Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Programming Question

quintank

I do a filler about every 15 min or so but I know that some people with high traffic volumes will do one after every song.

I'm not sure what you mean by the term "filler"?

If you're referring to an animation sequence, then no. Like Dennis said, people can see lights NOT synchronized to music everywhere. They don't stop by for that. I don't even know for sure whether or not I even HAVE any animation sequences.

If you're referring to announcements (many call them voice-overs) that answer is yes. I run an announcement - even if it's only a ten-second headlight reminder - after every two songs.

Just run mine back to back, no announcements, no fillers, only background animation running is for the handicap ramp lights set down to 40%, mainly for safety purposes.  This way the ramp is still lit enough to walk up to my front door, but also dim enough NOT to distract from the display and other lighted items that also share the ramp.

I also run my show using the "shuffle" command, so each show run doesn't play the songs in the same order each time.   I've never been too fond of "repetition!" LOL

Being a police officer I have a shop with a cop announcement that plays twice during my 40 minute show. Even that announcement is sequenced to my lights which is a 17 second announcement. After that it all starts over again.