Light-O-Rama Forums

pixcon 16 - where to begin?

Newb

Thank you so much for the help guys. I had unchecked highspeed on the controller. For some reason this caused all pixels to be fully on. I switched it back to highspeed and now the hardware test function is working perfectly.

I had a similar issue with the Advatek Pixlite 16 (same board) and it was the buffer chips that shorted out (my fault) The buffer chips are the long black chips on either side of the board. Only 1 on each side is used cause the other is for the Clock which isn't used on 2811. You can try moving the U7 and U8 chips to U9 and U10 but they are very fragile, I would first get a hold of LOR to see what they can do if anything.........I have 3 Pixcon boards I just had to send back for repair and they (LOR) had to send me new ones cause the old boards could not be fixed......I prefer the Falcon F16v2 board

U9 (bottom right) is the data chip for bank 2 and U10 (top left) is the data chip for bank 1.

U7 and U8 can be ignored as they are only for pixels that use a clock line.

Also, beware of the orientation when you replace chips.

1 minute ago, dan24438 said:

Thank you so much for the help guys. I had unchecked highspeed on the controller. For some reason this caused all pixels to be fully on. I switched it back to highspeed and now the hardware test function is working perfectly.

Glad you got it fixed!!!!!

I am downloading Advatek assistant but when it shows the screen under select adapter the IP address is 192.168.0.1 I need 192.168.50. Also it states 0 Devices . How do I change to the correct IP address for my controller?

I believe the 192.168.1.50 is the Factory IP Address. You need to change the adapter setting s in Windows in order to have your computer within the same IP address as the Pixcon, I believe LOR has their own assistant as well. Its just like the Advatek Assistant but I think there are a few differences........

I have a problem I have my Alphapix controller hooked up. I downloaded the Advatek Lights assistant, However wghen I bring it up under the select adapter it does not show my controller at 192.168.0.50 instead it shows 192.168.0.50. It also shows no controller under the model. I can not refresh to my controller. Any suggestions please.

I've just received WS2811's from Ray and after figuring out on the Pixco16 that I have to select highspeed for them to work, I then found that these are not RGB rather GRB. I keep seeing issues like this, first with LPD6803's and now WS2811's. Am I doing something wrong?

Ok, I got them to work, sort of. By turning on the high speed mode, they came to life. Strange how once again, I run into issues with the programming type though...instead of RGB, they are GRB and these are WS2811's too. I saw this on LPD6803's a lot and different modes for different batches or manufacturers. 

• The topic was locked