Jump to content

Sequence fine in editor, but bad in a show


CardsFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a strange situation.  I started my show yesterday and the first time through everything looked great.  I watched the show a couple hours later and I had random channels turning on when they were not suppose to.  I shut down the show and reset each of the 8 controllers.  I used the hardware utility to verify all controllers were connected and working, which they were.  I started a 'show on demand' and the strangeness remained.  I have some fade downs that abruptly turn off and random channels turn on.  However, when I run the sequence outside a show through the sequence editor everything looks correct.  I changed out the CAT5 cable from the computer to the first controller and nothing changed.  I deleted the show and built it over again with a new name and it had now effect.  Any suggestions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are using compressed sequences, try using the sequence compressor to manually compress all the sequences. (Don't forget to check the Force compression ... box.

 

I had one sequence that was not executing the windows command, and this fixed it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brian Mitchell

Also run the verifier program to weed out many problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I second Brian Mitchell - "random channels turning on when they're not supposed to" could be indicative of channel conflicts.  That's something that the Verifier will alert you to.  Run the Verifier (against your show, not against the individual sequence), and see what it has to say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...