Light-O-Rama Forums

Entire house install using

Cadragna

I am starting from scratch and have a few questions.

The electrical calculation is still a bit confusing.

For my RGB lighting how many strands can be connected to one port on the CMB24D controller?

One strand is 16' and some section/channels.

The 16 channel controller looks like it feeds line voltage to controls, so if my garage needs 4 16' strands which to me means I will need 2- cmb24d controllers and they will take up two channels on the ctb16pc?

I want to wire the entire front section of my house.

My question is, the rgb controller has 8 ports on it and to be safe in thinking of using one strand per port. However I will need more than 8 ports so if I use the crb16 controller, it looks like it uses line voltage plugs! Does that mean I can use one 8 port rgb controller per channel ? Please email me

Back munch89898@gmail.com

You do not plug a CMB24D into a CTB16PC. The CMB24D is its own standalone DC controller. All you need is a DC power supply & enclosure.

Power calculations are different for everyone. It will depend on the strips you are using. Power requirements vary wildly from strip to strip.

The CTB16PC is 120v AC and the CMB24D is 5-30v DC and they can't plug into each other electrical wise.  They will connect together via cat5 cable for data transfer only but other then that they are two separate controllers.

Lets define the CMB24D. Its a DC controller which is designed to work with "dumb" led strips. Typically these run off 12vdc. You would need a 12vdc power supply to power the CMB24D and the strips attached to it. "dumb" strips are just that...the entire strip changes to any color you wish, based upon the sequencing you apply. The controller supplies +12V on one wire. The other 3 wires, R, G, B are Red, Green and Blue respectively. To each of those, the controller will supply or vary -12V in whatever combination to create the desired color. Its commanded from the LOR RS485 comm buss.

You need to work out how many strips can be connected based on how much power they use (How many LEDs in every meter, how much does each of these use?), the limitations of the CMB24D and your power supply.