Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating sequence file for Star Burst display

khawryluk56

I am building a couple of Star Burst to add to my display this year.  I was wondering if Superstar how to use superstar to create sequences for them.  My thought is it should behave like a VU Meter and react to the music by sequencing the lights up and down.  The Star Burst are made of of 5 sections of "Dumb" RGB modules along the post topped off with a 3 segment star made up of "dumb" RGB pixel nodes.  Any suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated.   

In the superstar Instant Sequence dialog box, there is now a VU-Meter option for the Movement of each TCM. To use it you need to do the following:

1) Choose a TCM such as TCM 1

2) Set "Rapid Fire" as the trigger type

3) set "VU-meter" as the movement

4) click on the "TIming Map" button

5) for the row you want to use, set at least 5 of the Freq. You can set "All Freqs" if you want

6) Set TCM 1 for the row or rows you want to sequence

7) click on the "sequence all" button

I know its a bit complicated, but all the different settings give you a lot of powerful options.

I'd be curious to see your visualization if you want to email it to brian@superstarlights.com

Thanks Brian, that's awesome!  I will send you the visualization later this week.  Hardware should be here by the weekend.