Light-O-Rama Forums

lets have some fun and see how far this goes

evan.a

FALSE-I'am a newbie no one wants mine !!

TPBM , needs 15000 led lights for his mega tree this year.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimCanfield

• JeffF

• TitusCarnathan

• joneslights

False, I need to figure out how to get my own first.

TPMB all they can think about is their halloween display & starting to panic.

False, I know how to create a show in the software. My 1st xmas show last year may not have been the best but I sure did enjoy doing it and watching my lights and music.

TPBM just like me, still has no Idea what tracks are used for in the LOR software.

False, I know what track are, just have no idea how to use them correctly yet.

TPBM just got their credit card statement in the mail and needs to explain WHY there are 3 new controllers billed to it instead of the 2 that were agreed upon.

True,

I have 6 arches 24'long made with rope light.

TPBM has not started on any sequencing yet :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

Mix between True And False for the Halloween display I started but for the christmas display I did not really start yet

TPBM

Took a vacation day to go out and buy christmas lights

true ordered 1 CCR

TPBM

while shopping for Christmas lights they fill their cart like in the movie deck the halls where he put his hand behind the lights and went down the aisle filling his cart as he travels

• 1 month later...

True well pretty darn close. Last year at Lowe's i did that with extension cords also. The green and brown 40' and 75' holiday cords they gave me at 75% off. It was like $1.40 for 40' and $2.00 for 75' i had to. I even went into the electrical isle where they had cases of them so i bought them all. About 80 cords of each size. It was so bad one employee even said something like holy cords batman. It was awesome. Hopefully i can do it again this year. Like the add says ANYTHING Christmas is 75% and the cords say holiday on packaging.

Tpbm started his 2009 show just after he took down the lights at the end of the 2008 show

False. I did very little with the show until the last couple of weeks, other than visiting forums and tweaking some very general ideas in my mind. I'm way behind, but that's usual for me this time of year :P

tpbm uses an iphone or blackberry during setup to configure the lights.

Kind of true, I use my iphone to remotely control the pc from outside my house to switch the lights on etc =)

TPBM has had some minor electrical shocks at somepoint from their displaying career!

• 6 months later...

False

TPBM went up on their roof in the middle of a cold night because a lightbulb burned out

False

It usually rains for a week just after I have everything running, freezes, then dump a bunch of snow. I ain't going up there.:D I do replace everything that I can get to though.:)

TPBM just realized that they only have six months left and they haven't started on anything.

True, but he also has his daughters wedding slide show and one for Relay for Life to do before he can get back to sequencing.

TPBM is giddy waiting for the summer sale and the anticipation of the RGB version of the software.

True especially about the software thing

TPBM Would like to install PLC (programable logic controllers) (computer equipment to controll motors in specific order) to run their interactive light show so for instance while a show is running the all but the button for that specific input blinks once a show is over all the buttons light up solid.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes will actually be using a PLC and VFD to spin a LED light bar to create pictures. Still need to come up with a good armature though.

TPBM will use a photo eye, looking accros the street to count the cars that stop for there show. I"m thinking anything that blocks for 30 seconds is a confirmed spectator.

false....to many bunny rabbits would screw the count up.

TPBM is thinking about buying some new RGB floods, but is waiting to see if the xmas flood surfaces in the next month.