! show off those controllers!

• 4 weeks later...

Travis,

I went through this week and assembled all of my PC boards I received from the sale; I also am OCD – here are a few pictures. I also show how I labeled my channels.

100_1822%20[640x480].JPG

100_1824%20[640x480].JPG

100_1826%20[640x480].JPG

100_1828%20[640x480].JPG

Harrison

Mountainwxman wrote:

Harrison... if you have trouble with those wire markers coming off, use a Sharpie fine tip white paint marker.

I have and it works flawless.

My Hand writing SUCKS ... I will stick with labels - Just reapply them. Also my controlers are inside so no weather issues.

Harrison

hbomb341 wrote:

My Hand writing SUCKS ...

Quit being modest! Of course, words can not describe how bad your handwriting really is ... so your description will have to do.