Light-O-Rama Forums

Setup Begins

dgrant

Finally seems like things are getting done around here. Thank God for my 14 year old daughter... she's really helped(both physically and more importantly mentally)!!! :wub:

2016-gettingready-small.jpg

House is about 95% done. Yard has maybe 80% of the lights placed... but ZERO wiring has been done there. :huh: Will probably wire up some stuff today and then work on the rest after work throughout the week.

Don't want to jinx it but a Thanksgiving night light-up looks like it may just happen!

On 11/13/2016 at 6:07 AM, JeffF said:

Finally seems like things are getting done around here. Thank God for my 14 year old daughter... she's really helped(both physically and more importantly mentally)!!! :wub:

2016-gettingready-small.jpg

House is about 95% done. Yard has maybe 80% of the lights placed... but ZERO wiring has been done there. :huh: Will probably wire up some stuff today and then work on the rest after work throughout the week.

Don't want to jinx it but a Thanksgiving night light-up looks like it may just happen!

Love your yard.....no neighbors at least in this pic.  You have quite a bit to setup and I like the fact your daughter pitched in to help....nice!

I finished with my small light show setup yesterday.  Nowhere near the complexity of some shows out there.  It consists of just one 16Ch controller/ 12 strip tree, pixel star / pixel arches and square and a pixel inflatable snowman.  Stoked everything is working according to plan so far (fingers crossed)!  Still have a few static items to put up but the stressful part is over.

I've just got up most of one mega tree...8 more strings to put on it. Then the other mega tree, all 32 have yet to be done. Still have to connect everything plus getting up onto the roof. I intend on being done Thursday since there's a little girl I don't wish to disappoint! Said I'd be done and so done I shall be!

• Like 1

My wife put up almost everything in the yard in the past two weekends! B) Most all of our stuff is spiral wrapped trees in the yard. I helped with some of it. Last big thing is our new 180* mega tree, we still have to figure out exactly how it's going to be mounted! It is going to be attached at the top to a tree and PVC pipe at the bottom, just not exactly sure how yet... We also still have to put out the controllers and connect them, put out the mini trees, deer and  put lights on the patio area. Hopefully get it mostly done this coming weekend to start final testing and have it ready to go Friday after Thanksgiving.

We started November 4th by configuring our controllers to proper settings, as we bought new controllers. The 6th we spent hanging some of the RGBs... due to HOA rules, we aren't able to do a whole lot BEFORE Thanksgiving. We've been sneaking things here and there. When it gets dark, we do our "prop construction." This means we build anything that doesn't require being hung up on the eaves or house to be completed. Lately, we've been working on our new props since we don't get to work on our lights before it gets dark. Tonight, we're building new frames for the windows because they're going from rope light to RGB ribbon, plus building a frame for our official new sign we'll be creating.

All of the "how to" will be added to our site when it's all done. Thanks!

LN + the Light Maestro team.

I'm behind the game plan thanks to my little stunt on Wednesday. Yep, fell off the ladder from about 7 feet up and landed hard. Besides my pride and posterior end of my anatomy being hurt, my right wrist was badly fractured and moved sideways. Surgery is Monday morning. Just a few connections left to do and fabricate a couple of vampire cords. Oh fun but the show will go on!

1 hour ago, dgrant said:

I'm behind the game plan thanks to my little stunt on Wednesday. Yep, fell off the ladder from about 7 feet up and landed hard. Besides my pride and posterior end of my anatomy being hurt, my right wrist was badly fractured and moved sideways. Surgery is Monday morning. Just a few connections left to do and fabricate a couple of vampire cords. Oh fun but the show will go on!

Dang! Hope you're ok. If I lived close I come help ya out. I went all pixels this year, setup was so simple, no tons of extension cords lol, sequencing was tougher but I managed alright. Good luck on surgery, hope all goes well.

1 hour ago, dgrant said:

OUCH! hope you heal quickly!

Dang! Hope you're ok. If I lived close I come help ya out. I went all pixels this year, setup was so simple, no tons of extension cords lol, sequencing was tougher but I managed alright. Good luck on surgery, hope all goes well.

That's what I like about the pixel house outline, I pull out the emt pipes from the wall of the garage and I can have all the house lights up and working in 2 hours or less. My biggest issues I'm having right now is that I was sequencing in the winter and then we moved in the summer, so working with PE and getting the sequences working for the new house has been a challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks, there's been a few of those this year. My dad almost did the same thing last week helping me. Luckily I was right there to grab the ladder for him. Good luck with the surgery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, dgrant said:

That really sucks. Sorry to hear. Hopefully surgery is perfect. Speedy recovery prayers to you. 

Good grief! You and OilMoney need to compare X-rays. Let's see yours...

I hope the surgery and recovery goes well for you.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Surgery was done yesterday morning. Hurts more now than it did before. I only have  two simple things to do outside then its complete. Thanks for the nice wishes!

Sorry to hear what happened but glad there are just a couple things left to do for your display to be up and running.

Hope you heal nice and fast.

Took a little longer but its now ready to run tomorrow evening and go live for the season!

Glad to hear that you were able to SLOWLY complete your setup.

I've got a couple hours for little stuff that was planned to be last minute, and then a while on the computer to make changes with Zara so it shuts up before the light show starts - it's been running 24x7 for the last nine days. Still need to setup my show in the Show Editor too, but that's only a couple minutes...

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Finished setup yesterday.. Took a bit longer than usual.  Added some new stuff and rearranged the whole display. Had to switch some cables for my 10 watt floods due to a DMX output not working. But other than that everything seems to be working good.  Now  testing is done and it's go live tomorrow ?...... Good luck to everyone ?

Setup is done! Hooked everything up and had a flawless first run so that's either luck or good planning lol. Tomorrow night is going to be fun! Neighbors already seem to love it from what they saw during my test run so I don't expect any issues there. Now to get some videos so I can share with all of you the display, good or bad haha.