Light-O-Rama Forums

Please stop the sales!

Papa6058

Right now, many of you are used to decorating things 4 times:  once each with Red, Green, Blue and Clear/White strings.  Which means 4 times the cost to decorate a single prop.  When simple RGB strings come into the market, you'll only need to decorate that prop with 1 string.  Yes, you will loose the ability to turn on 'blue and white' at the same time (for a multi-color effect), but you will gain the ability to make your prop purple or yellow, or whatever other color you want.  (You'll also be able to decorate in 25% of the time since you only need to string ONCE! :))

To get your effects back, you could string 2 of these rgb strings together. Still better than 4.

But, this is really the job of the pixel.

Some believe incans say Christmas better than rgb. I am eagerly awaiting the mini rgb lights with hopes they will look similar to m6 or m5 instead of c9. That is what I think makes incans look better....their smaller size. So it gives a softer twinkling look than big rgb bulbs.

Ah the future....what does it hold.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Papa6058

• PhilMassey

• Dennis Laff

• Mega Arch

I guess promblem was getting caught up in the full wave sealed port stuff and weighing the extra cost from buying at places like Cdi vs Walmart.

Both styles have pluses. I have a lot of inexpensive LEDs too, but after getting to know Santas Helper and Papa last year, at presale time earlier this year, I bought an insane amount of sealed C6 full wave LEDs. They are amazing.

( ok, not an insane amount of lights - but an insane amount of money )

Soooo...if I need my lights to fade left to right, do I need left or right handed LED strings??

Soooo...if I need my lights to fade left to right, do I need left or right handed LED strings??

What side of the street are you on?

What side of the street are you on?

I've always been on the wrong side of the tracks...does that help?

Edited by jimswinder

Oh no! If you are near the tracks you will need audio lights 2 strands for each track. If you use an 8-track player like myself that's 16 strands for each

Papa

Oh no! If you are near the tracks you will need audio lights 2 strands for each track. If you use an 8-track player like myself that's 16 strands for each

Papa

ahhh..that makes sense...does it matter if its mono or stereo?

Well, if you use Papa's 8-track, you should be ok.

But if you are like me and haven't had one since the Beach Boys...

I just don't worry about the lights. Whichever are on sell.

Just turn your controller around if wasn't correct the first time.

Mono - stereo - plug the modulator in.

Edited by Mega Arch

ahhh..that makes sense...does it matter if its mono or stereo?

It depends on the colors you want. The mono will only work with odd colors as where the stereo works with odd and even colors.

Papa

It depends on the colors you want. The mono will only work with odd colors as where the stereo works with odd and even colors.

Papa

so...red, green and white are odd..blue, purple and orange are even?

eight tracks, stereo all this new tecno  stuff I am still using my 78s sometimes ill break out a 45 or 33 and a third

so...red, green and white are odd..blue, purple and orange are even?

No, no, no those are the outdated specs- Red, white (cool white) & blue + green are even colors the others are odd

eight tracks, stereo all this new tecno  stuff I am still using my 78s sometimes ill break out a 45 or 33 and a third

very cool, I had to wire 3 of my 33 1/3s together because I needed to play an entire album!

Papa

I spent a lot last season from "good lights" actually lost three strands. All my mini tress made with hobby lobby lights lost one string lol. Thing imana go all hobby lobby this year. Emailed today asking about bulk pricing from warehouse

my dad bought a caddy when I was about 7 or 8 and it had a actual record player mounted in it in the dash on the passenger side.. I think it would play 45, 33 1/3 but dont remember if it would play 78's.

oh and for the ones that are confused... just check and see what degree your house is according to magnetic north and line your lights up l to ri or r to left based on the degrees minus 30 for the sun being more north then in the summer for the winter equinox which happens a few days before Christmas..

I spent a lot last season from "good lights" actually lost three strands. All my mini tress made with hobby lobby lights lost one string lol. Thing imana go all hobby lobby this year. Emailed today asking about bulk pricing from warehouse

I have a lot of Hobby Lobby lights. They already have anout 80% of their lights out now. Get their 40% off 1 item coupon and buy 1 strand a day, every day. I got my wife and 2 of my nieces involved. We have 2 HL real close to us. Most days we bought 8 strands. A third HL is about 5 miles further. As we got closer to Halloween, I would start to panic and so we would buy 12 strands a day. You say what? Yeah - My 45 strands LED icicles, 45 strands C9 LEDS, the Mega Arch and 6 spikes are all HL lights. Plus I bought HL LEDS for my sons new house and my dads - but both those were just static - for now.

If only HL had sealed C6 lights I could have saved another thousand.....

Edited by Mega Arch

No, no, no those are the outdated specs- Red, white (cool white) & blue + green are even colors the others are odd

very cool, I had to wire 3 of my 33 1/3s together because I needed to play an entire album!

Papa

I like the 78's better than the 33 1/3 or 45s.  They are nice a thick, making them very durable.  However even though it is good exercise, it can be difficult to remember to turn the crank on the player every few songs during the show.

I like the 78's better than the 33 1/3 or 45s.  They are nice a thick, making them very durable.  However even though it is good exercise, it can be difficult to remember to turn the crank on the player every few songs during the show.

get with the program - you can get a windshield wiper motor to do the cranking. However, sometimes it does go intermittently, but that just makes the effects even cooler - kinda techno..

I wanted to use c6s for mega tree but at 32 strands of four colors that's about 1500 lol. Could use hobby lobby m5s and be less than half that