Light-O-Rama Forums

Fired up show and only 1/4 of my display will light up.

rcolving

Ok, Here is the situation.  Worked very hard on sequences and then set up display last two weeks.  Everything in show worked in pixel Editor and in visualizer.  Fired it up for real and only a fourth of my display lights.  Here is the order I have them connected to the USB485, to CTB16PC (v3) Unit ID 1 working  to CMB24D Unit ID 10 working to CMB24D Unit ID 0F not working to CTB16PC Unit ID 7 (v2) working to CTB16PC Unit ID 8 (v3) working to CTB16PC Unit ID 2 (v3) working to CTB16PC Unit ID 4 (v2) working to CCR Unit ID 0A not working to CCR Unit ID 0B not working to CCR Unit ID 0C not working to  CTB16 PC Unit ID 5 (v3) not working to CCR Unit ID 0D not working to CCR Unit ID 0E  not working to CCR  Unit ID 12 not working to CCR Unit ID 11 not working to CTB16PC Unit ID 6 (v3) not working to CTB16PC Unit ID 9 (v3) not working to CTB16PC Unit ID 3 (v3)not working.  

Running LORSequenceEditor 4.3.4 Pro Edition, Used Pixel Editor for CCR's and regular Sequencer for Dumb RGB's and LED strips. 

Any Ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Does the HU find them all?  Also, what license level are you?  You need advanced or higher to run more than 8 controllers. 

Hope you don't mind.  Streamlined the list to help people judge a little guicker, the situation.

CTB16PC 1 working  
CMB24D 10 working
CMB24D 0F not working
CTB16PC 7  working
CTB16PC 8 working
 CTB16PC 2 working
CTB16PC 4 working
 CCR 0A not working
CCR 0B not working
CCR OC not working
CTB16PC 5 not working
CCR 0D not working
CCR 0E not working
 CCR 12 not working
CCR 11 not working
CTB16PC 6 notworking
CTB16PC 9 not working

Correct me if I am wrong, but unit id's 10 and 0A are the same, so are units 11 and 0B, 12 and OC. That looks like one problem.

Dennis, if it were a bad cable the not working ones would be after the first non working and not spurious as they are. Could be multiple problems but I would start with the ID's

Edited by kzaas

Looks like you have 6 working controllers.

Got to ask, first year with all this LOR equipment or has worked in the past? Just trying to guage where you might be from experience level and how familar with controller setup and the HU?

Looks like none of the CCR's worki.  I'm not familiar with their setup but raises flag about how they were setup.  Instead of troubleshooting them all daisy chain together, could pull one CCR out and only connect it to your computer and seeing if you can get it to be recongnice by itself or re-checking CCR setup and trying it again.

Definately go through HU to confirm what LOR does or doesn't recongnice and not simple  by what lights in a sequence are not on.

The last 10 or so are not working which could raise cat5 cable issue.

I added 3 new controllers this year to go with my previous 2.  I connected each of the 5 controllers separately to the computer to confirm via HU, that they were working, before  connecting them all together outside. ONce installed, if HU then didn reconize a controller, I could zero in on cabling.

I have LOR Pro.  This is my 3rd year using LOR.  2nd Year with CCR's.  I did check each controller before I installed them and used a tester on each cat5 cable.  I'm work in IT and this one has me stumped.

Could it be that the ver. 2 controllers are not passing the data intensity information through but other info is?

Correct me if I am wrong, but unit id's 10 and 0A are the same, so are units 11 and 0B, 12 and OC. That looks like one problem.

Dennis, if it were a bad cable the not working ones would be after the first non working and not spurious as they are. Could be multiple problems but I would start with the ID's

Whoa there.

10 and OA are different addresses as well as 11 and OB are different addresses, and 12 and OC are different. These are all hexadecimal numbers.

Jerry

• Like 1

So all controllers worked last season with the same id's.

Would seem that only potential cat5 cable issue, could be the cable before that last group of controllers that all don't work.

If you're using Pixel Editor, I must assume that you have your network using Enhanced Protocol.  Anything but very new controllers will not work on Enhanced Protocol without a firmware upgrade - and non Gen 3 controllers can NOT be upgraded to work with Enhanced Protocol.

As a followup after reading a little more detail on the original list rather than the summary that was much easier to read that mpageler did, I notice that you have Gen 2 controllers that are working (I assume that is what you mean by "v2").  If that is the case, you must NOT be using Enhanced Protocol and therefore anything that is controlled by the intensity file from Pixel Editor won't work.  Short of replacing a bunch of controllers very quickly, your only solution will be to run two networks with the controllers that can't use Enhanced Protocol on one network and the ones that can on a separate network.

I'm having to do the same thing this year because I have two older controllers that don't speak Enhanced Protocol.  My advantage was that I knew that in the middle of the year when I changed my AuxA network to Enhanced Protocol for my year round landscape lighting.   So my Regular network is Non-Enhanced, and my AuxA and AuxB are enhanced.  Next year I'm replacing the two older controllers, so that I can run my entire show as intensity files from SuperStar.